Tucano Urbano Termoscud for Burgman 400 2006+ owners review - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 09:11 PM
Turbo Poster

Foxyrhei, It's also nice that the kit includes a cute cat as well.
Rusty J likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to alloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyrhei View Post
@alloo - heated one?! Can you please point me with link!

@BurgyBill - regular termoscud is available for all 650's, EVO for 2013+. But EVO costs more. Anyway, even regular termoscud is very nice and worth every penny.

@Takahashi - I've noted how to access gas cap easier. Once you stop on gas station, do following:
1) Put side straps under termoscud on rivets (those straps you are sitting on)
2) Put bike on central stand
3) Raise termoscud up, so straps will mount exact on grips. Access to gas cap will be way easier using this method. If you need, I can record additional video soon

Regarding options to keep termoscud held up, there are 3 ways. I used only first one and will try second and third once I mount termoscud back.
1) Deflate side inflatable system. Then push side parts of termoscud forward and up as much as possible to foot board. Make sure that strap over shoulder is on gas cap and lock side straps over strap over shoulder. In this case access to gas cap will be a pain and you will not be able to put your feet forward.
2) Do not deflate inflatable system. Move strap over shoulder on top of termoscud, then in gap between plastic and termoscud down to gas cap. Then lock side straps with central strap
3) Do not deflate inflatable system. Move strap over shoulder under termoscud, down to gas cap. Then lock side straps with central strap
www.scooter-wear.com

Aloha,
Al

07 Yamaha Majesty
07 Piaggio MP3 250ie
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:59 AM

so an uodate on my termoscud after 5k miles. The left rib has a puncture. and needs re-inflating every day. if you let it go down, then you are really gonna know about it at 65mph plus.

on the plus sides, its kept my legs warm(ish), I'm always cold, so most people would probably be sweating, and dry. the amount of water these things can sit on the top without leaking is basically a puddle that can cover most of the top. even when riding in heavy downpours, the water will sit on it, so get used to pushign it off with you knees.

Fantsastic purcahse, and mine will stay on all year round, i just clip it up in the warmer days using sleeping bag clips

UK
2009 Burgman400 K8
2005 GSX1300R Hayabusa

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
so an uodate on my termoscud after 5k miles. The left rib has a puncture. and needs re-inflating every day. if you let it go down, then you are really gonna know about it at 65mph plus.

on the plus sides, its kept my legs warm(ish), I'm always cold, so most people would probably be sweating, and dry. the amount of water these things can sit on the top without leaking is basically a puddle that can cover most of the top. even when riding in heavy downpours, the water will sit on it, so get used to pushign it off with you knees.

Fantsastic purcahse, and mine will stay on all year round, i just clip it up in the warmer days using sleeping bag clips
Glad you're happy with Termoscud. It's fantastic product, but not ideal. I've patched both ribs around 6 times so far (since year and a half). Our model of termoscud seems have design issue and ribs are not designed to take such load on a static as they do. I've contacted Tucano Urbano asking if they have plans to create updated Evo version like for 650 L3, but got no answer from them.

I will create video soon about how to patch rib and will post it here.
Takahashi likes this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Foxyrhei, thank you for your detailed review. In South Carolina, USA, It was 74 degrees F (23 C) yesterday but it is good to know that this is available to give comfort in colder locations.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
So, if you have puncture in your rib, watch this

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 AM

Excellent, I'll get this done very soon! Top work, i didnt realise it was velcroed in!

UK
2009 Burgman400 K8
2005 GSX1300R Hayabusa
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Also now I'm doing email conversation with Tucano Urbano Customer Care and figured out that inflatable ribs from 650 L3 Termoscud EVO will fit 400 K7+ regular termoscud.

Now I'm trying to figure out if ribs from EVO version are any better from material perspective than from regular Termoscud

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.