Burgman 650 Kits Available Now - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Burgman 650 Kits Available Now

We currently have kits for the Burgman 650 on the shelf and ready to deliver next week! These conversion assemblies fit all year Burgman 650's through and including 2012.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Insane Poster

Looked at your website. Noticed that nowhere that I could find discussed prices. What is the starting price for your trike kit for a 650 Burgman?

1980 Honda Express NC50 (with a 70cc jug and piston)
2009 Burgman 650 Executive with:
Givi Luggage: Both 21 liter E-21 or 41 liter Givi E41 hard bags : Airhawk R seat pad : Alaska Leather Sheepskin seat pad : Double RAM balls set up to left side brake reservoir : Bearcat Riders seat backrest : Bestem T-Box 929 (46 lit) Top Box : Turn signal audible buzzer
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Super Poster

Any chance of coming up with something for the 400?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

For now we do not put pricing on the website. We would prefer to provide better service and speak with our potential customers to find out exactly what they need and provide a custom quote.

I can be reached at mark@ytrikes.com or 727-233-3610

Thanks
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

We typically consider looking at scooters and bikes that are at least 500cc. What we have found is that under 500cc the transmissions are not sufficiently strong and the sub 500cc units do not have enough go power.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Insane Poster

The Yelvington trike kit may be the only true trike kit out there. I have seen a few of them, even ridden both the Burgman 650 and the SilverWing 600. I'm not ready to go to a trike yet but if (when) I do have to go that way I sure the Yelvington trike kit will be my choice. From those I have spoke to about price, the basic price was a little over $5,000. They have full body kits and a lot of nice options that I could not even guess the cost. I will say the Burgman seemed even bigger on the faces of those that had them.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Insane Poster

One of the first

I've had my kit now for over 15,000 miles (second one made). And it's better than ever. I'm sure that they now have a perfect product. Would get another in an instant if something happened to mine! No way would I consider a training wheel machine.
Have made one round trip on it (1,000+ miles). Only problem, my butt seems to have broken.

RIDE ON!

Terry from Georgia

Patriot Guard Rider
grip puppies
GPS Garmin
Clear View windshield w/vent
mirror Led turn indicators
TrinityTrike -8/27/09 15000+ miles on it
Isuzu back rest
Fehline pass backrest/luggage rack
Ikon shocks
Racetech front springs & emulators

Last edited by zeco; 07-25-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typos
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Insane Poster

I don't see much activity on the Yelvington trike fourm, has anyone bough one latley. I sold mine a few weeks ago and putting my old Danson kit on a 05 650 I bought last week.
Their new web site is very poor and could be improved , not as good as when Bob Witte was running the web site. I think they have a great produce now that they got the bugs out of the kit.

Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Insane Poster

I know two people locally who have bought Yelvington trikes. One Silverwing and one Burgman. Both at first wondered if they made the right decision. The man with the Burgman lowered his shocks just by changing the way the shock mount bolted on, did not have to do any drilling. Now he is very happy with it. The man that has the Silverwing lives on a rough bumpy road and the trike was beating his (bad) back up. He found out next spring they are going to redo his road. So for now he is keeping his Silverwing trike at a garage down the road and he rides his Honda Helix to the garage. He is fine with this until they get the road fixed. So now both of them are happy with their trikes. They also have put over 1,000 miles on them and I think that has a lot to do with why they now like them.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Turbo Poster

Today I gave my trike to a long-time friend because I could no longer ride it.

I broke my back about 3 years ago and it never really healed properly. The (very) heavy steering caused me to be in pain for several days every day after driving the trike. I just couldn't bring myself to pay over $1K for the aftermarket triple-tree and who-knows-what for installation.

The basic kit price is in the $5K range. Adding a triple-tree and electric reverse will get you into the $7500 - $8000 range. Paint fenders to match? $200 -$300 additional. If you substitute SEATEC's absolutely gorgeous body kit for the fenders, color-matched and installed ... you're well into $10-12K+ territory (I may be conservative here).

If you can't install everything yourself, plan on $600 -$1K for installation by a competent/qualified mechanic. In my experience, every motorcycle dealership and most independent shops declined my business. Before you buy, be confident that you can get the job done on your own or have subs who can.

OK. Enough of the Negative Nellie.

If you're prepared to spend $12K+ for your trike kit and the ancillary bits to make it fully functional and looking like it came from the factory, you will have a well engineered/designed trike for boat-loads less money than any other commercially available trike even if you have to pay for installation. (Seriously, check out Gold Wing and Harley trike prices.) And you will have something that stands out from the crowd. Trust me, it's been fun (even with my relatively Plain Jane conversion) becoming the center of attention and questions at every run I've attended.

I'm a bit concerned when I look at the ytrikes.com website and see that they think we ride CTV (sic) scooters. But, I've been around enough engineers to know that correct spelling's not a high priority. Still.

Regards,

Dan

2006 Burgman 650 Executive
2008 smart s.u.v. (short utility vehicle)
AMA#: 740740
My photos are at

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.