Burgman-Majesty comparison - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burgman-Majesty comparison

I was wondering how the 07 or 08 Suzuki Burgman 400 compares with the Yamaha Majesty 400? Does anyone have a friend that owns a Majesty and possibly had the opportunity to trade off rides? Just wondering what differences there would be between two.
zero260 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Poster

Default Re: Burgman-Majesty comparison

I did not buy Majesty because------they had fuel pump (I believe) trouble (recall) and lots of labor involved to get at.

Yamaha makes no attempt to push it here---In Japan Majesty 250 seems to be market leader with Honda and Suzuki way behind. They have 35 page accessory book.

Each brand has its own problems---to me dealer is more important than brand I buy. I have had over 75 new bikes. Bad dealer can be bad experience. Bottom line: all Japanese brands are good, as is Daelim from Korea or Kymco from Taiwan.

I prefer Honda because of better parts service. I bought K8 2008 Burgman--6,000 miles since April, no trouble, not so refined as Honda in Drive Line Dept, plenty fast, hard to work on, no ABS, etc.

John Grinsel
john grinsel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Garage

The Burgman is Much Bigger then the Majesty and the Burgman has a Bigger More Powerful engine
and the thing that i did not like about it is that the Plastic is to thin, All thoe with Suzuki Much Better Thicker Grade in Plastics.

Polini Variator|Polini Clutch |Polini ClutchBell|Yoshimura exhaust |K&N Oil - Custom.K&N Air|NologyHotWires |PowerCommander 3
GIVI AF266|AC 400W|JVC CD Radio|3BBR|Stebel TM80|10WLuxeon Rebel Leds||Sean Polacik Speedo|HID|INNOVA VM|MotoBatt 20W/Michelin P Pure SC
Elliott Larron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Larron
The Burgman is Much Bigger then the Majesty
Although the burgmans actually has a lower seat height by a couple inches I believe (which was a big plus for me, I might be relatively tall, 5'11, I didn't want to have to stretch my legs all the way out everytime I stopped) When I sat on the Majesty, I just didn't feel comfortable with how my legs were positioned.
Halfabusa Stickers

I think, therefor I am... I think
TheDarkCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Garage

Yeah! becuze the Majesty is a Compact Bike it was not designed for comfort.

Polini Variator|Polini Clutch |Polini ClutchBell|Yoshimura exhaust |K&N Oil - Custom.K&N Air|NologyHotWires |PowerCommander 3
GIVI AF266|AC 400W|JVC CD Radio|3BBR|Stebel TM80|10WLuxeon Rebel Leds||Sean Polacik Speedo|HID|INNOVA VM|MotoBatt 20W/Michelin P Pure SC
Old 07-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Read the posts here and then go over to MajestyUSA.com forums, ask the same question, and read their opinion. See why they prefer the Majesty.

I think either would be a great bike and it's more a matter of which you like and just "feels right" to you.
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."
billmeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmeek
I think either would be a great bike and it's more a matter of which you like and just "feels right" to you.
Good way of putting it, I sat on a 650, I then sat on a Majesty. Didn't really like how the Majesty sat, Kinda liked the 650, but thought it was to big and bulky for me to start out on. Put in a call on here for anyone local with a 400 and found someone that let me come over to his house and sit on it and ask questions... and fell in love. I went back and sat back on the Majesty, and was convinced the 400 was for me (and tried explaining that to salesman who said "we don't have any burgman 400's, but I got a Majesty I can cut you a better deal on!")

Quick things to note that I know of that benifit the Burgman more than the Majesty

1) More storage (BIG plus for me)
2) Better Milage (another plus for me)
3) Lower seat height (good for me for how I wanted to sit)
4) I think it just looked sexier (opinion from me )

Now as bill said, I'm sure the guys on the Majesty board can chime in on some things that benifit the Majesty... I just don't know of them off the top of my head. With saying that, after doing some researching before I purched mine, if these question was raised in 2006, it would of been a different story with Majesty probably winning, but with the redesigned 07+ I think (personally) the Burgman is better
Halfabusa Stickers

I think, therefor I am... I think
TheDarkCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Larron
The Burgman is Much Bigger then the Majesty and the Burgman has a Bigger More Powerful engine
and the thing that i did not like about it is that the Plastic is to thin, All thoe with Suzuki Much Better Thicker Grade in Plastics.
Not sure how you say it is a more powerful engine, the specs are the same with the new model Burgman and the Majesty. The Majesty has 34 hp and 26 ftlbs of torque. Also, the Majesty is set up for the highway where the Burgman runs at a very high rpm level. The Majesty I had was very, very smooth. That is something it seems Yamaha is good at. And the Burgman isn't much bigger either. If you look at the specs you will see they are almost clones. So you should not steer people wrongly with inaccurate information. The person is wondering about the differences and is asking for help. The new Burgman is more of a clone of the Majesty. There is only a 5cc's difference in the size of engines but with the same hp and torque.

There was also one or two recalls but Yamaha stands behind their product. Unlike what Suzuki has done with the 400. If you look at the posts on this site you will see many, many posts, and they are quite long in the number of pages, about the clutch problem. I had no problem whatsoever with the Majesty but it is nice to know that the company stands behind their product. If you remember a member here, I think Meadeball, had to use the lemon law because of all the trouble he had with Suzuki. You don't get that with Yamaha. I would rather have a bike that runs good than to spend thousands of dollars and have a company do nothing for over a year. That is why so many Burgman riders are buying aftermarket products to repair what Suzuki should have recalled from the get go.

Ride safe,

JeffR
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Garage

Yeah! Suzuki is gonna be left behind if this dont get Better, I remember the Majesty had a 389cc So i guess Yamaha finaly upgraded it to a full 400cc..

i here ya brother i have just about replaced the entire Transmission so far..

Old 07-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Poster

Elliot,

The Majesty has always been a 395cc engine. I'm not sure why so many think it was a 400cc. I hope you solved your problem with your clutch and it's too bad Suzuki doesn't send you a check for your trouble and parts.

Ride safe,

JeffR
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.