Rain: I have HAD IT!!!!!! - Page 5 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
If I get court in very heavy rain for 30+minutes the water will soak my balaclava via the helmet and start to run down inside the jacket and zips on my boots will also start to seep water in (I use to use boot booty’s (rubber boot condoms) but a pain to get on), but it’s a rare occasion.
Not all helmets leak, though if they're the least bit susceptible to leaking, the airflow over the top of the OEM windscreen (at least non-Exec 650, pre-'13) will force rainwater down between the visor and the visor seal. This can be sort of fixed, or at least mitigated, by making a sort of flange hanging down from top edge of the visor cutout just below the visor seal, made from a narrow (maybe 3/8" wide) strip of duct tape folded partway over itself in a "J" shape in the short direction with some adhesive still exposed. The idea here (and I'll admit it's hard to explain in text) is to lead the water that does leak in, to drip off the duct-tape flange rather than seep around the edge of the helmet into the fabric and foam inside the helmet.

Another thing that helps is to have an anti-fog insert or very good anti-fog coating so that you don't ever have to open the visor.

Boot booties -- you mean like surplus military chemical warfare gear overboots? One trick I'd considered but never got around to, was to get a set of oversize rubber rain boots that'd fit over my riding boots, then cut away most of the sole but leaving enough at the toe to keep the boot in place, as well as cutting a slit all the way up the back. (Velcro straps added as required.) They'd be sort of "chaps" for the boots.

Not all who wander lack GPS.
Whir-chirp-chirp, purr...

Last edited by Rusty J; 08-26-2016 at 01:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Boot booties -- you mean like surplus military chemical warfare gear overboots? One trick I'd considered but never got around to, was to get a set of oversize rubber rain boots that'd fit over my riding boots, then cut away most of the sole but leaving enough at the toe to keep the boot in place, as well as cutting a slit all the way up the back. (Velcro straps added as required.) They'd be sort of "chaps" for the boots.[/QUOTE]

No more like rubber inner tubes formed into a sock

I did Google search and there's quite a few variations on this now made from wet suit (not scuba wet suit) material.

Greg

Suzuki TS185 road trail (sold) ; Suzuki GT250 custom with 350 barrels (sold) ; Suzuki GS1000e 1980 (sold) ; Honda VT750 cruiser (traded ->)
Honda Hornet 900 (sold) ; Yamaha XS850 triple (sold) ; Yamaha XT500 (sold) ; Burgman 650 2003 (stolen) ; Burgman 250 2003 (traded ->)
Suzuki Bandit 1250 (sold) ; Vespa GTS300 (traded ->) ; Yamaha Tmax (sold) ; Suzuki V-Strom 650 (sold) ; Present Burgman 650 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.