road rage - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 38Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Super Poster

Here more info on the incident including an interview with the bike rider (video) as well.

http://speedandengines.com/2016/06/0...sh-calderazzo/
John Holbrook likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Turbo Poster

Lets hope this guy shares a prison cell with a big biker...
Tromper and John Holbrook like this.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_YYZ View Post
Oh great... now we're going to turn one idiot into two. Did you watch the video? There was less than 1 second from when the cager hit the gas until he hit the bike and it started to fall over.... before being run over.
Do you really think that if the rider was armed he could have done anything at all about the situation in that period of time? Or maybe you're suggesting he should have just opened fire first.... to prevent the cager from being able to move the vehicle.
Honestly, I've seen some dumb comments but yours' tops them all. Far better, as others have noted, to shut your mouth and disengage from the idiot without damage.
Jezuz...talk about reading comprehension issues. Look at the first thing I said:

Quote:
I feel it is my responsibility to avoid confrontation to the greatest extent possible, and I do so whenever I can.
So, guess what? That means that I WOULD NOT just pull up right next to a vehicle that had previously tried to run me off the road and engage in a conversation with him. It also means that I WOULD NOT position my bike in a fashion that would allow him to run me over.

It DOES NOT mean I would pull up next to him and start blasting away.

Honestly dude, try to pay attention.
John Holbrook, E.D. and BurgyBill like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgyBill View Post
I recently read in a book on motorcycling (in the section on road rage) how most people would not be inclined to threaten someone with a weapon like a knife or gun, but that same person may have no problem with swerving their car or otherwise threatening someone with a vehicle "Just to teach him a lesson". And yet, the book continued, even a slow moving vehicle can do as much damage as a fast moving bullet, and it requires no background check or waiting period. There needs to be a strong public awareness campaign on this like there is with DUI, distracted driving and domestic violence, coupled with stiff penalties to let the public know in no uncertain terms that this will not be tolerated. Once we make examples of these people, hopefully some, perhaps not the hardcore idiots, but maybe the average citizen who just wants to give a little swerve to scare a biker (or even just their ex) not expecting it to escalate, may think twice about such an action.

Well said Bill...

Unfortunately "Public Awareness" has other priorities, and the people who should be governing and legislating the way are too busy with their re-elections, their non-profits (snicker... snicker) and their bottom lines.

I guess that leaves us with our Butts a bit exposed.
But as you and others have so wisely pointed out....Walk away and ride another day... the alternative is unacceptable !
gec343 and BurgyBill like this.

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
As an armed person, I feel it is my responsibility to avoid confrontation to the greatest extent possible, and I do so whenever I can.

However, I also understand that I bear primary responsibility for ensuring I exit any such confrontation under favourable circumstances, and I am fully prepared to do so.
As a armed rider myself, I totally agree with your above post.
An automobile can be used as a deadly weapon, same as a firearm.
E.D. and daBurgMan like this.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 05:56 AM

Always remember that the nutter you want to yell at out on the road is someone who is not part of your life, you do not want him or her to become part of your life. Best let them get on with their day, and you get on with yours. They are not important enough to get angry at. Harry
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgisKing View Post
Always remember that the nutter you want to yell at out on the road is someone who is not part of your life, you do not want him or her to become part of your life. Best let them get on with their day, and you get on with yours. They are not important enough to get angry at. Harry
Agreed (;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 07:52 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
Jezuz...talk about reading comprehension issues. Look at the first thing I said:
I did..... and you wrote......
Quote:
As an armed person......
And of course the last thing you wrote.....
Quote:
and I am fully prepared to do so.

Perhaps a writing literacy 101 course would allow you to write in a manner that doesn't leave the wrong impression..... because what you wrote clearly says you're armed... and are prepared to use it. You introduced guns into the thread.....why? Clearly because you are in the camp of gun lovers who think a shootout must be the answer.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_YYZ View Post
I did..... and you wrote......

And of course the last thing you wrote.....
Yeah, in other words, you ignored everything in between.

Quote:
because what you wrote clearly says you're armed... and are prepared to use it.
I sure did.

I ALSO said I will try to avoid a confrontation if at all possible. You conveniently ignored that part.

Quote:
Clearly because you are in the camp of gun lovers who think a shootout must be the answer.
Yeah, that must be it. If someone has serious reading comprehension issues, or a willful desire to simply ignore what someone plainly stated, I can see how you would come to that conclusion, rather than the point, which was AVOIDING CONFRONTATION, not blasting away at people.
John Holbrook, E.D. and BurgyBill like this.

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 06-02-2016 at 08:30 AM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
"I can see how you would come to that conclusion......."
I'm not actually sure you can. You see to many of us in the world we couldn't even imagine having to feel you must be "armed" in order to go out and enjoy a ride. That you felt in necessary to introduce the "armed" factor into this thread (which you conveniently never explained why) lets others come to their own conclusions. Perhaps it's simply the difference in living in a non-gun lovers country where people (for the majority) don't feel the need to be armed, at all times vs living in a country that to all outside observers is completely nuts with gun violence, mass shootings, etc to the point that we all view as insanity. Our gun laws keep us safe, or at least to the point that other than the punk gang-bangers who smuggle weapons in from the US, the average citizen has no use for guns or the need to be armed.
So you can call it Cultural Perception as much as anything else.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.