LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Insane Poster

Yeah..this is why you should not "confront" people for cutting you off or other things. You never know what the **** they will do. Better to just ignore them and get away from them ASAP if you can, than to express your opinion of their activities to let them know how you feel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Insane Poster

I was wondering when this would show up here. It happened about 2 miles from my house. Not all that unusual for FL, i.e. insane drivers doing insane things. Rider ended up with a broken leg, passenger got scrapes and scratches. Driver got 2 counts of attempted homicide, leaving the scene of an accident with injuries and a couple of other charges. Driver had a number of past run ins with LEOs. Most recent were were an assault and battery charge and a hit and run coupled with driving with a suspended license. Driver is now classified as a habitual offender so his license will be terminated (but that seems to have little impact). The only way you will ensure this guy doesn't drive is incarceration. Couple of weeks ago I was on jury duty. Case that I heard involved a driver with a terminated license driving his mother's car.

Ride safe folks, it's a jungle out there.
E.D. likes this.

Ridin' the IceBurg - 10% transportation, 90% fun!
90K and counting.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatman128 View Post
The only way you will ensure this guy doesn't drive is incarceration.
Execution also works.
gec343, E.D., daBurgMan and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Super Poster

It's all too common....

What the F#$% was this guy doing living among human beings ??

With a record like that, why wasn't he sharing a bunk with his cell mate?

Perhaps he fell into that newly protected category recently championed by our new breed of fearless leaders... from the Whitehouse on down to my corrupt City Hall, here in wonderful (was once!) New York City.

You know... it's never their fault, because YOU apparently did something socially wrong ( like going to work every day, obeying the law, serving your country, and paying your taxes ) to force him to behave that way !

NOW... you're going to have to pay for his rehab back into society.

give me a break !!!
gec343 and John Holbrook like this.

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Insane Poster

Well, when we are supposed to call criminals, "justice-involved individuals", what do you expect?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Turbo Poster

I fear despite the occasional desire to demonstrate my angst at cagers it's something I do my best to resist.
In the final analysis there are some truisms all riders have to consider.

- Yes. They are as dumb as they look.
- Yes. Some are out to actively injure you.
- They out mass you by an enormous factor, & have a metal cage to protect them.
- Even if you're in the right, you're still the one in the hospital or the morgue.

I'll drive around & some of them, but if they get the least bit aggressive I'll back off and cede them the road.
Sometimes it hurts to swallow the angst, but it hurts a lot more to be in the ER.

Keep the shiny side up folks.
cheap0, gec343 and John Holbrook like this.

2k7 B650 "Ohanzee"
2k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo"
2k6 Gray B650XR "Grau Geist" - Gone
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Insane Poster

As an armed person, I feel it is my responsibility to avoid confrontation to the greatest extent possible, and I do so whenever I can.

However, I also understand that I bear primary responsibility for ensuring I exit any such confrontation under favourable circumstances, and I am fully prepared to do so.
E.D., daBurgMan and Doc Wheezer like this.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
As an armed person, I feel it is my responsibility to avoid confrontation to the greatest extent possible, and I do so whenever I can.

However, I also understand that I bear primary responsibility for ensuring I exit any such confrontation under favourable circumstances, and I am fully prepared to do so.
Oh great... now we're going to turn one idiot into two. Did you watch the video? There was less than 1 second from when the cager hit the gas until he hit the bike and it started to fall over.... before being run over.
Do you really think that if the rider was armed he could have done anything at all about the situation in that period of time? Or maybe you're suggesting he should have just opened fire first.... to prevent the cager from being able to move the vehicle.
Honestly, I've seen some dumb comments but yours' tops them all. Far better, as others have noted, to shut your mouth and disengage from the idiot without damage.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Turbo Poster

I recently read in a book on motorcycling (in the section on road rage) how most people would not be inclined to threaten someone with a weapon like a knife or gun, but that same person may have no problem with swerving their car or otherwise threatening someone with a vehicle "Just to teach him a lesson". And yet, the book continued, even a slow moving vehicle can do as much damage as a fast moving bullet, and it requires no background check or waiting period. There needs to be a strong public awareness campaign on this like there is with DUI, distracted driving and domestic violence, coupled with stiff penalties to let the public know in no uncertain terms that this will not be tolerated. Once we make examples of these people, hopefully some, perhaps not the hardcore idiots, but maybe the average citizen who just wants to give a little swerve to scare a biker (or even just their ex) not expecting it to escalate, may think twice about such an action.
Steve_YYZ and currrl1 like this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.