Lifeproof LifeActiv multipurpose quick mount review - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 10:52 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
I turn mine off, as the last thing I want to do when riding is listen to phone calls or read texts or email. Put it as far away as possible and only turn it on after I finish riding or want to make a call.
Ya, I gotta agree. I'm not a fan of mounting your emergency communications device on to the handlebars. It belongs in the trunk or pocket or someplace safe. What do you do when it goes skipping off into a ditch after a crash? I had a poorly mounted GPS pop off once and it was DOA from just the fall to the ground doing 40.

Maybe keep a spare burner phone just in case. Personally, I keep a cheap, dedicated GPS mounted and the phone in the trunk.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner

Last edited by Liamjs; 05-15-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 06:12 PM

Garage
In the case of having the phone pops off, I would just create a leash to attach to the case to the bike as a back up.

I need the phone to function as a GPS on routes I do not know where I am going!

-Mario 🐼

2007 Suzuki Burgman AN400 K7
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:34 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post
I stick my phone on with VELCRO, works great. I bought large industrial strength velcro patches at home depot 2' X 4", you can cut to any size or shape you need. You can stick it on in any orientation you want. Holds very firmly. Phone lays nice and flat on any surface. Perfect! I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was less than $5.
I can post pictures later, if anybody is interested, but it looks just like what you would imagine.
For something less permanent, get a roll of the 3/4" double-sided Velcro cargo strap material. Take two loops and thread them through the gap between the front and rear halves of the handlebar cover (there's a tab in the middle, but two 3/4" gaps either side of it), then around the bottom of the rear cover half and back over the top.

At least on the pre-2011 models, the "flat" part of the cover facing the rider isn't quite flat, but you can use bits of the double-sided Velcro strap material as shims under the strap loops to get it close to flat. Better is to use the loops of Velcro to strap down a flat mounting plate (Lexan is probably best, but 1/8" plywood would work as well.)

Not all who wander lack GPS.
Whir-chirp-chirp, purr...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.