Covers for 2003 Burgman 400 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Covers for 2003 Burgman 400

Can anyone suggest replacement covers for my 2003 Burgman 400. i still using an original Suzuki stock large traditional cover bought in 2006. I'm interested in a selection of after markets covers. In particular a smaller cover that can be put on for "quick" overnights to keep the dew off the windshield and Corbin seat. Any thoughts and links to aftermarket suppliers would be appreciated. Thanks, tomromero100@gmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
I had picked up a nice one from Cyclegear. Maybe 50 or so.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
I use a
CoverMax Deluxe cover CoverMax Deluxe cover
for any sort of serious outdoor parking--I also have a lightweight silver polyester cover from Walmart (packs up to a very small package and was only $20 IIRC) that is good just to keep dust and dew off...

-cliff knight-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Super Poster

Scooter Cover

I found an XL motorcycle cover on eBay for under $25 and I was very suspicious. I had purchased cheap covers before and they tore up in the first windstorm.

I purchased it because I left my
Champion cover Champion cover
on the ground while my bike was in the shop for a couple of weeks. Some ants decided to make it their home and they added some new tunnels. They had little problem chewing through the cloth.

I have been very satisfied with the Champion cover (Amazon $37 for the 650 + $10 shpg.). The first one lasted 8 years. The new one uses a different material and appears to be even more resistant to rips (but not very resistant to ants.

The cheap dust cover uses a much lighter weight cloth but appears to be well made. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly which one I ordered and if I could you would not necessarily get exactly the same product.

If you have a t-box, make sure that the cover you purchase will cover it.

In windstorms, scooter covers will blow off (and away) if they are not tied down. I have a mine cabled to a tree in the front and use a shock cord to secure the sides. The champion has reinforced grommets that will not rip out.

Last edited by sbett; 10-08-2014 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added text
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Turbo Poster

Where are you located?

Heading to the islands...

--------------------------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.