Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Covers for 2003 Burgman 400

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kwajman 
#1 ·
Can anyone suggest replacement covers for my 2003 Burgman 400. i still using an original Suzuki stock large traditional cover bought in 2006. I'm interested in a selection of after markets covers. In particular a smaller cover that can be put on for "quick" overnights to keep the dew off the windshield and Corbin seat. Any thoughts and links to aftermarket suppliers would be appreciated. Thanks, tomromero100@gmail.com

#4 · (Edited)
Scooter Cover

I found an XL motorcycle cover on eBay for under $25 and I was very suspicious. I had purchased cheap covers before and they tore up in the first windstorm.

I purchased it because I left my on the ground while my bike was in the shop for a couple of weeks. Some ants decided to make it their home and they added some new tunnels. They had little problem chewing through the cloth.

I have been very satisfied with the Champion cover (Amazon $37 for the 650 + $10 shpg.). The first one lasted 8 years. The new one uses a different material and appears to be even more resistant to rips (but not very resistant to ants:).

The cheap dust cover uses a much lighter weight cloth but appears to be well made. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly which one I ordered and if I could you would not necessarily get exactly the same product.

If you have a t-box, make sure that the cover you purchase will cover it.

In windstorms, scooter covers will blow off (and away) if they are not tied down. I have a mine cabled to a tree in the front and use a shock cord to secure the sides. The champion has reinforced grommets that will not rip out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.