Tucano Urbano Termoscud for Burgman 400 2006+ owners review - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Thumbs up Tucano Urbano Termoscud for Burgman 400 2006+ owners review

I've posted this in "Member reviews of aftermarket products" section, but want to duplicate it here for discussion.

This is my review originally posted for russian-speaking community, so I translated it and want to post here to share with all BUSA members.

Apologize for mistakes, as my English probably not so good Feel free to correct me. Also just a note: I'm living in Moldova, which is small country located between Ukraine and Romania (Dracula land!) in Western Europe. Winters are soft here, with average temperature around -2 Celsius

The solution for scooter owners when you want to ride, but balls getting frozen.

Watching in February Italian scooter drivers, riding with all sort of kind leg covers, I've decided to order also one for me. I've choose Italian manufacturer Tucano Urbano, which has many different leg cover models that are optimized for specific models of scooters and even motorcycles. There is also a leg cover for the passengers, which are sold separately, and attaching to the basic capes pilot. For Burgman 400 models 2006 and younger suitable model is R159.

The store has kindly provided a discount of 12 euros, so I paid 107 euros for termoscud total. It comes in a nice bag which includes following:
1) The cat
2) Termoscud itself
3) Instructions in several languages ​​with pictures
4) Keychain
5) Transparent stickers

Termoscud material is very, very high quality and all product is rock-solid, looks 5 out 5. And here is what the manufacture says:

The original leg cover with PATENTED ANTI-FLAP INFLATABLE SYSTEM (S.G.A.S.): the inflatable chambers on the sides of the cover prevent flapping at high speed.
- Three-layer construction to ensure thermal protection and waterproofing:
- Waterproof heavy Polyamide outer shell and taped seams
- Fully waterproof inner membrane
- Lined interior for extra warmth
- S.G.A.S. anti-flap inflatable system
- Anti-theft system (metal ring) available for models not requiring screw fixing
- Large storage pocket
- Built-in saddle cover
- Reflective edging

So, in my case, I needed a termoscud, instruction, Phillips screwdriver, Burgman 400 L5, two cigarettes and 30 minutes of time. The top part of the termoscud put on the screws of the bike near the glove compartments

Two belts with plastic carbines attaches to the bike plastic near the radiator. You can apply transparent stickers under the straps to reduce paint scratching.

That's the top belt. The belt does not reach the frame, so when I carefully read the instructions I realized that carbine attaches to plastic as well.

And this is the bottom straps under the bike

Once attached all belts should be gently tightened

Thereafter you need to inflate mouth inflated side compartments and voila - you are lovely!

Termoscud keeps quite OK, even by vibration carbines does not fly off or tries to tear.

And a little bit about small features.
Termoscud have another straps, which you need to sit on, if ride at high speed. They also protect termoscud from wind buffering.

There is also a strap that jumps on the shoulders helping termoscud to rise, closing the rider's chest. Don't be afraid, strap is on velcro, so it won't break your neck in case of accident.

Also termoscud has a large pocket (which really is not only for gloves, but winter hat and other small things, or few small bottles of water). There is integrated rear seat cover is stored in this pocket so when you're parking burgie you can pull and keep all the seat dry.

When it is hot - termoscud can be folded and fixed somehow (did not yet figured out how to do this, but there are straps for this). Once I mounted I enjoyed ​​a short test drive at + 5C.

Before going somewhere, put the bike on the central stand and try to move legs from the platforms of the bike on the ground and back. If you do not do this, at the first stop you can fall with the bike on a side.

If you have shoes wide enough, then Burg riding position changes from the chopper-like to vespa-like or legs can be pulled if you do not plan to stop. Move legs quickly from the chopper position to the ground will not work - I cling to the termoscud. I suspect that the play with the lower straps can fix it. I don't have this issue with narrow boots
- Termoscud is really warm. Even though that on a scooter plastic protects the legs from the wind, with termoscud it's much warmer.
- Tested in the city at a speed of 100 km/h - no wind buffering
- Termoscud is covering only fuel tank. Parking break and ignition lock are accessible without issues
- You need to sit down and get off the bike motorcycle way now, throwing leg over seat to not dirty the termoscud interior.
- At speed 50+ km/h wind slightly blows hips. So It's ok for short intown riding, but for longer trips appropriate pants required.
- The first kilometers and traffic lights went sitting vespa-like exercising remove the legs from under the cover. Unusually to do this on a Burgie, but it keeps my bearing
- Termoscud just little wider than plastic (because of inflatable chambers), but still have the overall dimensions of the bike (according to a distance between the edges of mirrors)
- Attention. No, ATTENTION of everybody - pedestrians, drivers and passengers. It is something unusual in our land, unlike Italy or France
- Major issue (greetings to Hussein ) - all cats are trying to hide under termoscud when bike is parked.

And finally two pictures. On the ground near the logo Tucano Urbano straps that should be used in a rolled forward termoscud.

P.S. Original images were uploaded to image hosting, but I will duplicate them in attachment

UPD1: I'm not sure if Tucano Urbano supports online store, but I know that http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/ UK shop sells them with delivery worldwide.

UPD2: I've asked my friend in Italy to buy me termoscud and send a parcel to Moldova, so I cannot comment on price of delivery for shop.

Thanks for reading,
Alexey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5424.JPG (384.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5438.jpg (115.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5437.jpg (205.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5436.jpg (215.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5435.jpg (174.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5434.jpg (212.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5433.jpg (108.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5432.jpg (125.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5431.jpg (63.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5430.jpg (82.4 KB, 3 views)
John Holbrook and wl7cpa like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Just want to add small review from Fernando (thanks for his answers on youtube comments)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QQX1LSEy4Q

And few pics from scigacz.pl , who also reviewed Termoscud (you can use google translate)

wl7cpa likes this.

Last edited by Foxyrhei; 12-01-2015 at 05:20 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Insane Poster

Do you ride even in the cold Moldovan winters? How far?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 AM

Cute skirt Sally!
Foxyrhei likes this.

Mopeds, scooters and motorcycles in the stable!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
Do you ride even in the cold Moldovan winters? How far?
Yep, I'm riding until first snow or ice on a road. Using my burgie only in city, going to office and back few kilometers and sometimes commuting, up to 20 km.

Lowest temperature I rode was last winter, -13 Celsius. Freeaking cold to ride
BurgyBill likes this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
@Scooter_Maniac

Here are promised photos:
1) Feet on a ground, when stop

2) Feet on a foot board

3) Strap for shoulders

4) Front view with one feet on the ground
wl7cpa likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
This is my very first video I'm speaking English. I was little bit nervous and used to merge single video from 24 cuts. I wish my next videos will be better

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Turbo Poster

How about some insulated bibs or pants? I ride snowmobile comfortably well below zero F* every winter with snow pants. $100.00
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
I sincerely apologize for my chuckle. I'm from So. California. Waiting for someone to invent the "Crotch Cooler"
captainfish and zcarnut like this.

Jeff
AN650L4 in MMFG (Gray) Givi V47, Clearview
AN400K8 in Black, Givi AirFlow
'12 Vespa LXV150 in Portofino Green for the wife

AN400K5 in Blue (sold)
AN650K5 in Silver (sold)
AN650K7 in Gray (sold)

a Burgman rider since Aug. 28, 2005
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Turbo Poster

Foxyrhei, are you sure that you can get your feet down to the ground quickly, as in a panic stop situation, without them binding or getting caught up in the excess material?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.