Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

StreetGlo~Reflective kit. *Talk directly with the designer.

38K views 62 replies 36 participants last post by  SumoServices 
#1 ·
I’m working with a vendor to come up with a Reflective BUSA logo / sticker. In return they would like to design a reflective kit uniquely designed for the Burgman. I am opening up this thread for us to discuss the design of this kit.

***Stay Tuned.***

#2 ·
Just remind them they need to make multiple versions for the different bikes.

#3 ·
Something unobtrusive on the lower side plastic might be OK. Personally it would need to match the color (white 650) before I'd want it. I'm not familiar with reflective kits. I can see the little teeny round side reflector on my scooter is sort of inadequate.

#8 ·
I think they have a design already in mind. They want feedback of some sort. Only brief emails thus far. I hope to have more info over the next few days.

#11 ·

I don't see no flames :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Not for me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bill

#12 ·
:sad11: ....(honestly?....not on my scoot) I havent seen the LOGO design yet.

Edited: 8 Oct 06
Since this post I have communicated with the vendor and his response has been positive towards our suggestions. The above design was just an idea. I am excited to see what the end result will be. :D

#13 ·
After seeing the results of the reflective material on my new winter jacket, I've been thinking about buying a reflective decal for the helmet. I'll just wait and see what they come up with for BUSA before ordering.

#14 ·
I am definitely interested in more reflectives for my Burgman.

The flames that ScubaGirl found are pretty cool, I must admit, but being a little 'conservative' the ones from StreetGlo definitely have my interest!

Keep us posted, GG!

pr

#16 ·
My 2 Cents. Streetglow is close to what I would buy. I like the idea that the Center Color of the decal can be any from their stock colors. For my Ex I would pick Blue or Maybe Green. On the front fender: Extend the front to make a complete "U" around the nose of the fender. On the Front Side: The lower decal is about right. Maybe Thin and Sexy it up abit. Maybe make a complete "U" here also to match the front fender. The Top Side: Needs something? Maybe a little Nastier, Like eyebrows over the light len's and extending back to where it is pictured. Complete "U"'s might make application easier. Start at the center of the Fender and both sides are equal. Match the center of the Fairing with the Fender and it is equal also. The Back Sides: I would thin it and strech it, go lower to the Base of the side. The side Reflector may block the line. But it will leave the space below "Burgman 650" for some Custom Pin Work if someone desires. It would also lose some the "Starkey and Hutch" thing it has going for it. I am Curious about the Butt? Maybe just a nice wide strip on the lower edge of the tail. There is a nice indention there that is just right for a tasteful strip that matches the curve and ending of the Indention. That would leave the space between the tailights and bottom for someone to use for a Name or Custom Pin work, Oh, and of coarse the BUSA Wings! Mine are on the Mudguard above the reflector. A 100 Beans seems a little high for what appears to be a 8 piece Kit. 80 Bucks and Reasonable Handling and Shipping might be a Better Target. Limited Production may make 80 Bucks unrealistic. Non the less if it included a Tail Strip and was developed and proportioned for the 650 I'd go a "C" Note. I would even Pre-Order one if the design was finalized and they needed to have a Quanity Pre Order to make the Run. Thanks for your time and effort on this type of stuff. I like my Patches and Sticker.

#18 ·
The only problem I have with the prototype is that it is trying to straighten what the design of the bike tries to curve, especially on the front fender. I like the stripe down the side, though.

I'd just like the black tape to make lines and "smoke".

#19 ·
Just received a message from them. They have been listening/reading to your comments. Im waiting for permission to post the contents of our conversation in PM. More details soon.

#20 ·
Then I'll weigh in on it. I like the idea of getting some stickers that are reflective. However, I'm not certain that I like these particular stickers. Something a little less bold and daring maybe?

I agree, the one on the back of the bike does add something to it. The ones on the front? Well, No.

Thanks,
Joe

#21 ·
Here is the cut and paste PM I received from StreetGlo. It was written to me. I have permission to share it with you.

Greengoose,
A couple of comments. The prototype is just an idea. It would need to be templated and the lines would follow the bike curves. This straight line design is just to show a color scheme and overall shape. This would be one kit...

I can see they like flames. This is not a problem at all! I just was surprised at the level of flame interests.... I need some shots of one of the scooters to use as a design template.. Level to the bike, I need a straight on shot at 12:00, 2:00 4:00 ad 6:00. Then I need one at 9:00. If someone wants to step forward on the flame design... letting us design it and they simply help us fit it... They can have the first set and prototype. The same goes for the minimal design. I'll want someone with a different model to help with that. In both cases, no flash photos. I need the shadows to actually see the lines on the bike.

