How do I reset the oil change light ov Burgman 650??? - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How do I reset the oil change light ov Burgman 650???

I purchased my bike (SCOOTER) in Feb. 07, and have changed the oil/filter @ 489 miles, prior to the light coming on. I had a road trip planned and new I would not be in a position to change the oil etc. at the scheduled 600 mile service. I actual went past the 600 mile service by 280 miles. I did schedule an appointment with my dealer next week to take care of this. I need to know how to reset the oil change light on the dash of my BURGMAN 650! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Custom "JOE WOLF" trailer Hitch
Custom Diamond Plate Trailer w/LED's
Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through CHRIST who gives me STRENGHTH !
SIX-FIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to january14

Try this:

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15765

Joe
january14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

In addition to resetting that reminder light, you can also change the interval that makes the reminder come on, once it goes past the first 600 miles, which is factory preset, and can't be changed.
I wish there was a way to shut off the reminder. I can remember to change my oil on my own.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default How do I reset the oil change light

Thanks Joe and Brewman for your response. I finally pressed both reset buttons and held them while turning on the ignition, the oil change reminder light flashed a few times, and then went out. NOW THAT WAS EASY!!! OH, by the way, I LOVE MY 650! My Triumph Rocket III riding buddy just doesn't get it. (NOT MOCHO ENOUGH I GUESS?) I have had many other bikes in the past including a Honda Valkyrie Interstate (AWSOME BIKE) , Honda Shadow A.C.E. Tourer, Kawasaki KZ 350 3 cylinder 2 stroke (FAST BIKE IN IT'S TIME) and several mini bikes as a child. I think the Burgman 650 is step up from most of these bikes because it does everything well. In town riding, or cruising at or above posted highway speeds (70-85 MPH) on the interstate is a breeze! I could go on and on about my Burgman, but I'll save some of my excitement for another posting. Thanks again!
Custom "JOE WOLF" trailer Hitch
Custom Diamond Plate Trailer w/LED's
Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through CHRIST who gives me STRENGHTH !
SIX-FIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Your Buddy's Comments

Why not just ask him why he prefers to ride a last century bike instead of one from the 21st century ?

With a powerful computer to control the transmission and another to control the fuel injection and enough band width between them to carry half the Internet, the bike is truly a 21st century machine.

Your buddy's on the other hand with manual everything dates back to the early years of last century.

Richard
Mississauga, Ontario
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by january14
THANK YOU! That was bugging the **** out of me. So easy.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Re: How do I reset the oil change light ov Burgman 650???

I will agree, my 26th motorcycle is my favorite, I love my 2012 Burgman.
Bully is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default oil change light

Everytime I bring this up I am told to look at this link below. I can tell you it does not work for a 2012. But if hold in the select button and then you turn on the key and just keep pressing the select button for 3 seconds, the light will blink and go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by january14 View Post

Last edited by Quail; 11-14-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Bike Type: 2013 Burgman 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
Everytime I bring this up I am told to look at this link below. I can tell you it does not work for a 2012. But if hold in the select button and then you turn on the key and just keep pressing the select button for 3 seconds, the light will blink and go out.
I can confirm that on a 2013 Burgman if you hold the select button for 3 seconds after turning on the key the indicator light for change oil flashes and then goes off.

Ross
czechphotoguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.