Slow Site and Effect on MY Computer - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Turbo Poster

I've had similar problems in the past year. Not just with this particular site - all sites. I finally figured out what it was and it surprised me. I usually have 3 FireFox windows open with 3-6 tabs in each window. My favorite weather site is Weather Underground which reloads frequently - maybe once or twice each 5 minutes and sometimes not so often. Whenever it reloads (they call it rapid-fire) it causes my mouse and keyboard to work slowly - jerky - or not at all until the page finishes reloading. I'm currently using Linux Ubuntu (15.10) which seems the problem is not as bad as on Windows 7 and 10 but it still affects Linux as well. Scrolling a page or using the mouse or typing was all but impossible with Windows for 5-10 seconds while the page reloads. With Linux it usually scrolls ok but can still be an irritant at times.

I have 12GB of RAM and a 4/10 core AMD A8-7600 combo CPU-GPU. Mouse/keyboard are LogiTech wireless with the unifying (single) USB transceiver. Any more I just don't leave the WU webpage up - I close out that tab - when I want to check the weather I pull it up in a new tab. I made several inquiries to WU with no responses from the webmaster - seems they couldn't care less what havoc their software is causing on PC's.

2008 650 Executive 'Darksided' on 5/17/2013 - Federal FORMOZA FD1 165/60R14 75H BSW

Givi 46L Standard Top Box
Clearview Large Shield with Vent

Avatar - 1969 Kawasaki H1 500cc triple - Yup - used to have one!

Riding MC's since 1965

Cages: 1971 Karmann Ghia - 2012 Nissan Leaf SL - 2006 Buick LaCrosse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Hi,

When you say that it freezes up for you, is it just the site that hangs or does your whole computer freeze up? If it is just the site, can you please take a screenshot of the progress bar when you notice the site hanging?

~Sheena

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.