Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Turn signal flasher, how to get to it

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeff_d 
#1 ·
I need to change out the flasher in my 2011. I think I know where it is, but how on earth do you remove it? I installed LED's all around and now I have the fast flash... Driving me nuts...lol

Thanks!

Shawn

#3 ·
I did the same thing and according to Freedom Cycles of Grandview, Missouri, swapping the relay out won't help. They told me to install a resister kit on each of the rear turn signals and that will fix the fast flashing issue. The kit can be bought through any auto parts store or motorcycle shop and is only $15.00 US. I think one kit comes with a resister for both sides and it's a plug and play set up. Hope that helps.

#4 ·
I installed leds last summer on my 2012 400. Bought a new relay off ebay and swapped it with the oem. It solved the issue you're having and I did not need to buy a resistor kit.

Here's what I bought. Even though it says it's for a boulevard, they fit the burg.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121516544395

To get to it, pull the trim under the gauges (the piece that has the S logo), and it's on the left side. It's the cube next to the one that says fuses. Pull out. There's a clip on one side you may need a small screwdriver to pop loose. Put new one in. So much easier than resistors.

The shop above probably thought of just replacing the oem flasher with another stock flasher. True, that won't help.

Only thing I see different on it now is the green arrows on the gauges don't really turn off when the turn signal is on. They kinda go from a bright green to a dim green then back to bright. But the actual turn signals function properly (on and off, not dim).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.