Short of getting Burg here.... Based on drawings we make a template on craft paper. We sent that to them and let them tape the design in place folding, bending, slitting or whatever is necessary to fit the template properly to the bike. they then secure the template in that shape with tape, then send it back. On a 2nd try, we send a vinyl plain template using easy to pull off vinyl. They lay this into place.. and we grade the fit. So once the template fits snug, that's the shape upon which we'll build the actual graphic from.

So let's change this to be a flame set and a minimal accent set. we'll do two of them and see where it goes.

Whatever the result, I'll make sure you get a free set of both when the product is complete.

On another note... I have a new product I need to get out and see how it works in my customers hands. It's not what I consider a Burgman type of rider decal but I'll put it on the table anyhow.

I would like 5 folks to test our Gleamin'Demons which is expected to be a highly personalized decal in that no two of them will be alike. You can see it here: http://www.streetglo.net/streetglo_file ... ticker.htm

Again, I dont' think this is a Burgman Riders kind of product but the hard liking of flames tells me I could be wrong. Anyhow, I need to see these installed and see what some of the designs will look like. The ones on our web site are just a tiny fraction of the possible ways you can lay down this freeminded kit. All I want in return is to see the item in photo, hopefully here at burgman or if you object, they can post it at my forums at streetglo.

Finally, I have about $50.00 worth of items to put up for auction. Whenever you are ready, I'll put them up and see how it goes. when I close the auction, you get all the money.. I expect the $50.00 worth will overbid since they are actually bidding on $100.00 worth of stuff. $50.00 in value paid to you , plus I match the winning bid in free stuff from our site. I don't see how they could lose.

Thanks,

Bill

P.S. the Gleamin'Demon page shows they have to buy the evil eyes. Not so for your 5 users.. They get the decal and free shipping... no charge.

#22 ·
Latest Brit research is that Luminescent/Refective Blue is the safest most visible colour at night - which sort of reverses current thinking on yellow/orange and red - but they still work best in daylight. The proposition is that emergency vehicles should be changed to incorporate flurocesent blue and in time that all vehicle red marker and brake lights be changed over to blue - at least for nightime use when the human eye is 'fooled' by red. :shock:

#23 ·
Blue is good

Without any data to back it up, I tend to agree.... blue and Orange actually are the two colors you rarely see. The blue especially is a good night reflective color as it is subconciously associated with police activity. The color blue has an outreach no other color has. At any distance you notice it, it keeps your mindset until you identify it. No other color accomplishes this other than orange. However, when you combine two colors in a design, yellow outlined by red, or gold and green, etc. those meshed objects also stand out as a disting strangely colored reflection. catch the mindset of the driver and your multiply the value of your reflectives.

Bill

#24 ·
What would you buy

db297 said:
I would not buy the prototype shown. I would have to like it enough to live with it for the next 5 years or so, and that just isn't it.

db
Tell me what you would buy. The good thing about these kits will be you can install it all, or just a bit of it. The more I know the wider I can make the appeal factor. The thing that inspired me about the Burgman is there really is no place to hide reflectors. And I happen to know we've had an overwhelming number of burgman riders buying items for their bike, so I wanted to make someting that is just for this group. So let me know what you like.

Bill

#25 ·
Two points -

Regarding the whole blue thing - vibrant blues occur rarely in nature, which is why they tend to catch the eye. You're kind of genetically wired to notice them. +1 on any decal in blue.

Regarding the current proposed design - overall, I like it. It fits a lot of the bike. One thing, however. I don't get the decal under the headlights - that does not flow with the bike's design. Perhaps an "L" shaped piece there or something. Maybe a curved piece on the front fender, as well, instead of the current arrow-shaped piece. Something that follows the arc of the wheel there.

A proposal - Look at the whole bike, and you'll notice that there aren't a shole lot of abrupt edges. Even the noticable angles (like the headlights) are rounded somewhat. You might want to incorporate that into your next design. A somewhat more organic look would be very cool.

Additionally - I would be more than willing to assist with any photogaphs you need of a stock bike. I've got a good digital camera and free time in the mornings and on the weekends. If you need something along those lines, please feel free to PM me. I've also got some experience in applying decals and windshield stickers (I owned a car parts shop for a while) if you need decent pics of that kind of thing.

Lastly - thank you for taking the time to develop a product for us. I realize that we really are a niche market, but it's time spent like this that really develops a loyal customer base. I've been tossing around the idea of doing a blue reflective pinstripe since the day after I got ny Exec. As soon as I get the spare cash, you'll see an order from me now.

Thanks again!

#26 ·
Even tho I seemed all jazzed up about the rad flame example that Dee shared, I was really being a bit, well, goofy about them. I do like them, but I think that they looked a bit over the top. I would like the same reflective properties at night as those had, but I would prefer the kit to look like "shadow flames" during the day. A nice flame job, but something that you actually have to look close at to notice that they were there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.