Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Isuzu Headrest

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  rmengel 
#1 ·
I see people use the Isuzu headrest and I wonder why ?

#2 · (Edited)
The headrest bars are exactly the same width apart as the buttrest bars on the 650. So just get an Isuzu headrest, bend the bars 90 degrees and you've got a cheap and easy back rest for the 650.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
No, the 400 and 650 have different width bars. But there are many different backrest options or butt rest extenders.

#10 ·
You can order one from Member Bearcat on here. He makes both 400 and 650's and SHIPPED for like $65. Send him an email at gb-cat@hotmail.com

This headrest is from a Honda Pilot and Isuzu Rodeo so you can get one in leather too.

#12 ·
I ordered one for my 07 400 from bearcat. Worked great that's why I got one for my 650 from him after I sold the 400

#18 ·
Doc I have had a few bikes and know that a backrest is a most. The one on the bike is OK but to low for me. I have a Honda Helix with a utopia backrest and it's perfect. With my back I need a rest. So with all that Doc I'm looking for more height in a rest on my 400. Thanks Rick

#19 · (Edited)
Doc I have had a few bikes and know that a backrest is a must. The one on the bike is OK, but to low for me. I have a Honda Helix with a utopia backrest and it's perfect. With my back I need a rest. So with all that Doc I'm looking for more height in a rest on my 400. Thanks Rick
Mr Rat, I've been in touch with him and he said his have no adjustment so but they are great if you're 5-11. I'm 5-6 so back to the drawing board

I'm going to try and clarify (I hope) what you are looking for.
You are looking for a higher backrest to support the middle of your back that will fit your 2011 Burgman 400.
I'm guessing, because of your statement above about being 5'6" that you don't need or want to be sitting further back and having to stretch in order to reach the controls?
If this is what you want, I hope someone can help.
Safe Riding
Doc

check this link out http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Marvroom/JacVinsonBackrest/

It looks like the buttrest remains fully adjustable forward and back and still supports your upper back.

#25 ·
Toe, make the picture about 1000x750 pixels and then using the "Go Advanced" and not "Quick Reply", there will be a Paper Clip in the grey box above by the "Smiley". Click on it and it opens up another window where you can browse your computer to find the picture and "UPLOAD" it. The close that window and come back to the topic and put the cursor where you want the picture and reclick the Paper Clip and click on your picture name. Like this:

Text Blue Font Line Screenshot

Text Blue Line Font Screenshot

Reactions: sirkitrider-2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.