Trinity vs Yelvington - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Trinity vs Yelvington

In 2009 I sold my Burgman 650 with a Danson trike set and bought a Burgman 650 with a Trinity trike set. I heard that the Trinity was the way to go a real three wheel scooter, quality and it will last a long time.

What I found out was don't always believe what you read. It wasn't a month later that I started to have issues with the trike set. Thankfully I know a guy who is an engineer and works on trikes. First I had a turning issue. I would turn the bike to the left and it want to go to the right. Needless to say there was an issue in the rear bearing because the person who put the trike set on never did it by the specs. Of course when I called the previous owner she told me it was put together down at Trinity. Not sure! Either way an expensive venture of $450 bucks to get fixed.

A year went by an a major issue came at 3000 miles. The sprocket was going bad. How can that be? The teeth were wore down pretty bad. Had to take it in again this time at the cost of $800 bucks. When my guy took everything apart he said the parts used to put this thing together was cheap, poor quality, the spacers were junk, and the sprocket housing was moving back and forth causing the sprocket to ware down. He had to buy a new sprocket and chain. Called down to Yelivington. They had the sprocket but we had to drill the holes to spec. My guy knows a machinist so that wasn't a issue. My mechanic spent two weeks on the project put in a entirely different rear end this time he said that sprocket will never move. We put in solid parts not that junk that was in there before.

Last week I took the bike to Powell Ohio 120 mile one way ride the bike was flawless. Now the bike and the tike set is perfect, I feel safe and knock on wood it is 100% sound.

Not sure if the Yelvington sets are any better than the Trinity. I been to three dealer shows in the last two years Yelvington has been there but when I talked to the rep it appeared that they are not very high on their product. Not many people were at the booth and in Cincinnati I was the only one talking to the rep for 20 minutes. He didn't seem to inspired about his product.

Funny thing is when I called down there about my sprocket to Tampa the company is only open until 2 in the afternoon. Strange to close up shop at 2. Kind of tells me not much is going on there.

Now I hear that Richard is out or just not as active as he was and another partner is involved in the company. Kind of makes one wonder what is going on there.

Going back when I bought the bike from the lady I was told my Richard that the bike had issues when she had it. They try to make it right with her but she wanted more. Not sure who did the install. She and her husband said Trinity did but Richard said they had it put on by a dealer in Michigan. One just needs to be careful when buying a used trike and if it is made by Trinity don't buy it! Maybe Yelvington trikes are better but at the same time the parts there are current and the style is newer. Trinity is out of date unless you know someone who can bring it back to life like mine is today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Insane Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Bakeisback
If memory serves me correct, Yelvington bought Trinity and ended the Trinity line. It is now all called Yelvington. Such a lovely ring... I say it every morning when I get up... Yelvington

Cary

The PUFFY Seat
Givi Windshield / Givi e55 case
Grip Puppies
Extra brake/riding/blinkers
Rostra Cruise Control / Dahlia Blue custom paint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- new email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website is online, but in-progress. YES, we are making seats now. Basic services coming soon

- NEW Backrest Video for 650.

- my new Burgman video

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal6878 View Post
Last week I took the bike to Powell Ohio 120 mile one way ride the bike was flawless. Now the bike and the tike set is perfect, I feel safe and knock on wood it is 100% sound.
Glad you got your trike fixed and it's safe. Too bad I missed you I live just north of Powell, Ohio in Delaware. Would love to see a Burgman Trike in person if you are back this way.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 10:40 PM

I have Yelvington 2.0 kit. They fixed the problems that Trinity had. Run's good.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Delaware Ohio! My nephew and I run up 42 to Mid Ohio every year for the cycle races and Vintage Days at Mid Ohio. We pass by Delaware Ohio I kind of like that place. I'm a railfanner as well and always noticed there are some old passenger trains sitting on the rails up there. I will let you know when we go up to Vintage Days this summer. Had my trike out several times in April but May has been wet and cool so waiting for warmer temps. Trike and bike running good so far. As you can see I haven't been on this site for over a year. Will start looking at it more with the summer not far away
Les

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.