Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

VVME HID LIGHTS

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Dave_J 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased the VVME.COM 50/55 watt HID kit instead of the standard kit ?

#2 ·
Well I guess these HIDS are to new for this request !!!!!!! :eek: I'll just wait maybe somebody has purchased it !!!!

#3 ·
Well, you could wait longer than 8 hours. :p

This board seems to be more active on weekday evenings than 1pm-9pm on a Saturday.

#4 ·
I was thinking of buying one.

Price difference is not that much but gives a lot more light out.

#5 ·
Okay, I've "researched" these about as much as I'm willing to... Retards-R-Us and crew have commented regarding the lack of relays in all but the bi-Xenon kits, but just ignore them. They really have no clue about what they are talking about, and it's just a waste and heap of frustration to even reference it. HID lights don't need "way more amps" to power the ballasts than conventional vehicular lighting systems.

Now, what you should be aware of is that these seem to be one of the systems from the "Orient" (China, Korea, Indonesia, etc...) and may, again I say MAY, have ballasts that use poor quality components. Many such systems have reputedly been prone to premature failure of ballasts and bulbs (which may again be attributed to poor quality ballasts which do not properly regulate the AC current/Voltage ratio). The general consensus seems to stick with systems that utilize the German or American made ballasts and bulbs for the most reliability. The "Chinese" systems are cheaper, but like scooters, steel, and most electronics bearing the "Made in China" seal of approval, "cheaper" seems to be synonymous with "Cheap".

That's about all I can offer. May be a great system, but they're fighting a bad history of bad products that has seriously marred the reputation of most "Chinese" products. That said, they already have a leg up on the competition with their customer service and support. Lots of good reviews regarding that, so far.

#6 ·
Thanks for your thoughts,Iagree with you ....DOC

#7 ·
TheBlackMoon said:
Okay, I've "researched" these about as much as I'm willing to... Retards-R-Us and crew have commented regarding the lack of relays in all but the bi-Xenon kits, but just ignore them. They really have no clue about what they are talking about, and it's just a waste and heap of frustration to even reference it. HID lights don't need "way more amps" to power the ballasts than conventional vehicular lighting systems.

Now, what you should be aware of is that these seem to be one of the systems from the "Orient" (China, Korea, Indonesia, etc...) and may, again I say MAY, have ballasts that use poor quality components. Many such systems have reputedly been prone to premature failure of ballasts and bulbs (which may again be attributed to poor quality ballasts which do not properly regulate the AC current/Voltage ratio). The general consensus seems to stick with systems that utilize the German or American made ballasts and bulbs for the most reliability. The "Chinese" systems are cheaper, but like scooters, steel, and most electronics bearing the "Made in China" seal of approval, "cheaper" seems to be synonymous with "Cheap".

That's about all I can offer. May be a great system, but they're fighting a bad history of bad products that has seriously marred the reputation of most "Chinese" products. That said, they already have a leg up on the competition with their customer service and support. Lots of good reviews regarding that, so far.
That is why I went with DDM Tuning ( https://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?pcs ... nt=61&pg=1 ).
All DDM HID kits come standard with a FREE lifetime warranty. This is an important consideration. Many retailers charge extra for this. Also, Apexcone has been in business since 2001. So you can be assured that we will be there for service if you ever need it.

#8 ·
which kit and or harness' did you buy ??????

#9 ·
DDM 35W & 55W Dual Motorcycle HID System http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=pr ... &parent=61 35W ... the 55W was not available two years ago though I know several that have since purchased the 55W. I have a Honda SilverWing ... so now my low-beam and high-beam are both HIDs.

In that time frame the wire harness came with the HIDs .... though I did not not use the harness provided because I used power distribution and grounding blocks for additional power usages.

#10 ·
Has anyone purchased the VVME.COM 50/55 watt HID kit ... anybody, anybody, bueller, bueller ?????

#11 ·
Motorcycle Consumer News did an article on the Bi-Xinon kit in Aug or Jul. Rated it very high, for performance, and easy of installation. I will be installing a pair this winter. Also saw a b400 at the Mid-Atlantic Scooter Rally in Sept. light wae very powerful and white, owner,Techartguy, really likes the, said improvement over stock was dramatic... :cheers:

#12 ·
Thanks guys I bought the 55 watt kit !!!!!

#13 ·
Dang, it's about time you quit dragging your feet :lol:

Let us know how you like the 55 watt kit when you get it installed :)

#15 ·
Don't buy your stuff from VVME.

My HID-lights didn't work and I wanted warranty exchange or my money back. The guy from the customer care was not willingly to give me their address so I could send the lights back and I also did not get any money refund.

Keep off this store!!!!

#18 ·
not VVME but theses from Innovited. Ask for the motorcycle harness and they will give it to you free of charge. Customer service is excellent with this guys based in Chicago or somewhere in Illinois.

#19 ·
#20 ·
What's the big deal about all these LED and HID Lights? My stock headlights on my 400 and on my 650 are just fine. I do most of my riding at night, and I can see the road light up in front of my just fine. I see no need to improve the lighting.

#21 · (Edited)
When I am running standard H4 or 9003 bulbs I tend to over drive them with ease. Going to a Silverstar ULTRA 9003 is one of the best light patterns I have seen but you will only get about 1 year of use before they burn out.

I have a complete H4 conversion HID set with a moving shutter low/high beam. They caused too much left lane glare, OK for the UK but not on us RIGHT side riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.