What's up with street glo? - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

What's up with street glo?

I ordered the Black Magic a while ago. I received an email that it was shipped USPS on May 25. It is now June 11 and still no shipment. I emailed street glo and NO RESPONSE. Is this typical? I understand they say they have a heavy workload but the tracking info shows nothing. Has anyone else had a problem. I really want the product. It looks great on their website. thanks jf

John Fragale
'08 650 Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Insane Poster

Re: What's up with street glo?

now i really feel bummed out. thanks alot. i got an email that they shipped mine on the 3rd of this month and i still dont have it..............larry

06/650
garmin gps/ram mounted on brake resevoir (use it everyday, always on bike, with a ram lock)
tourmaster cortech saddlebags (used on longer trips, works great)
besteem 2012 (black) top box (great add on)
michelin/r, oem/f
givi windscreen (best upgrade yet)
ram mount cup holder (works great)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Insane Poster

i am still waiting for my product. when i look at the tracking, i get nothing. they took my money real quick, but no product. i should have bought from another company. there are alot more out there. i sure hope when (if) i get my product it is worth the wait, and lack of info i have received from them. how hard is it to box up some tape and a sticker? usps, shows they are expecting a package? whatever that means............larry

if i dont get it in a couple of days, i think i will cancel my order.......

06/650
garmin gps/ram mounted on brake resevoir (use it everyday, always on bike, with a ram lock)
michelin/r, oem/f

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Insane Poster

jf
i emailed streetglo yesterday and got an answer back in a couple of hours. they had a majoy storm go through the area and tornados wiped alot of businesses out. they got his by lightning and lost all there files. bill told me they were down for 6 days, installing a new system. he asked for all my info and said he would take care of the order asap. he would check and send a new order out for me today if needed. if you havent gotten your order yet, maybe you can drop him an email.......larry

they seem wanting to help

06/650
michelin/r, oem/f
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 PM

I got mine in a few days after ordering.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Insane Poster

jeremy
that is the normal for them. i received another email from them today and my order has been resent. they had big problems with lightning for a few days. all is well with them now. it just happened right when i ordered..........larry

06/650
michelin/r, oem/f
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Well on June 28th I finally got my order. It only took a month and a half (from May 17) There seems to have been a mail glitch. Who knows. But at least I got it. jf

John Fragale
'08 650 Black
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Insane Poster

frig
i had some long discussions with them and what happened is a storm wiped out everything they had. i am sure they are ok now....larry

06/650
michelin/r, oem/f
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Super Poster

I got my street glo order very quickly, I'd say about 10 days or less.
dm

2009 Suzuki Burgman 650, white - the "Storm Trooper"
2003 Suzuki Burgman 400, aka "Yoda"
2009 Kawasaki Versys 650, aka "Doctor Doom"

San Diego, CA - America's Finest City
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 AM

Larry and Frig,

This is Bill with http://www.streetglo.net

Burgmanusa is one of my favorite forum places. I haven't been able to drop by for a while but we're finally caught up at work and I spent a few hours here catching up.

I want to know if both of you received your orders. It looks like you have yours Frig, but I'm unsure if you have yours Larry. It appears that your orders were caught up in a pretty nasty mess we were caught up in. I can't connect these posts with our records at the office so it's possible we've talked a lot about this already but I can't tell from here at Burgmanusa. If you have not received your orders I need to know about it. It's not acceptable for us to leave anything unfinished.

We had a major problem here that shut us down for 6 days. But it took 30 days to recover. We were hit by lightning and it wiped out everything.. including our ability to know the who, what and where of our customer orders. It was more than embarrassing. We were shut out and put away by this storm. I lost both our server and it's backup and all the networks, and it pretty well took a month to get over it. As with new equipment and newly configured software we had some pretty nasty crashes of our system after rebuilding it that hampered our ability to keep on track of the immediate tasks at hand such as who did we just ship and where, etc... I hope to never have this experience again but I have to add something that may sound ironic.. We were among the lucky. The lightning that hit us was from the same tornado that nearly tore down Suffolk Virginia. Just a birdseye view to the southwest, a cyclone wiped out almost 200 homes and businesses some of which are just completely gone.. as if they never were. The cyclone veered to our west and missed us but not the lightning.

Frig, from what I read, was your package really in the mail for that long? It's unusual. Larry, it's possible we had records showing your package was sent and didn't know at the moment that some shipping records were corrupt. We also had shipments that were posted and logged but had a wipe out crash before we printed the shipping details for each package. The down time and rebuild helped us accumulate almost 500 orders in backlog. Then new system crashes made those 500 orders difficult to move quickly with conflicting info on the order.

All I can say is I apologize to you and any other customer caught up in this. I consider it an honor to have you as customers and you deserve our best.

So please let me know if all issues are resolved. I don't want to leave things undone.

Kind regards,

Bill Aggie
http://www.streetglo.net

Bill Aggie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.