Review of Dnnabeads and Nitrogen - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Review of Dnnabeads and Nitrogen

Last week I had installed the dynabeads and the Nitrogen on my bike at the dealer.
I took a trip to the keys and put about 230 miles on the bike. Some of the roads were new smooth asphalt. I can tell you for sure the difference in ride is noticeable, a softer and much smoother ride. I have used dynabeads and always had great results but on the Burgman being a heavy bike + my 245LB I can see a appreciable difference on new asphalt at any speed is like silk so smooth. I also when from 45-47 MPH to 56MPH mustly because I was cruising 40-60PMH there I do not know how much the nitrogen and beads helped if at all but a noticeable difference again. I will keep on taking notes and keep updating.
I for sure know that the windshield has to go. On the ride it was quite windy and the buffering was bothersome. a sturdier and taller windshield would definitely help.
Next week I will take it for my first service and I already have all the synthetic oils and Iridium plugs for the dealer to install. Then I will take same ride to the Keys (not to the end but way down) Mile marker 78 for those that have been to the keys before. its about 90 miles from my house one way. This time I would have better comparison.
I definitely recommend dynabeads, Nitrogen so far seems good but to early for definite results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 07:51 PM

I run dynobeads and nitrogen and +1on the ride .check out Clearview or Givi windshield .I have clearview with vent and ride with it down so I can c over it .pricey though

Genmar Risers
Iso Grips
Homemade passenger footrests
Clearview Shield med with vent
Kisan Signal Minder
Homemade foam seat Pads
Converted Matzu trunk on Givi rack
Modified Bearcat Backrest
GPS Wiring to Berg Lighter
Bungee Screws
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 08:18 AM
qaz

When you say you went from 45-47mph to 56mph cruising, do you mean at the same RPM's? What difference does nitrogen make in the tires beside costing money?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Super Poster

Nitrogen is a more stable gas for tires in the fact that it doesn't heat up as the tire is rolling down the road, therefore your tire pressure remains at a more consistent value and the tire runs somewhat cooler. Dynabeads are the cats meow for keeping you tire in balance, I've had very good luck running them in my tires.

Greg

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it limits

2009 Burgman 650
1973 CB750
1974 RD350 needs restoration
1976 GT380 needs restoration
1972 U7E Yamaha
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 05:01 PM

Garage
I've been skeptical of Nitrogen until I just tried it. Skeptical because I thought it was more of a gimmick and because just pain old air is already 78% of air as it is. I tried it 4 years ago in my Ford Flex. I didn't notice any change at all in mpg's. What I did notice is that the air pressure never changed, and the tires never "slowly" leaked. I mean I have never had to add / top up the air in the tires since. I used to check the pressure every month, then once a quarter, now I don't bother with them at all.

I haven't put nitrogen in my bike tires yet though.

I've used dynabeads on my FJR and my Judge ever since I found about them. It is really rather dramatic how much smoother they make the ride. I am still in awe as to why weights are still being used on regular wheels.

The most important reason to "Balance and Rotate" your tires every (what ever number you want) miles is so that you get them rebalanced again! With dynbeads the tires are balanced within 10 rotations of rolling the wheel. They stay balanced as long as the wheel is rolling. Tires wear out, and the balance is always changing. With the beads they are always balanced.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/Nitrogen.htm

I've had my FJR at 166 mph (on the dyno) and it looked like it wasn't even moving because there was simply no vibration.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.