Tupperware mounting points - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Tupperware mounting points

Don't know if they've done this, but it sure would be nice if they beefed up the mounting points on the tupperware, mainly the hooks on the tail and the front mounts on the leg shields.

Also, how about offering a front fender 'mud flap'? I've got nearly 87k on my 2005 and over the years little chunks of asphalt and other debris has either gotten in between the fins, or bent them over. Radiators cost $500 to replace.

I was once asked if I was scared riding all over the country by myself, "NEVER!" I replied, but there was this one time in Mexico....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Insane Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to ChipDoc

2007 Burgman 650
Pearl Glass White
Givi windscreen
Givi E450 trunk
Bestbackrest
RAM Mount
Garmin Nuvi 50LM
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Don't know if they've done this, but it sure would be nice if they beefed up the mounting points on the tupperware, mainly the hooks on the tail and the front mounts on the leg shields.

Also, how about offering a front fender 'mud flap'? I've got nearly 87k on my 2005 and over the years little chunks of asphalt and other debris has either gotten in between the fins, or bent them over. Radiators cost $500 to replace.
I just finished taking off all the tupperware to do my 14,500 maintenance on my 2008 400. This bike is new to me so I hadn't taken off any of the tupperware before. I found both front mounts broken on the leg shields and one on the tail piece. So, I guess the 400's have the same problems.

John

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
Now, my fender seems more than long enough in the back. Seems like the stock fender to me. Is this just the 400?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 01:46 AM
Insane Poster

This Thread is right on my topic, even if it is almost a year old. Those darn mounting points on the tupperware, mainly the hooks on the tail and the front mounts on the leg shields are really crappy. Mine broke off on the front of the legshields. I've seen some used ones, and they also have the mounting tabs broken off. It is a real shame that Suzuki had to make the tupperware fasteners so flimsy! I have not seen a solution on here, has anyone come up with one?
I had to fix mine, I already had the front of the red left lower leg shield come loose and catch the wind, while I was going 100 mph. It went with a great big bang! Busted the front half of it right off. So I was able to find one used one at a decent price at $50, shipped from Canada, and the color was black. It worked OK, since my B400 scoot is red and black anyway. The problem is that it had the front tabs broken off (not unexpected) so I came up with a solution that I think will hold up and doesn't look too bad, at least its better than it bustin off again. The lower leg shield should have had a 90 degree bend (flange)at the front that is screwed to the plastic beside the radiator. But it only has a small flange at the bottom, and the top fits flush against the side of the scoot. So what I did was drill some small holes (about 3/16 inch), one at the top and one at the bottom, and put a tie wrap thru it and fasten it, on each side of the scoot. You don't really notice it unless you look for it. So I included some pictures of the right side here to show what I did. Left one is the same. Anybody have any better ideas?
Next project is to fix the piece on the back between the tail lights. It has come loose when I hit a bump.

Last edited by E.D.; 05-24-2016 at 02:20 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Super Poster

Temporary fix for plastic panels that have broken mounting points.

The biggest problem is that when one breaks and is not properly repaired, others may break.

When a push pin broke on the panel below the tail light. I used the plastic zip strip solution.
This did not provide a tight enough fit to prevent other mounting points from breaking. It did keep
the panel from falling off.

Since the mounting points have snapped off, I am not sure that there is a solution short of purchasing
a new panel.

My temporary fix is to use clear plastic mailing tape. It is almost invisible and provides a tight fit
between panels for a year or more. It does prevent the problem from getting worse and
if I had used it when the panel first came loose, I would have kept the other mounting points from breaking.

2006 Burgman 650
Garmin NUVI GPS
Cruise Control
taller Givi Windshield
Givi E33 Top Box
Driver's Backrest from Jac Vinson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.