Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

400 Recall

17K views 120 replies 40 participants last post by  westnash 
#1 ·
There is a thread in General Discussion but has any 400 owner found out more on the recall on these machines? Looks fairly major.

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Where, exactly, is this part located on the scooter? Is it in the same general location as the 650? I'd like to take a look at mine. There are few places in the US with higher humidity than FL and, after 70K+ miles, if there is a potential issue I'd like to know sooner than later

I'm pretty sure I do not have problems in this area but I'd like to check.

#12 ·
I would guess that the 07 400 isn't part of the recall because the part was manufactured by a different vendor. That and problems in manufacturing after a date or vin# effects recalls. Happens all the time with recalls on vehicles or tractors like where I work.

#17 ·
Hi All, I had sent an email last week to Action Motorcycles re the recall. They phoned me today and said that they had the parts in and I could phone and schedule the repair to be anytime. I am booked to drop the scooter off next Thursday before I start work and will pick it up on the Saturday upon finishing work at lunchtime. It will not cost me anything except the gas to get there and back and the bus fares as I do not have anyone to pick me up. Sally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.