Slow Site and Effect on MY Computer - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

I'm still experiencing the same issues.

It occurs at any time of day or night. Sometimes it's a minor distraction, other times, like a few minutes ago, it just brings me to a standstill. I've already checked on the issues of memory and browser issues. I typically using one or two tabs, but, like now, I usually work with one tab open.

While typing this short post, I probably froze 10-12 times. Now that I leave the site, I have to cleanup all history and cookies. I will also need to restart.

I don't experience this in any other site I routinely visit. .

I'm not laying blame anywhere, but clearly something is amiss..

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Turbo Poster

I have no idea what caused my issues using chrome at work. I've been using chrome since I joined and have had no problems until the last two months. But either way, I switched to Firefox at work and now all is well.

2004 Burgman 400
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Insane Poster

currrl1,
I'm using Chrome on a Win 10 i5 Computer with no problems at all, no slowdowns, no freezes, no nothing, anytime day or night on Brighthouse Cable 15K. I just type and post with ease. I never go in and clear anything out myself. As I said before I use free software utilities to automatically clear out my computer, Avast for Antivirus, IObit ASC, IObit Malware Fighter, IObit Smart Defragmenter, IObit Driver Booster, & Piriform CC Cleaner. I run all this stuff every night before I shut down my computer, and much of it works in the background. They seem to work very well to keep my computer running good. I can have as much stuff open as I want all the time, for as long as I want with no problem. Back in the "GOOD OLD DAYS" before we had this nice free software, I used to have nightmares over computer crashes, but not anymore, everything is safe and back up and running good.
I don't know much about Mac's, and I don't know if you can run this automatic utility software, but you should look for something to care for your computer. I'm sure there's got to be a lot of Mac Heads out there that know how to deal with this issue.
Good Luck with it,
Al

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by currrl1 View Post
I'm still experiencing the same issues.

It occurs at any time of day or night. Sometimes it's a minor distraction, other times, like a few minutes ago, it just brings me to a standstill. I've already checked on the issues of memory and browser issues. I typically using one or two tabs, but, like now, I usually work with one tab open.

While typing this short post, I probably froze 10-12 times. Now that I leave the site, I have to cleanup all history and cookies. I will also need to restart.

I don't experience this in any other site I routinely visit. .

I'm not laying blame anywhere, but clearly something is amiss..
Have you tried installing an adblocker as suggested by some of the other users in this thread? It seems to be a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xringracing View Post
I have no idea what caused my issues using chrome at work. I've been using chrome since I joined and have had no problems until the last two months. But either way, I switched to Firefox at work and now all is well.
When you use chrome at your home computer, are you coming across the same issues?

Richard.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
I use Mozilla FireFox, AdAware and Ghostery. I also prefer the old style pages. Right now there are 7 Advertising Trackers &
2 Site Analytics
I have no problem with delays here at all. I also see no Ads whatsoever. Mozilla also offers a FaceBook Ad Killer too. Want me too buy something? Have a respected forum member give me a rundown on a product and if I think I can use it...well, I have been know to purchase it before finishing the thread. Oh, something I do regularly is to use CCleaner to knock off junk that could eventually slow down my pc. I have used Malawarebytes too but in the two years that I used it, there was nothing that it found except for some cookies that CCleaner takes care of, so I got rid it. I will try it again, you never know.

Blue AN400 K7
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Nelson Rigg 850 Saddle Bags
Boulevard C50T K8
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Well let us know, and if you notice that the site is always waiting on a certain process, let us know that too.

Kevin
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Thank you all for your advise...!

I have just downloaded Firefox and, other than an occasional hiccup when scrolling ... so far so good.

I haven't gone ahead with any of the other suggestions just yet, hoping that this will do the job.

Typing this post has been uninterrupted and all seems to be gong smoothly.

I will let members know if this has indeed resolved my issues.

Again, so far... so good

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

My second attempt at this ....

Apparently I spoke too soon...!

Just after submitting above post, I received a "Warning Unresponsive Script" pop up. Never saw one of these before. Also, for a few minutes I started to have the problems previously noted. NOW.... it seems to be flowing smoothly again.

What in the world.................!?!?

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

fyi...

Right after my last post... everything crashed!

I just now got my computer back to the way it was before installing Firefox. Whatever is the problem, my issues were exclusively while in the Burgman site. Its probably best that I deal with the occasional issues I have with this site rather than go through all that again.

Again, thanks to all for your suggestions.

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Administrator

I'm glad it has gotten better.

Are you still coming across the slowness?

Richard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.