anyone watch my tutorial videos? - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 10:04 PM

Mitch, I have a factory service manual but rely on and prefer your videos. Greatly appreciated.
micbergsma likes this.

JP

1995 Honda Elite - Sold
2003 Honda Reflex - Sold
2012 Suzuki Burgman AN400A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 10:09 PM

Mitch,
Your tutorial videos are a major reason on why I purchased a Burgman 400! I started watching your videos because I found them to be very helpful even before I purchased a Burgman. Videos on Dr Pully sliders and working on CVT's translated nicely when doing maintenance on my Buddy Blackjack. When I was looking to get another scooter, there was only one that came with a whole library of tutorials for maintenance and upgrades! (And I am in danger now of your videos convincing me that a DJI Phantom and GoPro would be great fun to own as well!)

Along the way, it's been fun to see the growth evident in the film work and expertise across your videos. If you do end up shooting new how-to videos, I'm glad to hear you will be leaving the old one's up. Although you are now shooting with more professional equipment, the old videos still retain the talent you have in visually presenting the job in a clear step-by-step manner.

If you will be shooting new videos, my one request would be one on valve adjustment. The ones on inspecting the valves was great but there was no Part III!! What happens if my valves ever need adjustment? I have done screw and lock nut valves but never bucket and shim

Keep up the good work!
micbergsma likes this.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Super Poster

Send a message via AIM to G-Bo Send a message via Yahoo to G-Bo
Hey Mitch,

I vote for new videos....only because you offered. Your current videos are spot on and IMO, get the job done. If you want to re-do them, I say go for it!

Your videos were on speed dial for me when I/wife owned our 400. I send fellow 400 riders your links because they are so good, thorough, and well done.

If you and LeDude ever do a mash up, we are in fix-it heaven.

-Glenn
micbergsma and sirkitrider-2 like this.

2016 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive "Black Stallion"
Bestem Trunk/Clearview Windshield/GearsCanada Heated Jacket and Gloves/RamMount GPS/RamMount Cup holder/BestBackRest/BatteryTender

"I've never seen a two-wheeler parked outside a psychiatrist's office..."

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 06:51 AM

Hey! For something as seemingly simple as installing new Kuryakn grips, your video helped me game plan better (since we are messing around with glue!) and pointed out a few tips. Always appreciated sir!
micbergsma likes this.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 07:26 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Hey @micbergsma !
Thanks for your videos, they are truly really helpful. I'm not sure if you checked video stats, but they have huge amount I=of views worldwide. What I've seen is that Italian burgman400.it and Russian communities are watching them a lot.

Your old videos are great, but if you will decide to record new ones, think about possibility of adding subtitles on other languages. If you want to, I can help you with Russian. In that case your videos will be popular even more across worldwide Burgman and skywave communities
micbergsma likes this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 AM

Garage
Thanks!

Mitch, your Burgman how-to videos have been enormously helpful to me on numerous occasions. Thanks so much for videoing/editing/posting them!

Richard
2011 white AN400, 8K miles.
Stock - except Throttle Rocker, GO Cruise, and Bestem TBOX-929-LED topcase.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:44 AM

Mitch your videos are my goto way of learning how to work on my AN400
if you want to do more videos that wold be terrific and i would without doubt watch
Peace
Steve
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by micbergsma View Post
Hey guys, I'm wondering how many of you watch my burgman videos on my youtube...

I have a lot burgman tutorial videos on youtube.com/micbergsma and then I made a new channel youtube.com/mitchsscooterstuff "Mitch's Scooter Stuff"
I watch the vids.. and didn't know about your other channel.. thanks. will catch up with you there as well.
micbergsma likes this.

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Super Poster

I was there and ...

Man, when you watched the guy drive away on your Vespa, I was experiencing the pain myself.

I can't thank you enough for the "closed captioning" subtitles. My $1500 hearing hearing aid is a fifteen hundred dollar piece of junk.

Loved the bike wash in the Texas sunshine and the way a young body can bend, squat and move around without kinking up.

I always appreciate the tips.

The banner featuring the scooters lined up across the top of the new page sure works for me. As they say, WYSIWYG.

micbergsma likes this.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_J View Post
Mitch, I don't even have a 400 and I have watched some of your vid's. Getting owned by that goose is one of the funnest I have seen.
Same here. I watch all sorts of different repair videos regardless of model. I'm after the preparation advice, tool usage as well as general technical tid-bits. For instance, I watched a 4 piston Nissin caliper rebuild video yesterday to refresh myself for the upcoming work on the 650. As it turns out, I had completely forgotten that you can put the pressure seals in BACKWARDS, which is not a good idea. Keep on Burging, Mitch!
micbergsma likes this.

The Motomaster-Fram-WD40-Slime experiment continues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.