Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Only a scooter rider....

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  DaveyP 
#1 ·
would think this was a nice riding day on Feb 12, in Ohio.
Intermittent showers. 43 degrees and wind.
Stig
Me and the Tesla....

See less See more
#4 ·
Always cover the lic plate when posting, lots of crazy out there!
Never really understood this.

Everywhere you ride, people can see your plate. What difference does it make if people can see it online?

If anything, crazy people interested in expressing their craziness on you are far more likely to be the ones you encounter in the physical world, and they can see your plate just fine.

#6 · (Edited)
I'm glad that you had a nice ride Stig, but it's way too cool for me!
Cheers!

#8 ·
Does all that road salt create a lot of problems for you northern riders? Here in Florida, If I pull the tupperware off my scoot I can see some rust spots on it. It looks like the gray paint on the frame is very thin, and I try to touch it up when I can.

#12 ·
Much of the salt used during the winter comes from the Cleveland area. I too wish that there was a suitable alternative that was environmentally safe and still capable of helping make our streets driveable. I typically wait until we have substantial rain to help wash the remaining salt off the rods before riding in the spring.

#14 ·
Stig: I see that your roads look wet most of the time. doesn't that make you nervous about going out on the scooter? And what about braking downhill on wet, greasy roads.

I'm a fraidy cat, and that is how I became an old rider that has never ridden on wet roads. That is easy to do here where it seldom rains, and when it does I take the car.

Reactions: ducati14
#17 ·
Stig: I see that your roads look wet most of the time. doesn't that make you nervous about going out on the scooter? And what about braking downhill on wet, greasy roads.
Are you joking?

It seems like I ride almost exclusively in rain. If I didn't ride in the rain, I wouldn't ride much at all.

As for braking - slow down, brake properly. Which, people should do even when it is not raining.

#21 · (Edited)
As a rule I do not take out the expensive Burgman on salty roads....but rinse it good afterwards if I have done so.
This wet ride, like most, is only after rains have rinsed the salt off of the roads.
Rain riding is not a big issue with me ...it is the gravel in corners that get most of my riding attention. (of course I watch for wet leaves in the fall - and slow well before the curves)
I have confidence in the ABS of the Burgman on wet & dry surfaces. Straight line stopping is very good.
Just before taking these snaps I turned at a very gravelly intersection - and did so at a near walking speed....because even ABS has issues with gravel.

A riding friend dropped his Honda motorcycle 15 mins into his ride yesterday on a graveled corner at 15 mph. Thank goodness for the sliders. Only about $35 damages.
Stig

#22 ·
Salty roads.

Hi from across the pond, we have the same problem over here my 650 is being ruined by the stuff even after washing and I've only ridden it 4 or 5 times this winter:crying white fur on most of the alloy including the so called powder coated wheels rust on the stands and any metal parts. Ah well out with the alloy polish paint brush and a trip to the powder coaters should see it back to beautiful.:grin
P.S. Suzuki should really do something about their finish quality.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.