DIY -- Burgman 650 Spark PLug Maintenance - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

DIY -- Burgman 650 Spark PLug Maintenance

Here is a step by step how-to document that shows you how to change the spark plugs on a Burgman 650.

Spark Plug Maintenance

I hope it proves to be of some help... I just did mine and all I can say is be patient and it will happen. This particular maintenance
task requies a lot of patience mainly because of the limited space that we have to work in behind the radiator. Make sure
your OEM tool set has the spark plug adaptor.

My plugs definitely needed to be replaced at 18k miles. I was going to wait until I changed my front tire but I am glad I got to it
sooner as they looked pretty worn out. I will be changing mine every 10k miles from here on as I have switched to a 5k service maintenance interval now that my warranty is up.

Good Luck...

Happy Riding . . . . .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LeDude .... . . . . . .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Insane Poster

Re: DIY -- Burgman 650 Spark PLug Maintenance

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

'06 Burgman 400, '06 Burgman 650 - The GRINerators.....and a '06 Hi-Vis Yellow DR650SE
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via AIM to flyerjmr33

You did good--- but-- steps 17 & 18 are reversed.

JR
Remember, no one is totally usless. They can always be used as a bad example!
****TRAVEL STOP****

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjmr33
not exactly sure how you can install the radiator boot/cover after closing it up... you will have to show me that one...

Happy Riding . . . . .

LeDude .... . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via AIM to flyerjmr33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjmr33
not exactly sure how you can install the radiator boot/cover after closing it up... you will have to show me that one...
I was thinking that the radiator cover was what you were refering to--- the first thing you removed---

JR
Remember, no one is totally usless. They can always be used as a bad example!
****TRAVEL STOP****
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Update. New link to how-to doc

Spark Plug Maintenance Guide

Happy Riding . . . . .

LeDude .... . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 PM

thank you so much. i now feel more confident on changing the spark plugs on my own. two questions though.
the first: do i have to take the front left plastic panels off or was it done just to get a better picture?
the second: last time i tryed to change the sparkplugs i found out that the spark plug caps where on there really tight.
is that normal? i don't wantto brake anything.
thanks
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundomouet
...two questions though. the first: do i have to take the front left plastic panels off or was it done just to get a better picture?
the second: last time i tryed to change the sparkplugs i found out that the spark plug caps where on there really tight. is that normal? i don't wantto brake anything.thanks
You don't really have to take any tupperware off to change the spark plugs, I happend to do mine while I was doing something else hence the pictures without the tupperware.

The only part that you have to remove is the lower radiator cover/rad. The caps are on pretty tight, just take your time and wiggle them out slowly, they will pop out, be careful not to hit the back of the radiator when removing the caps, it's a pretty confined space.

good luck....

Happy Riding . . . . .

LeDude .... . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 12:23 AM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Does anyone have this step by step?

SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 04:17 PM
Administrator

If you click on the link in Le Dudes signature a whole wonderful world of help opens up.

I also include here a direct link to the spark plug maintenance page you are seeking.
gec343 likes this.

An expert = ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.
AN650AL0 (new toy)
AN650K4 (Av 44mpUSG) (Sold 11/4/2010)
AN400 - 2001 (Sold 8/13/05)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.