New forum issues - passwords - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

New forum issues - passwords

There have been a few issues reported via PM/email/or other private means that might effect members. I'm starting this thread to post public answers as they are addressed and to have a central thread for relaying information.

The first one is that some members passwords were not converted during the upgrade. Those members have to select a new password via the forums and must use their username and email address to retrieve a password. When changing the password, the forum now has a requirement that you select a secure password. You must use mixed case letters and number(s). Valid examples are :
  • MyNewPassword2[/*:m:3rtniat4]
  • new2Password[/*:m:3rtniat4]
  • New2password[/*:m:3rtniat4]
  • Pass1234[/*:m:3rtniat4]
  • MyNEWPASSWORD2[/*:m:3rtniat4]

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'03 Burgman 400 in silver (rebuilt)
'08 Burgman 400 in red - FOR SALE
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Error using the back button after posting

One issue that was reported by a forum tester before we went to production is that when using the web browser 'Back' button after some form entry tasks (such as posting a new message or sending a PM), a "Page Expired" error was displayed. The error does not occur on all machines and is related to incorrect cached form handling in some web browsers... Namely, Internet Explorer.
'
The only solutions found are :
  • Click the back button again to get past the error[/*:m:2127u2cf]
  • Don't use the back button. Instead use the forum links to navigate the site as intended.[/*:m:2127u2cf]
  • Use another browser... such as FireFox.[/*:m:2127u2cf]

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Re: New forum issues - Can't edit posts

Quote:
I can't edit my posts.
This is almost correct. You can't edit your old posts. You can only edit posts you made in the last hour. After an hour you either have to make a new post or request a moderator to make the change for you. The reason for needing this limit is that in the past, some members have gone thru and deleted the content of their posts when leaving the forums. Not only does this make a thread sometimes hard to understand, it also can remove information that may be helpful to other members of the forum. And that's the whole reason for BurgmanUSA, to share information.

By posting on the forums, you are granting BurgmanUSA the perpetual right to display that content. BurgmanUSA does not claim to own nor have any copyright to the information. Much like a letter to the editor of a newspaper or a comment sent to a magazine, you can't go back and ask them to remove it from all printed copies. If there needs to be minor corrections (ie - change a link) to an older post, a mod can make the change for you. Hint - You can use the "report this post" link on any post to report your own post and edits needed can be entered in the 'Further information' field rather than sending it to a specific mod / admin.

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Re: New forum issues - no buttons to post

"I can't find any way to post on the new site."

This specific issue was tracked down to be a Windows setting that only was noticed after the upgrade to the new forum software. The originally reported issue was that there were no post or reply buttons visible anymore. In further investigation, it was found that several other elements were also not being displayed. The problem was exhibited in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

The solution was to turn off the "high contrast" option under 'Display' tab in the 'Accessibility' options of the control panel.

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 AM

Re: New forum issues - passwords

I was having this login problem from about 5pm CST to about 11:30pm CST. I was putting in my username and password and after one time it was saying I reached the maximum and I needed to enter the captcha. I would enter my username, password and captcha answer and it was still saying it was incorrect and I could not log in.

I even tried requesting "I've forgotten my password" in case I was putting it in wrong but never received an email.

I don't know why I couldn't log on during this time.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Turbo Poster

Garage

I suddenly developed an odd issue in that in the middle of a session, I would have to re-enter a password.. no consitency to it.. sometimes after a post, sometimes after hitting my back button to unread entries and so on.. Just a pain to have to re-enter the password again..

Finding a new way home from work every day

Bikes: 2012- Burgman 650 Exec.. (White) Givi E 55 top case , BrakeAway Throttle control, Garmin Zumo 665 with Interphone F5 Headset, Corbin seat with back rest; Laminar Lip
sold: 2009-2012 MP3 500 (Demon Red)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Turbo Poster

I just experienced the same problem as "bulldog89" with the exceeded number of login attempts at about 9:30 AM on 2/28/13. I also has to "solve" the extra question, captcha, at the bottom. I was in yesterday with no problems! Also, I had to logon twice as I guess it didn't like my answer the first time!

'05 400 in Stealth Silver-gone
2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S in Yellow
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 03:52 PM

login

I havenít been on BurgmanUSA in a while and now it wonít let me in with my old info. I tried to register anew but still rejects me. Is there anyone out there that ca help me get back in? I ride a 2009 650. Thank you.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Do you recall what your old username was? If you can send us a PM with the username and email that you used on that account we'll take a look at it and see if we can get that account working again.

~Sheena
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:28 AM

AHA...mystery solved!! ..glad it got sorted out, was very frustrating!! ...KEN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.