Rain: I have HAD IT!!!!!! - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Insane Poster

Really sounds like a seals issue usual around the neck. It's quite possible to stay dry with proper seals ....as someone mentioned a biy of dribble ate the neck is hard to eliminate ....but the Burgman 650 is excellent for bad weather riding.

I found my non- breathable iCon the best when the neck seals are done up correctly. My Scott all weather leaks just a tad at the neck over a long run - it's breathable and excellent systen at the wrists. I have never ever been wet inside the Scott.

Most good jackets have dual zippers ...no dual zipper ...it won't keep you dry.

Des not matter how much you spend on a rain suit - if you don't get them sealed right they will leak. If your zippers or neck seal leaks you'll be wet to the crotch in no time.

Pants are easy - boots harder. Seals at the top of the boots are critical.
I have never been wet in my Gaurne's and the breathe. Rain pants over tall boots can't leak if your boots are waterproof.

Low boots are worth a ****.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Jan to April
Australia> 04 KLR650 • 93 ST1100 sold • Canada > 09 Burgman Exec sold • 10 NT700v sold • 10 Wee ABS • 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS
Travel photos>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikDK View Post
Are you sure that it's not your own sweat condensing on the inside of the rain suit which makes you wet?
Pretty sure that I don't sweat enough on a cold day to soak my jacket and pants in 5 minutes (:

It's not seals issue. Just have to trust me (:
John Holbrook likes this.

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 02-25-2016 at 08:38 AM.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
Aerostitch is quality but if you cannot take advantage of the need for it there are plenty of others that work.
What do you mean "take advantage of it" ?

Quote:
Your First Gear and River Road items should have worked
I agree!

Quote:
and are probably guaranteed if a recent purchase.
I have had for a couple of years at this point. But they're not really used much either. The River Road stuff - you'd have no way of knowing its not brand new. The jacket is a little dirty maybe, but hardly worn. And there is NO WAY I should be getting wet with the rain jacket over the other jacket.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
I have a dedicated rain suit now (River Road Tempest). Doesn't even keep me dry for 5 minutes when it rains.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...piece-rainsuit

TOTALLY WORTHLESS!!
So try a different suit. Just because the River Road Tempest didn't work, doesn't mean ALL rain suits don't work. Jeez, such negativity.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner

Last edited by Liamjs; 02-25-2016 at 09:58 AM.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Turbo Poster

I wear my Klim Gortex jacket every ride. There motto is Gauranteed to keep you dry.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Insane Poster

What I mean is that in a dry climate like Arizona the Aerostitch product is overkill. If you ride in cold and wet conditions on a regular basis it may well be a value, especially over several years. And besides that there are quite a few Aerostitch products besides a 1 piece suit.

You can also simply buy a waterproof liner and wear under your jacket and it will keep you dry (guaranteed).

I still say that people should go to a Cycle Gear store and fit and buy one of their products, many of which are lifetime guaranteed and would certainly be guaranteed over a reasonable period if they are sold as "waterproof" and they come from the same factories as many of the much more expensive products.

I have a First Gear jacket that never leaked for years but now lets some water in......but it is 15 years old so I don't complain.

Quote:
What do you mean "take advantage of it" ?

I agree!

I have had for a couple of years at this point. But they're not really used much either. The River Road stuff - you'd have no way of knowing its not brand new. The jacket is a little dirty maybe, but hardly worn. And there is NO WAY I should be getting wet with the rain jacket over the other jacket.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Insane Poster

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Super Poster

Rain Gear and Sweat
I worked 22 years outside in Chicago. Went through many different types of rain gear. You will sweat in cold weather even with best breathable rain gear.
It was a joke with co-workers, do we wear our rain gear and end up smelling like a old sock or just get wet.
Most any rain gear will do an admirable job of keeping the rain out if your just sitting around waiting for it to pass. However, as soon as you start to exert yourself, you will be creating enough sweat vapor that builds up under that nice rain jacket making it seem like rains coming through.
Here is a great link to a bikers forum. They are having the same problems.

http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/...orm-sweat.html

Side note:
When working in sub zero temps. I would wear snowmobile boots with removable liners. Sometimes my feet would still get cold. All I had to do was slip a small plastic kitchen garbage bag over the liners and my feet never got cold. Likewise if I put the plastic bags over my foot and then put on the snowmobile boot my feet would sweat like crazy.
Even breathable rain gear cuts down on air circulation over the body, result sweat.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Pretty sure that I don't sweat enough on a cold day to soak my jacket and pants in 5 minutes (:

It's not seals issue. Just have to trust me (:

You don't need to be hot or it be hot out to sweat, if there isn't enough air circulation around you.

What rain gear did you wear when riding in Alaska? I hear it rains there a lot.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjs View Post
So try a different suit. Just because the River Road Tempest didn't work, doesn't mean ALL rain suits don't work. Jeez, such negativity.
Can you quote me where I said, "ALL rain suits don't work" ?

If I didn't think any of them worked, I wouldn't be here asking about high end rain suits (:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.