1st venture w/Burgman & Slider install - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By stig

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

1st venture w/Burgman & Slider install

After 5 hours I finished my first experience with my NOS 2013 Burgman 400's CVT.....cleaning, deglazing & installing an 18g set of Dr P. sliders and pieces. 10 mos & 4,200 miles

The cheap 12V Harbor Freight impact gun did remove the 2 nuts w/no issues - using only a spare 12V scooter battery!

Although I've faithfully cleaned the fan filter -there was a lot of sand/dirt and corrosion on the front end of the metal CVT cover - so I scrubbed and buffed it and painted with black high-temp paint.

The roller carrier had a tablespoon of fine black stuff....the dirty rollers were not flat spotted.

The pulleys had a fine groove low down. I cleaned them but did not disturb the surface.

Cleaning and painting took an hour or two - working with my new torque wrench took time. I made story marks on the nuts just in case.

Ran the engine before buttoning everything back up - & sure enough, the belt was pinched and the front nut came loose in seconds.
Oh yes, the new "not $5" O-ring worked great - perfect fit! (from the O-Ring Store)
Will take it for a first ride tomorrow, sunrise.

5 hours later....all buttoned up. Glad I bought a bag of those push/clip/rivets!

Stig
Mike33 likes this.

Last edited by stig; 05-24-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM
Insane Poster

Sweet! Buy why paint the CVT cover?

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 PM

Garage
He said he had a bit of corrosion on the front of the cover. I actually did the exact same procedure to my NOS '13 400 this weekend.... albeit with almost 12 months and nearly 13,000 miles on mine. I had significantly more dust and definite flat spotting of my rollers. You're going to be happy on that first ride with sliders. I just put the 18g in mine and I couldn't be happier. In addition to the increased top-end and decreased RPMs, I have also noticed a definite Improvement in fuel mileage.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 02:25 AM
Insane Poster

Good going Stig, looks like you have done a good job. I will be looking forward to hear how she does. I'm sure you're going to like it a lot.
Just for future reference, when tighening the variator nut, I keep squeezing the belt together between the pulleys, then pushing the slack in the belt belt towards the front, as I slowly tighten the nut. Once done, I fire it up and watch it run, then shut it down and recheck the torque on the nuts.

Last edited by E.D.; 05-25-2016 at 02:31 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 03:13 AM
Super Poster

Garage
@stig , @E.D. - did you modified plate (edges) or any other part of CVT before installing Dr. Pulley SR's? Also do you have stock or aftermarket CVT?

I will receive 16g Pulley's in a few days and really curious about their installation instruction on latest models (I'll be installing on L5 and it should be the same as for L3)

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Turbo Poster

Good report.

My 2011 at 22000 miles had significant Roller Flat Spots.

I went to 19GM Sliders.

All that - changing effort and performance report (RPM VS MPH) are topics I put on this site sometime ago. Many pictures with the topics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.