What's your jacket/pants choice for different seasons? - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

What's your jacket/pants choice for different seasons?

So to start off this thread a couple weeks ago I scored a brand new KLÍM Badlands Pro jacket off of eBay from a vendor that was getting rid of the previous generation models to clear out inventory. What I was most happy with was the $499 price (The current model is $999). Most of these are still priced between $625-675 brand new and they are getting harder to find in the common sizes (S,M,L,XL).

This thing feels like I could stop bullets as there is plenty of D3O armor everywhere needed and will probably help very well to keep me protected if I ever have to lay the Burg down.

But it also has the weight to match said bullet stopping capabilities. Not a light jacket by any means but again for what I was able to score it for I'm not complaining. I can fit a camelback bladder into it but the way that you do that is not conducive in anyway for getting it out of the jacket to refill it if you drink all of the liquid. So I might have to get one of the exterior waterpacks to go over the jacket for hydration.

I picked up a XXL size as I am 6'3" about 235.

It fits a little large on me which is actually not all that bad considering that when I plan on wearing this in colder weather I am going to probably use my Columbia breathable under layers to stay nice and toasty warm.

I already have a KLÍM Induction jacket for my around town or when it's warm, or boiling rides and the durability of that is what moved me to look into getting one of their more burly models for my longer distance and/or cooler weather rides.

On top of those two jackets I also have both a pair of the KLÍM Latitude and 251 denim pants.

The Latitude pants are for the colder and longer rides and allows me to zip directly into the zipper in the back of the Badlands jacket so it stays together when moving around on the bike.

The 251 Jeans have both Kevlar woven into the denim and also have hip and knee D3O armor to help in the event of a fall. I will usually wear these with the Induction jacket when I am riding to work and then I switch into a pair of shorts when I start.

Ok so that's what I am happy about but I am wondering what others out there have used for their jackets and pants setup for their various weather condition rides?

Ross
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Insane Poster

Those prices seem ridiculous!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Super Poster

motoport air mesh jacket and air mesh over pants. 90 deg to40 deg. heated vest under when cold.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Insane Poster

Kevlar jeans, cargo and over pants, 2 winter jackets & 1 Summer (with linings), 3 pairs of gloves & 1 liner, two helmets (black for winter and white for summer), one par of hiking boots, neck cowl, cooling vest and heat out shirt. Eh, it works.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Turbo Poster

Kevlar cargo pants $100 in Australia
Summer mesh with removable liner and armour from same store $100
Winter jacket with removable liner and armour from England for $130, looks very similar to what you got
Fingerless padded palm leather gym gloves for summer $15
Near new Ixon pro alert winter gloves for $12
All bought off of interweb and all delivered to my door.

Oct 2015 purchased 2007 Phantom Grey Metallic AN650 - 7000 miles
Feb 2016 and have done more miles in 5 months than the previous owner did in 8 years.
Mar 2016 3 MC tires in 17500 miles then went Darkside - Federal Formosa FD1 165/60r 14 - now 8000 miles in and finding it far superior to the MC tyre's.

Last edited by Racer X; 05-25-2016 at 10:45 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
Those prices seem ridiculous!
I was completely lucky in getting this as the auction popped up apparently about an hour before I had found it.

I was mainly worried because their XL size fits me pretty well but is a slight bit tight. So for me to move to the XXL size I was concerned that it would "float" on me. I had watched several different videos and figured out that I was actually between sizes for what my perfect fit would have been.

When I originally pulled it out of the box and put it on, my G-friend said...OMG it's got a huge tail!! That's the way it's supposed to lay especially for touring so it allows the water to drip down and away when I'm in the riding position.

But more as we looked at it and I did put acouple layers underneath, she said that I filled it in well.

Now I'm still trying to figure out what she meant by that???

Ross
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjs View Post
Kevlar jeans, cargo and over pants, 2 winter jackets & 1 Summer (with linings), 3 pairs of gloves & 1 liner, two helmets (black for winter and white for summer), one par of hiking boots, neck cowl, cooling vest and heat out shirt. Eh, it works.
And I thought I had too much stuff.

Ross
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

I have had about 4 jackets (including these two) but I just kept coming back to the KLIM product line after I tried on the Induction mesh jacket.

I got the Latitude jacket and pants for the g-friend and she agrees that while we went a little overboard in our spending (about $800 for the pair) it's better than skimping and finding out what that part of skimping might be left on the road or ditch in skin and other parts of our bodies.

I still have the Tourmaster Hi-Viz Intake 3.0 jacket, and Shadow 2.0 mesh pants and loved them when they were my main gear. Nothing at all wrong with them and I was very happy to own them but I knew I would be using them as starter gear until I was able to save up and get something better.

I'm planning on selling them soon and will be putting them up on the marketplace.

Ross
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Insane Poster

Garage
Here in NE Florida we only have 2-1/2 seasons. One, ("hot") happens twice:

nice (mid-November through mid-March);
hot (mid-March through mid-April, and again October through mid-November);
damned HOT (mid-April through September);

During "nice" I wear blue jeans, a tee-shirt, and a 30+ year old Hein Gericke leather jacket;

During "hot" I wear hiking shorts and a tee-shirt, and carry a 2003 Iron Horse Saloon Biketoberfest sweat shirt--just in case;

During "damned HOT" it's just hiking shorts and a tee...

-----------------------------------------
I forgot we do have what passes for Winter, 2 to 3 weeks in late January where the temperature sometimes goes down to 40° F and doesn't go over 60° F even during the day!

-cliff knight-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cliffyk; 05-26-2016 at 02:01 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 10:10 AM
Turbo Poster

I wear a Klim Tomahawk. Water proof, and can be vented for a wide range of temperatures. Spendy, but good stuff!
Bottoms, I just wear jeans but looking into some overpants for this summer to slip over shorts when it's hot out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.