Veskimo Cooling Jacket - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rustydust

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Veskimo Cooling Jacket

An earlier post about how hot it has been made me pat myself on the back about buying my Veskimo. For once it seems I really made an intelligent purchase!

It is a vest that up put on under your riding (not mesh) jacket. Lined with tiny tubes it has a hose that connects to a cooler you put on your back seat or luggage rack. Hook up to a 12V source, dump ice and a few ounces of water in the cooler (block ice last longer) turn it on and....wow! Does that feel nice or what? I wear a T-shirt under the vest and when I turn it on that cold water feels so good circulating around my body! I rode in 112 degree heat last year leaving my daughter's home in Arizona and I am giggling to myself as I ride down the road! Oh man! That was SO nice!

How long the ice last depends on if you are using block or crushed but a couple hours easy. And every place you get gas has an ice machine it seems.

Google it or better yet watch a YouTube video of it. I swear that it works as well as advertised and even though a bit spendy at $400, if you use it just 10 times a year over the next 10 years that is just $4 a ride to stay cool and fresh. Well worth it to me!

"When one is young, they become a liberal to show that they have a heart. When they get older, they become a conservative to show that they have a brain."
Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Very cool system, but um....water doesn't expand when it freezes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9vjugI0tw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

I think you lost me.

And does water not expand when it freezes anymore? It used to.
Mike33 likes this.

"When one is young, they become a liberal to show that they have a heart. When they get older, they become a conservative to show that they have a brain."
Winston Churchill

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydust View Post
I think you lost me.

And does water not expand when it freezes anymore? It used to.
sarcasm after watching the video.

I like the one that just fits on the person, but the whole idea of the full system is great! Like he said you can drink the water when you're done.

SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.