Rain: I have HAD IT!!!!!! - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
It's not seals issue. Just have to trust me (:
then what else could it possibly be...are you saying water proof material is leaking???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Jan to April
Australia> 04 KLR650 • 93 ST1100 sold • Canada > 09 Burgman Exec sold • 10 NT700v sold • 10 Wee ABS • 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS
Travel photos>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 07:23 AM
Insane Poster

True, it is almost always seals. Goretex and knockoffs are all about membrane and tape. Tape at seals can and probably will work loose in time due to flexing. In the old time rubberized suits it is usually at joints or where a rip has occurred.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

....ok....thank you.

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Poster

I'm assuming from your "Handle", the map of the states including Canada, plus the posts since you joined, that you have done quite a bit of riding, including rain soaked Alaska. I'll bet you have ridden many thousands of miles more than most of us.
Certainly, you had good rain gear while riding in Alaska? What rain gear did you wear during your thousands of miles of travels before?

Last edited by Jim; 03-22-2016 at 10:36 PM.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Wheezer View Post
I'm assuming from your "Handle", the map of the states including Canada, plus the posts since you joined, that you have done quite a bit of riding, including rain soaked Alaska. I'll bet you have ridden many thousands of miles more than most of us.
All true.

Quote:
Certainly, you had good rain gear while riding in Alaska? What rain gear did you wear during your thousands of miles of travels before?
Nope. Mostly, I just got wet (: I had a basic REI rain coat, which was effective for about 60 minutes of rain before it soaked through. For my 15,000 mile 3-nation trip, that's what I had - that and a leather bomber jacket. THAT trip (which involved riding through thousands of miles of rain, as you point out) was the inspiration to buy real rain gear. In fact - I've attached a picture of me drying out this gear in Seattle - after having ridden through 24 solid hours of rain - and then going to sleep under a tree at a rest stop on the way, without even bothering to set up a tent since I was already soaked (:

I didn't buy any REAL rain gear until I sold my house and packed up to leave. I figured I would need it down here in 2013. I bought the Kilimanjaro jacket that I long coveted, along with the River Road gear. Seemed like it worked once or twice - but worthless since.

FWIW...it is true some parts of Alaska rain a lot (Valdez, Sitka, Ketchikan, Juneau), but not so much in Anchorage. I've never lived anyplace where it rains as much as it does in Pittsburgh (:

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 03-26-2016 at 01:00 PM.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 06:36 AM

Never been a high end guy. More interested in how it works instead of how it looks. For the amount of rain I face, Frogg Toggs work great and they are well within my budget.
Tromper likes this.

Many years ago I started out with nothing; still have most of it left.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daBurgMan View Post
More interested in how it works instead of how it looks.
Amen. All I care about is fit and function.

Ended up getting the Aerostich R3 Light.

Rode from Pittsburgh to St. Louis to visit the "popup store" to get an in-person fitting. Rode down Friday night. Went to the store Saturday morning when it opened. Got fitted, picked out my options, etc. Now it is an 8 week wait. Rode back to Pittsburgh (rain for the first hour) Saturday and got home 11:30PM Saturday night. Added a new state to my "states I have been to by scooter" map/avatar (:

36 hours and 1,225 miles total. Now I just wait for suit to show up in the mail.

Thanks all for the comments.

Ag
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:55 AM
Turbo Poster

I have an expensive one piece I never wear (to hard to get on and off). I don't even remember the name. Eight years ago I purchased a set of Frogg Toggs for daily use. Even on 2-3 day rides in the rain, I have never gotten wet. For my trip to Alaska last summer, I decided to get some new rain gear. I ordered a River Road two piece. It's harder to get on than the FroggToggs (due to the netting liner that catches on your pants and coat), but even riding the last week in rain almost every day, all day, I never got wet. I think the River Road gear is warmer than the Frogg Toggs, but that's not why I put on rain gear.

Eugene
2006 Burgman AN650
Darkside rear tire
G2 Throttle Tamer
Küryakyn Flame ISO grips
Küryakyn ISO Throttle Boss
Clearview XL windshield with vent
Laminar lip
Stock seat modified by Russell
Utopia Back rest
Alaska Sheepskin seat cover
Saeng Quick Scan mirrors
Fehling Passenger backrest and luggage rack
Leather brake lever covers
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynsPrince View Post
Eight years ago I purchased a set of Frogg Toggs for daily use.
A lot of people seem to like them.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Turbo Poster

Rain in the Pac NW

Thought this seemed a timely article for this thread this link includes a video of the storms for this season sweeping over the West (emphasis on Puget sound that one of the local stations put together. Fun to watch, & really shows what we've been dealing with.
Click Here to see it (it's not a Rickroll I promise )

Cheers
Tromper

2k7 B650 "Ohanzee"
2k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo"
2k6 Gray B650XR "Grau Geist" - Gone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.