Isuzu Rodeo headrest to backrest mod - with pics - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Isuzu Rodeo headrest to backrest mod - with pics

Mark,

The tubing is used as filler to make a snug fit. There's nothing in place to keep the backrest from being slid out the front of the seat other than friction.

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'03 Burgman 400 in silver (rebuilt)
'08 Burgman 400 in red - FOR SALE
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Apologies, Bill, I was looking to see what, if any, support under the seat, to stop the tubing moving vertically, and stressing against the underside of the seat, but closing my eyes, I think i can now visualise the setup, from what you have just said.

thanks. Will be looking into this, for mine. Pity I don't know one end of a Watchamicallit from an Whosidiggy....

But I do know people who do.....

Thanks

Mark

Silver 650 Exec K9
Givi topbox
TomTom Rider Pro
RAM Reservoir mount
Cardo Scala Solo Rider

And remember: Rubber Side Down
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Administrator

No apologies necessary Mark. If you look at the stock buttrest, the rods that slide back into the seat provide all the vertical support. The screws used only keep the buttrest from sliding forward out of the seat when doing adjustment and aren't really needed. If you think about it, there's not really any vertical load on the stock buttrest. The Isuzu backrest mod does put quite a bit more load on the seat rail slots. But there's a lot of people that are using the Isuzu backrest without any problems being reported so far. So I wouldn't be concerned.

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'03 Burgman 400 in silver (rebuilt)
'08 Burgman 400 in red - FOR SALE
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 03:19 PM

I see this post was originally for 650 owners. I was wondering if this mod would work on the 2007 400? I see some replies by 400 owners but none indicating they have actually been successful in implementing this mod. The reason for my question is that on the backrest ordering site they have two different types specifically for 650 and 400 models. I would appreciate someone helping me before I pick up an Isuzu headrest.

Thanks

Moe.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Turbo Poster

Moe,
Yes, they do work for 400's. I have both the 650 and 400 backrest's available. PM me if interested.

ASA, "In god we trust, all others we monitor"
Old Guys Rule

Black 2008 Burgman 650 Exec.
White 2009 Burgman 650 Exec.
Grip Puppies
Twin Fiamm blaster horns
Isuzu backrest
Gel seat pad
Garmin 750 GPS
LED turn signals on mirrors
Kahtec Brake Light Modulator
Nelson Riggs Touring Saddlebags
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 PM

Just came across this thread, good to hear there are other Aussies out there with same mixed feelings about the comfort of their Burgy seat. Mark, I have had my Burg for a couple of years now and most of the time the Airhawk does the job OK - but when you mentioned the constant attempt to push back against the buttrest for support, it suddenly hit me - that's exactly what I find myself doing all the time whenever I ride for more than half an hour at a stretch. And I don't think it's got anything to do with how tall you are - it's more the slight forward slope on the seat that seems to do it.

So - it's off the the junkyard TODAY for one of those Rodeo head rests.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Super Poster

Send a message via AIM to Mmmburrrger Send a message via MSN to Mmmburrrger

I've been gone from BurgmanUSA for awhile now and to this day am still surprised at how many people are enjoying this mod I invented over five years ago. The one thing to remember for the one's who are doing this mod is to remove the metal backing plate (the one with the two metal tubes attached) from the original buttstop. This part is then hidden under your seat cover and is there to provide support for the headrest. Removing the seat cover is as easy as removing staples from paper.

Poor me, poor me, pour me another one.
AN650K5
08 Kawasaki C14
Pioneer of the ISUZU backrest mod
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Super Poster

Found a Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo headrest at a 4X4 wreckers, they wanted $55!!!!

Went to the normal cars-type wreckers next door with my trusty tape measure, found that the headrest from a late-ish 90s Honda Jazz has the same spacing for the support bars (160mm) and the same tube diameter (3/8")
$13 later.......

'DrPhil'
Phil Creer
SAS Club Coordinator
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SAS Maxi-scooter Coordinator
MRASA Forum Admin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MRASA C/tee Member
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Super Poster

Another pic:

'DrPhil'
Phil Creer
SAS Club Coordinator

SAS Maxi-scooter Coordinator
MRASA Forum Admin

MRASA C/tee Member
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 02:02 PM

Are your back rests complete and ready to install? If yes, can I have your website or phone number. Thanks.

My name is John and my phone is 952 567 4009

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.