Red Green Cup Holder - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Wink Red Green Cup Holder

Just stopped by the north Main Tim Horton's sporting my Red Green Cup Holder. Surrounded by Indians.

And Harleys.

I am admiring this guy's HD Chrome coffee holder and he laughs. It won't hold coffee, he says, so he uses it to hold other stuff. He says there's so much vibration, the coffee gets spitted and spurted all over his immaculate bike.

Mine doesn't do that. And using the handy-man's secret weapon, it was probably $150 cheaper too.

However, I will have to spruce up mine with a circular doily/mandala lest this jerry rigged trailer trash model prevents me from getting invited to tea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (268.7 KB, 89 views)
gec343, mikeyMarine and mike D like this.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Insane Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gec343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post
Just stopped by the north Main Tim Horton's sporting my Red Green Cup Holder. Surrounded by Indians.

And Harleys.

I am admiring this guy's HD Chrome coffee holder and he laughs. It won't hold coffee, he says, so he uses it to hold other stuff. He says there's so much vibration, the coffee gets spitted and spurted all over his immaculate bike.

Mine doesn't do that. And using the handy-man's secret weapon, it was probably $150 cheaper too.

However, I will have to spruce up mine with a circular doily/mandala lest this jerry rigged trailer trash model prevents me from getting invited to tea.
Very creative and must attempt at making one of those!

2007 Burgman Executive (Lady Burgman) SOLD
2014 Burgman UH200 (Baby Burgman) 1000 miles
2010 Honda Gold Wing/ABS
1977 BMW R100/7 (bought new)
Whizzer Motorbike

Previous scooters: 52 Cushman, 58 Allstate Crusaire, Honda Elite 80

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 10:32 PM
Turbo Poster

I just today ran into a new rider with a 2016 Burgman 650 at the local Cycle Gear store and he was wondering how to take off the handlebar plastic to be able to mount a cup holder. Personally I don't like the look of the center plastic removed off the handlebars so I told him to check with Burgman Brothers website for the brake reservoir mounted cup holders before doing anything rash.
gec343 and mike D like this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Super Poster

My burgman came with a Motorcycle Larry(or someone) brake reservoir with two tappings for a ram mount ball to bolt to. It works alright with the Ram swingy cup holder, but I prefer the fold up plastic cup holders I added on my other scooters. A lot of boaters use them, they're cheap, and when not being used -fold up and out of the way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Adjustable-Folding-Drink-Cup-Holder-For-Boat-Marine-Caravan-Car-4x4-RV-Cup-/262450344988?hash=item3d1b42741c:g:RYgAAOSw7ehXQuA W&vxp=mtrhttp:

06-650 Exec
06-Majesty 400
93-Goldwing

Last edited by minimac; 09-19-2016 at 09:37 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:57 AM

This is what I came up with. A piece of stainless across the dash. extended to the left side. To me, looks aren't as important as function. Mine works, so does yours. Ride proud!

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1474296213
BurgyBill likes this.

Last edited by trailblazer; 11-22-2016 at 07:27 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 06:32 PM

WOW Ducati14:
Racing Red Tape! That's a touch of CLASS. Don't let the people at Tim Horton's see it until your patent is finalized.

El Charro

Dennis
Oh Lord, help me be humble after I win the Lottery!

2014 Honda Forza 300
2012 Burgman 650
2012 Burgman 400 (sold)
BMW R75/5 (sold)
3 cylinder Kawasaki 500 Mach III (sold)
305 Honda Superhawk (sold)
1952 Sears Allstate scooter
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

YEAH, minimac - I forgot about those because I have seen them somewhere now that you reminded me.

Trailblazer that one you created has kind a "mod chic" feel to it, imho. Maybe IKEA would pick it up.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
This is what I came up with. A piece of stainless across the dash. extended to the left side. To me, looks aren't as important as function. Mine works, so does yours. Ride proud!

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1474296213
Nice Job...!
Does the cup interfere with foot placement? It looks like it would hit my knee ?

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:30 PM

Thank you. I have no problem. I have approx 6" from my knee, when seated. And it's low enough that even a large drink is out of the mirror view. I usually carry a thermos cup that I epoxied a neodyminium (not sure of that spelling) magnet to the bottom and there's one glued (opposite pole) into the bottom of the cupholder. Here's 3 pics. http://burgmanusa.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1474406940

Last edited by trailblazer; 11-22-2016 at 07:27 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post
I will have to spruce up mine with a circular doily/mandala lest this jerry rigged trailer trash model prevents me from getting invited to tea.
What about removing the cover to which that holder is taped, and using nuts/bolts to attach the holder directly to the panel? Then no tape nor doily would be needed...

And while you have the panel off, you can run a SAE (battery tender) cable from your battery to the dash, giving you 12 volt power for accessories like a socket and/or mobile phone charger cable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.