Raising Windshield? - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Johnthebusman

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Raising Windshield?

I have a 08 non-Exec 650 and I have researched this forum and can not find anyone who has removed their Givi windshield, drilled new holes and re-installed it to make it higher. Has anyone done this? I did it on my last bike (large cruiser) and it worked fine. Like a lot of other riders, there is too much buffering and noise on my helmet. This is the first time I couldn't find an answer to a problem on this site. It seems like EVERYTHING is covered in the threads, but not this question.

Also, on another note, I just finished a four day trip around the Olympic Peninsula and couldn't be more happy with my scooter. I averaged 53 MPG for the trip which included a trip up Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park in Washington state, where I kept up with the fastest bike in our group. Twice I got 60 MPG. I tell other riders that the Burgman is the best kept secret around.
Dave_J and gec343 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gec343
[

Also, on another note, I just finished a four day trip around the Olympic Peninsula and couldn't be more happy with my scooter. I averaged 53 MPG for the trip which included a trip up Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park in Washington state, where I kept up with the fastest bike in our group. Twice I got 60 MPG. I tell other riders that the Burgman is the best kept secret around.[/QUOTE]

I've had my Burgman 650 just 10 months, but every ride convinces me even more of the excellence of the Burgman. Really, an incredible bike!

2007 Burgman Executive (Lady Burgman) 16,000+ mile
2010 Honda Gold Wing/ABS
1977 BMW R100/7 (bought new)
Whizzer Motorbike
2013 Kymco Agility 125

Previous scooters: 52 Cushman, 58 Allstate Crusaire, 2006 Honda Elite 80

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Super Poster

Well, one other option to consider it the MRA X-Creen air deflector that can attach to the top of your existing shield.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x...-bolt-on-11271

Here a pix of one installed on my B650. What is nice is that it is both adjustable in height, and in angle so you can play with it and customize the exact airflow that you want. It is very secure and can be adjusted without tools so on your first ride you can try it a bit, stop adjust, ride, stop adjust until you find the sweet spot. And.... it can be moved to other bikes if you every change. A win/win all around IMHO. Cost which included both the clamp on mount (pictured) and the bolt on mount is $119 at Twisted Throttle. It measures 4"x10" in size.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Steve for info. How well does the MRA X-Creen air deflector work?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthebusman View Post
Thanks Steve for info. How well does the MRA X-Creen air deflector work?
My guestimate from actual riding is that it moves the "hard" part of the airflow up roughly 4" higher than without. In my case, at 6'6" tall and with the x-creen installed on the larger GIVI windshield, it gets it up high enough to take the heavy buffeting off my helmet. Now this is with my power windshield at the very bottom in which case I can still look over the top of the X-creen. Raising the windshield to the highest position I now end up looking thru the X-creen and it becomes even more quiet on my helmet, eliminating virtually all the direct hard airflow from the helmet.

Now one thing I did notice is that I now feel a bit of air hitting me on the back of my neck, likely the role-over of air back into the "pocket" behind the windshield. Prior to the X-creen, I didn't notice this but attribute it more likely to the fact my helmet was still up in the hard airflow.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Steve_YYZ; 07-09-2016 at 04:07 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Hey Steve, I looked on the internet and saw that there is several models of the MRA X-Creen air deflector. There is a touring model and a sports model also different colors. Which one did you get for your Burgman?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthebusman View Post
Hey Steve, I looked on the internet and saw that there is several models of the MRA X-Creen air deflector. There is a touring model and a sports model also different colors. Which one did you get for your Burgman?
I have the Sport model of the X-creen which measures 4" x 10" (pictured). I think the Touring model which is 6" x 15" would be too big for the Burgman windshield but you'd have to measure to be sure. I'm happy with the Sport model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.