OIL LIGHT ON - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Thank you Tony for providing the correct information on how to turn off the blasted light. MY manual provided incorrect information on how to do it. It told me to push a button that doesn't exist, along with the select button

I made my hubby come out and see if he could figure it out and he got just as frustrated as I had. Finally, I found this thread.

Thanks Norman for suggesting it get moved to this section, I never would have found it otherwise

kelly v.
650K7 "Vlad"
'04 Silver 400 "Sophie"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to lrmiller01
Re: OIL LIGHT ON

I just purchased a K3 heavy with 5000 miles on it..

Just under the Tach on the left (at 0-1000rpm) there is a little OIL symbol..

I changed the oil and filter even though the dealer said all fluilds had been checked/changed...

Is this symbol supposed to be there? What does it mean? Can i get rid of it? If so, How do i get rid of it?

Is this the OIL check or change indicator? I do not have an owners manual..yet

Thanks..
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Super Poster

I don't know how the K3 works, but if the light is the change oil light, it will reset if you turn off the bike, press the select and reset buttons on the right side simultaneously, turn the ignition to on, and wait just a few seconds. It will reset itself and go out.

If instead its the check oil light, put the bike on the center stand, get down on your hands and knees and check the sight glass which is on the left side of the bike, below the floorboard. I need a flashlight to see this. If the sight glass is clear, the oil level is low and you shouldn't run it. If the sight glass is amber colored like motor oil, run the bike for a minute, then shut it off and give it a couple of minutes to drain. If the glass is still fully covered amber, you're over filled and some oil will have to come out. If the amber color is in the middle of the two marks on the sight glass, your level is OK. You could have an oil pump pressure issue, or you could have an oil pressure sensor issue. The former is bad. The latter isn't too bad. Either would need to be repaired.

Via con Dios!

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmiller01
...Is this the OIL check or change indicator?
It's the "Low Oil Level" warning. (The "Change Oil" indicator is just below it, visible when your oil change interval comes along.)

If this indicator is on when the bike is on level ground at a steady speed, you have enough oil left to do the job but only just barely. The oil level is probably low enough that there's none visible in the sight glass. (On the other hand, if the level in the sight glass is normal, you may have a bad sensor.)

If this is the only indicator that's on, check the oil level and add more if needed. (Frequently, after changing the filter you'll need to "top off" the oil level after the first time you run the engine, because the filter will have absorbed some.)

If the red "Low Oil Pressure" light on the right side of the panel comes on while the engine is running, though, that's when you're in immediate peril of oil starvation and need to shut down the engine.

HTH.

óBrianó Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

Silver AN650K3 since June 9, 2004.

CH250 Elite '85 - '87
CH125 Elite '84 - '85
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Super Poster

lrmill01

This may help.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28489&p=266832#p266832

Talmadge
"Burgermiester"
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to lrmiller01

Thanks Much.. thats it exactly.. mildly confusing...Japanesse sense of humor..
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Turbo Poster

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1620
I have a K4 2004 Burgman400 and the oil change light can be switched off as follows:-
1/ Press and continue to hold in the right button marked ADJ, IGN is OFF.
2/ Turn ON the ignition.
3/ Continue to hold in the ADJ button and then the change light will start to flast and then go out.
It is now reset.

If you wish to adjust the interval betwwen oil changes:-
1/ Turn ON the IGN.
2/ Press in and hold the ADJ button and continue to hold for many seconds!
3/ The left side LCD (ODM meter and trip meters) will change to show the inteval in miles. Reduce and Increase with the SET and ADJ buttons.
4/ Leave for a few seconds and the new value will be stored.
Hope this helps.
anyone know how to turn off the OIL CHANGE light on a K7 400? the method above didnt work for me. I just had the oil changed at the dealer, the light had not come on yet and now I noticed it on the way home from the beach today.

thanks in advance,
BB

'09 AN650EXEC - commuter/cruiser/APV
'07 Genuine Buddy 125 Italia - her commuter
'05 TGB 50 - his BeachBuzzer
'09 Honda Metropolitan - her BeachBuzzer
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
JT
Insane Poster

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBuzz
anyone know how to turn off the OIL CHANGE light on a K7 400? the method above didnt work for me. I just had the oil changed at the dealer, the light had not come on yet and now I noticed it on the way home from the beach today.

thanks in advance,
BB
Start with the key off. Press and hold the SEL button. Turn the key on. Wait about 3 seconds for the Change Oil indicator to blink 3 times and turn off. Release the SEL button.

2007 Burgman 400 "Uma-chan" ???? RIP@13867 miles
2004 Vespa ET4 "Chile Rey"
2009 Suzuki TU250X "Red Menace"
2009 Suzuki GS500F "Black Magic"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Turbo Poster

thanks JT

do you know if you can set or check the INTERVAL??

'09 AN650EXEC - commuter/cruiser/APV
'07 Genuine Buddy 125 Italia - her commuter
'05 TGB 50 - his BeachBuzzer
'09 Honda Metropolitan - her BeachBuzzer
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 AM
JT
Insane Poster

Supposedly the interval can be changed. Instructions in the Owner's Manual haven't worked for me so far.

2007 Burgman 400 "Uma-chan" ???? RIP@13867 miles
2004 Vespa ET4 "Chile Rey"
2009 Suzuki TU250X "Red Menace"
2009 Suzuki GS500F "Black Magic"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.