LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Satisfaction with the AN650 seat

SB: Estimates of the Percent of Burgman 650 owners who dislike the seat
range from 10% to 67%

The number could be estimated by the number of owners who purchase
a custom seat, air hawk, or other cushion. Do we have any data on this. --Steve

Terry B: more like 67 percent hate the seat according to the suzuki burgman club

SB: I have no problem with the stock Burgman 650 seat other than its lack of back support. I added a backrest to enhance comfort. For me, It is now near perfect.

I recognize that one seat is not going to satisfy everyone. However, the number who find the stock seat uncomfortable is probably less than 10%. --Steve

TB: Right on... I had an Air Hawk on mine and after several adjustments to air pressure, I found the sweet spot.
I could ride 400 to 500 miles... As I said before, the Burgman is the best of the best in the scooter world, but Suzuki really does need to re-design the seat....

SB: They did a re-design in 2013 but is it any better?

DB: Air Hawk is an excellent answer!
Youíre right about the difficulties of the seat. There is a guy in Cincinnati who specializes in fixing Burg 400 and 650 seats. He removes the seat assembly and unstaples the covering then uses an electric carving knife to slice and trim some of the hard foam away and replaces it with a much higher quality gel foam pad. He then recovers the seat with the original or a new custom upholstery. About $125-250 depending on your choices of foam quality and new covering. I can now ride 2-3 hours or the end of the gas tank which ever comes first. Thereís a BIG difference. -Don Barlow

Terry Blair Lets look at the facts about the Burgman Scooter.
I bought a brand new 2007 AN650 Executive with ABS. The scooter was Metallic Candy Apple Red. Beautiful color. The only problem with this scooter is the seat. Now, the scooter rides nice and is very responsive, but the seat is harder than a park bench.

The seat is mostly flat compared to a regular bike seat and therefore, more pressure on the spine and hips. A lot of riders have used bead covers, air bag covers gel covers and more to get a more comfortable ride.

If anyone says the seats are soft and comfortable, well, they are full of you know what, or they are butt dead. I don't know anyone who can ride more the 1 hour before having to take a butt rest....
Just my 2 cents. Oh ya!, Even today, Suzuki still won't listen to Burgman owners about correcting the seat issue..

So bottom line. Would I recommend a burgman scooter? of cause I would. Except for the seat, they are the best scooter on the road today..

Terry Blaine, WA. (360) 371-2372

<dcotop@...> wrote : Looking for info and experiences with the 650.

SB: Here is an excellent review which might be helpful. It is from Burgman Riders.com

23 June 2008 Suzuki Burgman Reviews
Why I Ride a Suzuki Burgman Scooter

I read a lot of information on the web before I bought my 2008 Suzuki Burgman Executive scooter. One recurring theme that I noticed time and time again in posts by riders was about the comfort the bike had and that they had ridden other bikes in the past but preferred the Burgman.

After putting the first 700 miles on my Burgman I could not agree more.
For years Iíve had bikes. The first, many years ago was a Yamaha 650 Special. A great starter bike and one that I taught myself how to ride on.
After a couple of decades of not riding I decided to get back into riding again, and in a big way. This time I took the full motorcycle safety course training so I could safely ride my new bike, a 900 pound huge bike, the BMW K1200LT. Now that bike was a **** of a lot of fun and I rode it across America from Washington, DC to San Diego, CA. And while that bike was a joy to ride, it was just too big and too heavy for small local trips.

After I sold the BMW K1200LT I bought a Yamaha Zuma scooter and loved the convenience of running to the store and scooting off to run errands around town. But the Zuma lacked one thing that worried me. In a congested environment with slow moving traffic the Zuma was fun to ride, or on empty streets. But if you were on a road with traffic moving more than 40 MPH then you would be an obstacle that people would have to go around.
When I went to purchase a new motorcycle I was intrigued by Burgman. Having just returned to the U.S. after having lived in Europe for a couple of years, I had seen the Burgman in action and they fascinated me.

What Attracted Me to the Burgman
Poser bikers that are trying to look tough or buy that special exhaust sound to send an image to the world, probably wonít like the Burgman, and thatís just fine with me. I ride because I love it, not because I want other people to think Iím some kind of rebel bad ass.
For me, the Burgman makes for effortless riding. The automatic transmission works wonderfully and if I want to manually shift, I can at the touch of a button. If I want an additional boost of power, well thatís available at my fingertips as well.
99% of the time I ride my Burgman in automatic mode. I relish the comfort of not having to shift when leaving the light or approaching a stop. Instead of lifting the toe I just keep my feet up in that highway cruise stance, and very comfortable position to ride in.
The seat comfort is terrific and the riding position on the motorcycle makes for a very comfortable ride, around town or blasting down the highways.

And donít be fooled that this machine is called a scooter, it is a full fledged motorcycle with loads of power, great gas mileage and long legs that can go anywhere.
On my executive model I am in love with the adjustable windscreen. It was a feature I had on my BMW K1200LT and itís one of those things that once youíve had it, you want it. It is such a pleasure to be able to adjust the windscreen, up or down, based on where Iím riding. If Iím going less than 45 MPH I typically have the screen down but as my speed increases, the screen goes up.

And the fuel mileage on the Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive is wonderful as well. Around town I typically get 47 MPG and if Iím cruising down the highway I get even more. It is wonderful on the wallet and not expensive at all to operate.

My Recommendation
I am a firm believer in a value of a good motorcycle safety class for any scooter or motorcycle rider. Take one if youíve taken a break from riding or youíve never taken one. And once you complete your class and get your motorcycle license, buy yourself a Burgman as soon as possible.

Those of us that ride the Burgman seem to not just like the bike, but **** near love it. I would have no reservations in recommending the Suzuki Burgman scooter (motorcycle) to anyone that wants to experience the fun and thrill of riding on the open road while riding effortlessly on an easy to maneuver scooter with loads of power and storage.

2006 Burgman 650
Garmin NUVI GPS
Cruise Control
taller Givi Windshield
Givi E33 Top Box
Driver's Backrest from Jac Vinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Are you satisfied with the stock seat on the Burgman 650?

The stock seat may not be as cushy as some want,
but it is not "as hard as a park bench".

With the addition of a back rest, I find it quite satisfactory.

What are some other opinions?

Was the 2013 redesign an improvement?

--Steve

2006 Burgman 650
Garmin NUVI GPS
Cruise Control
taller Givi Windshield
Givi E33 Top Box
Driver's Backrest from Jac Vinson
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM

Garage
I saw this in the quote...

Youíre right about the difficulties of the seat. There is a guy in Cincinnati who specializes in fixing Burg 400 and 650 seats.

Who is that in Cincinnati?

Shawn

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Insane Poster

Location: Auburn WA Where God takes Vacation. ***TRAVEL STOP***
http://burgmanbrothers.com/index.html is the one.

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

SSG/E6 Retired US ARMY Signal Corp. 9th Signal Bn, Forward.

160,000 miles on a CAR TIRE/DARKSIDE.

On a Achilles ATR-K Economist 155/65 HR 14,
Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

***TRAVEL STOP*** Camp, tools, Wifi,.....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_J View Post
Thanks! Sent him a email!

Shawn
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
I am waiting to see if I am getting a newer model this season. If not I will be shipping off the seat for a full gel and two tone his work looks great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.