Speed Blocks prototype - OPINIONS REQUESTED - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Speed Blocks prototype - OPINIONS REQUESTED

Hey folks - I'm starting to get a few bits and pieces in from StreetGlo for the "Speed Blocks" design they had proposed on their forum a while back. I'm really excited about helping out with the prototyping of this design and would like to share a bit as I go along. I took some of the smaller sections and applied them to my helmet - mainly to add visibility when I turn my head.

The three main pieces that they've cut so far have been mounted on the front fairings and rear center (which you can also see in my avatar). I decided to go with gold on the dark gray metallic base color, and it has turned out really well. Even though we're just getting started, I already feel like there's more "pop" in the visibility of the Burgman, particularly in tweener/darker light.

As I get more pieces in, I'll take more photos and will post them here.

Houston Haynes
"Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time." -- Mikey, "American Chopper"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Super Poster

These are some things I'd definitely be interested in. They're visible and tasteful without being "over the top" (to me, anyway. Everyone's taste is different)

"...I never drive any faster than I can see", Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
'05 650 Burgman, "Gryphon"
To see my photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MV
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Super Poster

Re: Speed Blocks - an early sample

So are these self-powered, meaning do they light up? Or are they the reflective type? Never seen anything like that. Looks pretty wikkid!

In CA it's EAT or be EATEN!
-={JoshDHX}=-
2005 Silly Burgman AN650 "Nimbus".
Top Speed: 120MPH (Indicated)
Cruising Altitude: Flight Level 110!

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Re: Speed Blocks - an early sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDHX
So are these self-powered, meaning do they light up? Or are they the reflective type?
These are all reflective decals - check out http://www.streetglo.net and see for yourself.

Houston Haynes
"Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time." -- Mikey, "American Chopper"
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Hey folks - thought I'd bump this thread to get more constructive feedback on the Speed Blocks design. I've posted some higher-resolution images in my gallery:

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/HHaynes/Speed_Blocks/

I'd like to get some feedback from those that might be interested in applying this design to their Burgman. I've given feedback to them directly, but I'd like to collect more from an outside perspective. The obvious points of interest are location, coverage, design, etc. I've included some of my own opinions in the gallery comments with each image - but I'd like to have other folks weigh in as well. Thanks in advance.

Houston Haynes
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Turbo Poster

I still haven't found anything I like for my bike, but these look like they have potential. They may be designed for the Burgman, but I think they would work on the Majesty as well with little or no modification.

Christopher
'07 Majesty - Lapis Lazuli
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Turbo Poster

Thanks very much for your helpful photographs, HHaynes.

I very much like the strip across the 'rump', and the front strip that goes along under the mirrors. Those 2 pieces seem a good 'fit' where you applied them.

Gotta have something more assertive on the sides below the passenger seat, around where the Burgman 650 logo runs.

Something for the front would also seem appropriate.

Any hint when this product might come to be released?

Cordially,
Chris

Scooter experience: 2006 Burgman 650; 2003 Burgman 400; 1996 Honda Elite 80
Road story:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery:
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Thanks Chris - good notes. That's pretty much the summation of the feedback I gave them in the gallery section I put up. No word on when it will be made available commercially. I'm still waiting on the next batch to apply to the bike.

Houston Haynes
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Super Poster

Wonder if I can write Streetglo and see if they can hook me up with something?

But now that I think of it, Chris is right. We need something a bit "bigger"? in the area by the Burgman logo.

"...I never drive any faster than I can see", Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
'05 650 Burgman, "Gryphon"
To see my photos:

MV
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixviking
But now that I think of it, Chris is right. We need something a bit "bigger"? in the area by the Burgman logo.
I wasn't looking for comments of what everyone thinks is missing - I was looking for comments on the applications that are in place now. Remember, this is just the first batch that they've sent out to me. They wanted to see how it worked out before producing more to complete the set. Stay tuned (and be patient), when I get the next bit of kit I'll apply them and take more pictures.

Houston Haynes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.