What type of helmet do you use? - Page 7 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post
Is oculist a word or did I just make that up?
No worries until they start asking you to wear robes and to sacrifice small animals.
ducati14 likes this.

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsguy View Post
I just picked up an HJC IS Max 2
Helmet got a little buzzy around some seams but not that bad considering I was leaning at 15* the whole time between fighting gusts.
bwwahahahahhaa.. yeah, think most helmets might buzz a bit with that. think my head buzzes for a while after riding in that weather for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsguy View Post
I did, however, order the chin curtain for it.
Great addition especially during the colder weather. Or when using the bluetooth microphone when attached.

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"

Photo Gallery:
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:17 AM
Super Poster

Garage
I have question for those guys wearing eyeglasses and riding in low temperatures.

How you do this?

I have my great Lazer Monaco flip-up with great pinlock. But when I'm riding in freezing temperatures, my eyeglasses become foggy! This issue happens every time I stop for 30 seconds on traffic light even if I have my chin raised up.

I used antifog spray for swim goggles but I cannot say it works like a charm. I still have fog on the edges, also this works only for 2 trips.

Does anyone have same issue? Do you have any suggestions?

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 05:51 AM

In my opinion, do not buy a helmet online. All helmets fit differently for everyone. What's good for one person, may be uncomfortable on another. If you buy online, I guarantee you will be making a return. The only time you should buy online is when you know a particular helmet fits you from trying it on at a store and you can get it much cheaper online. Another suggestion is to have at least 2 helmets. A full face or modular and a half or 3/4 for the hot weather. If you plan to use a Bluetooth you can easily install speakers and microphone in both types of helmets. In my experience, HTC helmets are the best bang for you buck. If money is no concern, buy a Shoei. They seem to be made the best and lots of safety engineering go into their production. They also fit your head like a glove if you head shape matches. Good luck and ride safe.
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 AM

My latest is a Bell RS-1 full face. I also have a Bell "Shorty" that I wear only when teaching RiderCourses. I have retired my Arai Vector and my Shoei 3/4.

2014 Burgman, black
2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio, black
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyrhei View Post
I have question for those guys wearing eyeglasses and riding in low temperatures.

How you do this?

Does anyone have same issue? Do you have any suggestions?
I use the chin vents and this usually does the truck for me although, I will still have this problem if I wear a balaclava. When I do, it is only at stops and in that case, I crack the visor open one notch and put it back down as soon as I am going again. I ride through the winter, barring ice/snow on the roads or predicted, very often below freezing.

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

Better to have scooted and got lost, than to never have scooted at all.

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Maniac View Post
I use the chin vents and this usually does the truck for me although, I will still have this problem if I wear a balaclava. When I do, it is only at stops and in that case, I crack the visor open one notch and put it back down as soon as I am going again. I ride through the winter, barring ice/snow on the roads or predicted, very often below freezing.
You could also try wearing contact lenses for your rides.

As far as helmets go the best one I've ever owned is a Schuberth C3 Pro, pricey but super light and extremely comfortable, worth every penny.

Check my fuel economy at:
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Super Poster

I've apparently gotten a bit paranoid in the last year or so and prefer the safety of my chin guard regardless of the riding situation. I can say though I love the helmet I'm not at all pleased with the chin curtain. The original split and the second I bought for cold weather (well cold for me) and started splitting after just a couple of rides. I removed it to save for that really cold day.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:24 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Appreciate your comments guys
Sometimes I've got this problem even with open face helmet. I do not wear lenses because I feel panic even thinking about touching my eyes with fingers

Also today I finally got my new helmet, hooray!
Rusty J likes this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Turbo Poster

^^^ Nice looking.
Foxyrhei likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.