Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

road rage

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  AlaskaGuy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I was wondering when this would show up here. It happened about 2 miles from my house. Not all that unusual for FL, i.e. insane drivers doing insane things. Rider ended up with a broken leg, passenger got scrapes and scratches. Driver got 2 counts of attempted homicide, leaving the scene of an accident with injuries and a couple of other charges. Driver had a number of past run ins with LEOs. Most recent were were an assault and battery charge and a hit and run coupled with driving with a suspended license. Driver is now classified as a habitual offender so his license will be terminated (but that seems to have little impact). The only way you will ensure this guy doesn't drive is incarceration. Couple of weeks ago I was on jury duty. Case that I heard involved a driver with a terminated license driving his mother's car.

Ride safe folks, it's a jungle out there.

Reactions: E.D.
#5 ·
It's all too common....

What the F#$% was this guy doing living among human beings ??

With a record like that, why wasn't he sharing a bunk with his cell mate?

Perhaps he fell into that newly protected category recently championed by our new breed of fearless leaders... from the Whitehouse on down to my corrupt City Hall, here in wonderful (was once!) New York City.

You know... it's never their fault, because YOU apparently did something socially wrong ( like going to work every day, obeying the law, serving your country, and paying your taxes ) to force him to behave that way !

NOW... you're going to have to pay for his rehab back into society.

give me a break !!!

#7 ·
I fear despite the occasional desire to demonstrate my angst at cagers it's something I do my best to resist.
In the final analysis there are some truisms all riders have to consider.

- Yes. They are as dumb as they look.
- Yes. Some are out to actively injure you.
- They out mass you by an enormous factor, & have a metal cage to protect them.
- Even if you're in the right, you're still the one in the hospital or the morgue.

I'll drive around & some of them, but if they get the least bit aggressive I'll back off and cede them the road.
Sometimes it hurts to swallow the angst, but it hurts a lot more to be in the ER.

Keep the shiny side up folks.

#9 ·
Oh great... now we're going to turn one idiot into two. Did you watch the video? There was less than 1 second from when the cager hit the gas until he hit the bike and it started to fall over.... before being run over.
Do you really think that if the rider was armed he could have done anything at all about the situation in that period of time? Or maybe you're suggesting he should have just opened fire first.... to prevent the cager from being able to move the vehicle.
Honestly, I've seen some dumb comments but yours' tops them all. Far better, as others have noted, to shut your mouth and disengage from the idiot without damage.

#10 ·
I recently read in a book on motorcycling (in the section on road rage) how most people would not be inclined to threaten someone with a weapon like a knife or gun, but that same person may have no problem with swerving their car or otherwise threatening someone with a vehicle "Just to teach him a lesson". And yet, the book continued, even a slow moving vehicle can do as much damage as a fast moving bullet, and it requires no background check or waiting period. There needs to be a strong public awareness campaign on this like there is with DUI, distracted driving and domestic violence, coupled with stiff penalties to let the public know in no uncertain terms that this will not be tolerated. Once we make examples of these people, hopefully some, perhaps not the hardcore idiots, but maybe the average citizen who just wants to give a little swerve to scare a biker (or even just their ex) not expecting it to escalate, may think twice about such an action.

#14 ·
Well said Bill...

Unfortunately "Public Awareness" has other priorities, and the people who should be governing and legislating the way are too busy with their re-elections, their non-profits (snicker... snicker) and their bottom lines.

I guess that leaves us with our Butts a bit exposed.
But as you and others have so wisely pointed out....Walk away and ride another day... the alternative is unacceptable !

#20 ·
"I can see how you would come to that conclusion......."
I'm not actually sure you can. You see to many of us in the world we couldn't even imagine having to feel you must be "armed" in order to go out and enjoy a ride. That you felt in necessary to introduce the "armed" factor into this thread (which you conveniently never explained why) lets others come to their own conclusions. Perhaps it's simply the difference in living in a non-gun lovers country where people (for the majority) don't feel the need to be armed, at all times vs living in a country that to all outside observers is completely nuts with gun violence, mass shootings, etc to the point that we all view as insanity. Our gun laws keep us safe, or at least to the point that other than the punk gang-bangers who smuggle weapons in from the US, the average citizen has no use for guns or the need to be armed.
So you can call it Cultural Perception as much as anything else.

#21 ·
You know, I have not said a word about guns in this thread....

Nevertheless, you seem to equate owning or using something with "loving" it. Do you own a shovel? Do you love it?

As for the need to be armed, I explained why perfectly well. You either chose to ignore the explanation, or simply don't understand it. Neither is my problem (;

#22 ·
You know, I have not said a word about guns in this thread....
ROTFLMAO!!!!!
As an armed person,
Gee, besides the two stock human "arms" with standard wrists, hands and 5-fingers, what could you possibly be meaning when you say you're "armed"? 99.999% of people would likely determine that when someone prefaces their remarks by saying they're armed, they mean a gun.

#23 ·
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Gee, besides the two stock human "arms" with standard wrists, hands and 5-fingers, what could you possibly be meaning when you say you're "armed"? 99.999% of people would likely determine that when someone prefaces their remarks by saying they're armed, they mean a gun.
Well, first of all, I am armed with a brain....which is more than can be said for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.