Stock Appearance - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Stock Appearance

There seems to be a significant number of us that are interested in improving our night visibility but would prefer to keep our bike looking stock whether for aesthetic reasons or potential resale value. As a representative of the over 50 crowd or simply those who would prefer not to customize their bikes but do want to improve visibility I would ask StreetGlo to consider developing a kit that could be applied on areas of black plastic or metal surfaces rather than the painted finish. One of the weakest areas of night visiblility is from the side and there is certainly plenty of space to apply die cut super black reflective material that would fit the plastic contours without looking like someone gone crazy with black electrician tape. In the day time the bike would still look totally stock but at night it would glow bright white...Food for thought, just my suggestion but I would be interested if any other people feel the same....Nothing against flames or rockets or custom pin striping but they are just not my thing....I would prefer a stealth mode, different strokes for different folks...

2007 Burgy 400
"Baby Blue"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Turbo Poster

Re: Stock Appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfr470
There seems to be a significant number of us that are interested in improving our night visibility but would prefer to keep our bike looking stock whether for aesthetic reasons or potential resale value. As a representative of the over 50 crowd or simply those who would prefer not to customize their bikes but do want to improve visibility I would ask StreetGlo to consider developing a kit that could be applied on areas of black plastic or metal surfaces rather than the painted finish. One of the weakest areas of night visiblility is from the side and there is certainly plenty of space to apply die cut super black reflective material that would fit the plastic contours without looking like someone gone crazy with black electrician tape. In the day time the bike would still look totally stock but at night it would glow bright white...Food for thought, just my suggestion but I would be interested if any other people feel the same....Nothing against flames or rockets or custom pin striping but they are just not my thing....I would prefer a stealth mode, different strokes for different folks...
+1

'09 AN650EXEC - commuter/cruiser/APV
'07 Genuine Buddy 125 Italia - her commuter
'05 TGB 50 - his BeachBuzzer
'09 Honda Metropolitan - her BeachBuzzer
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Super Poster

+2 Here here, great suggestion.

2008 V-Strom - Silver - well farkled
2008 Burgman 650 Exec - Black - Gone
2007 Burgman 400 - Silver - Gone
Marietta, GA

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Turbo Poster

++ thrice!!!! Jim
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 05:40 PM

I'm all for it!

Love, Laugh & Listen to good music, you'll live longer..........
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Insane Poster

I'm with you...great idea
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Insane Poster

Garage

Like this, or something different, more subtle?

Chris

Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2011 Honda NT700V 30000+ miles (Gone, but not forgotten.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 ( AN400K8 ) 27,389 miles (Gone, but not forgotten.)

- 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 (AN400K7) 48,969 miles. (Gone, but not forgotten.)

IBA# 49894
True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder to 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Turbo Poster

Did you achieve this effect with the reflective tape that you can buy on E-Bay or some other method? I plan on doing a lot of night driving soon and need more viability also.

No good deed ever goes unpunished!
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. (Asimov in the Foundation Trilogy)
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Insane Poster

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhouse
Did you achieve this effect with the reflective tape that you can buy on E-Bay or some other method? I plan on doing a lot of night driving soon and need more viability also.
Like everyone else who posted on the thread so far, I didn't want the effect of the Pontiac Firebird "Screaming Eagle" on my Burgman. I wanted something that worked, but wasn't loud.

I bought the pin-stripe width tape from Streetglo (and used the BurgmanUSA member discount!). The tape is black in the daytime, and on the dark blue 07 Burgman, it hardly shows in the daylight. If you catch it in the light just right, it does show in the daytime, but I've had to point it out usually to people I'm showing the bike to. They have all thought it was factory pin-striping.

The larger reflective tape you see was purchased on eBay. The last time I looked, it appeared like there was two styles of "black". One showed up as gray at night, the other showed up as white at night. The latter is what I bought.

There are several pictures on the Gallery that will show you various views of the bike. Here's the link...
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Daboo/Reflective+Tape/

Here are two daytime pictures.
This one is just taken with the normal sunlight.

This one is taken with the flash which makes the reflective tape show up.

I thought it was kind of fun to see the effect of the flash in the daylight.

BTW, while it is time consuming to take off, you can get the tape off later with a hair dryer.

Chris

Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT

- 2011 Honda NT700V 30000+ miles (Gone, but not forgotten.)

- 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 ( AN400K8 ) 27,389 miles (Gone, but not forgotten.)

- 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 (AN400K7) 48,969 miles. (Gone, but not forgotten.)

IBA# 49894
True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder to 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Super Poster

And the pinstrip width was?
Want to put it along outer outline for greater visability. Superblack on grey/silver Burgman 400 '06.
Thanks

Ride as if You are Invisible! Studies show that you are!
JUST... Ride...OOPS! ATGATT
Ride Often
Ride Observantly
Ride Prepared
Ride Safely

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.