Tucano Urbano Termoscud for Burgman 400 2006+ owners review - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
@Mike33
I was riding with Termoscud and casual jeans in temperatures up to - 10C no stress (14 F). In my case this is more comfortable, as my office is 10 km from home, so I don't need to change my clothes every time I get to office. In this case you can look cool same when you're on and off the bike.

@jeff_MDR
Feel free to use this with corresponding RAM mount and cigarette lighter USB charger

@BurgyBill

I was not able to record video on higher speed because I was in a residential area. But answering your question - theoretically you can be caught up in case when you riding first kilometers with Termoscud and you have panic stop .. no ... PANIC STOP DONNA WHAT TO DO ABS PLEASE SAVE ME.

But in real life, once you get first 5-10 simple stops on a traffic lights you're so used to this thing, that you don't feel it on a bike at all in terms of handling. If you're riding with your feet on a foot board - no issues at all. In case you're riding feet forward, habit of moving your feet slightly back before putting them on a ground will get in a single day of riding. I mean even if you have a complete panic stop, you will still have 0.5 - 1 second between complete stop and falling. I can move my feet from forward position to the ground in 0.5 second. But in every day use you're moving your feet from forward to straight position usually 20-50 meters before stop, so .. I don't see any issue.

Btw, for Burgman 650 there is second generation of Termoscud - EVO which is even better. I wish they will create EVO version for 400 some day, I will buy it immediately!
Rusty J and wl7cpa like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 08:09 AM

ive just installed one of these, and got to use it in horrible rainy cooler weather today (15'C)

theyre great. Kept me warm and dry, no buffeting, and now its keeping my sheepskin seat pad dry whilst the bike is sat out in the rain, and Im in the office.

I ride 63 miles each way daily, in all weathers, so this was a must after usually having engine and exhausts keeping my legs warm on motoribkes
alloo likes this.

UK
2009 Burgman400 K8
2005 GSX1300R Hayabusa
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
ive just installed one of these, and got to use it in horrible rainy cooler weather today (15'C)

theyre great. Kept me warm and dry, no buffeting, and now its keeping my sheepskin seat pad dry whilst the bike is sat out in the rain, and Im in the office.

I ride 63 miles each way daily, in all weathers, so this was a must after usually having engine and exhausts keeping my legs warm on motoribkes
Yeah, thousand of people in Italy and France use them on their scoots. In UK they are popular as well, but US guys don't have them, so they think it looks weird. But maaan, it's so comfy! I used Termoscud during 5800 km ride Moldova - Finland, 5 days of rain and termoscud was my savior

Per my opinion it's #2 best purchase for Burgie after AirFlow screen. Worth every penny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to alloo
I've equipped all my scooter with the Tucano Urbano Lap Apron now for six years. Works like a champ down to freezing without wearing insulated pants. Works good in rain also. It's nice not having to change gear at the office. Tucano Urbano also has a heated one too. The best investment so far. You can by a lap apron from Vespa or Carazzo. Nice one. I've had it for a Vespa GT200, Piaggio BV250, 07 Burgman 400, 07 Burgman 650, Piaggio MP3 250ie and now a Yamaha Majesty.
BurgyBill likes this.

Aloha,
Al

07 Yamaha Majesty
07 Piaggio MP3 250ie
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyrhei View Post
Btw, for Burgman 650 there is second generation of Termoscud - EVO which is even better. I wish they will create EVO version for 400 some day, I will buy it immediately!
It should be noted, however, that what you're referring to is only made for the 2013 and later model Burgman 650. The site doesn't have the EVO for us with 2012 or older. Disappointing.
captainfish likes this.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 AM

worth noting if your a regular rider with these, is that to access the gas cap is a pain in the arse. I will be removing the door flap to the filler cap to make life easier at the pump.

@Foxyrhei - did you find a way to keep the cover held up? There are the side clips that roll the sides up, but the part under the handlebars still seems to hang down.....

EDIT - just watched your video, is it not in the way of your feet and the gas cap there?

UK
2009 Burgman400 K8
2005 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Last edited by Takahashi; 09-06-2016 at 02:56 AM.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
@alloo - heated one?! Can you please point me with link!

@BurgyBill - regular termoscud is available for all 650's, EVO for 2013+. But EVO costs more. Anyway, even regular termoscud is very nice and worth every penny.

@Takahashi - I've noted how to access gas cap easier. Once you stop on gas station, do following:
1) Put side straps under termoscud on rivets (those straps you are sitting on)
2) Put bike on central stand
3) Raise termoscud up, so straps will mount exact on grips. Access to gas cap will be way easier using this method. If you need, I can record additional video soon

Regarding options to keep termoscud held up, there are 3 ways. I used only first one and will try second and third once I mount termoscud back.
1) Deflate side inflatable system. Then push side parts of termoscud forward and up as much as possible to foot board. Make sure that strap over shoulder is on gas cap and lock side straps over strap over shoulder. In this case access to gas cap will be a pain and you will not be able to put your feet forward.
2) Do not deflate inflatable system. Move strap over shoulder on top of termoscud, then in gap between plastic and termoscud down to gas cap. Then lock side straps with central strap
3) Do not deflate inflatable system. Move strap over shoulder under termoscud, down to gas cap. Then lock side straps with central strap

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:35 AM

nice idea!!!! i'll try it

UK
2009 Burgman400 K8
2005 GSX1300R Hayabusa
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Insane Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgyBill View Post
Foxyrhei, are you sure that you can get your feet down to the ground quickly, as in a panic stop situation, without them binding or getting caught up in the excess material?
you can it is not sealed down.
BurgyBill likes this.

| GIVI AF266 | Denali D2| BreakAway C.C | Pillion Backrest | Sena SMH10 | Gerbings T5 & Jacket | Fehling Racks | Givi E21 | AirHawk 2 | Fender Extender | MCL Reservoir Cover | K&N Air Filter | Stebel Nautilus Horn | Zumo 350 | Drift HD Ghost |
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 08:48 PM

Garage
Just installed the R165 termoscud. I also have sheepskin.

2014 Burgman 650
24,000 MILES
Daily Commute: 50 miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.