2Likes
  • 1 Post By Racer X
  • 1 Post By westnash

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Tucano Urbano Ninja Backpack - detailed owners review

Want to share my review of great and stylish urban backpack for riders from Italian company Tucano Urbano

I've figured out lack of reviews not only for this backpack, but for most TU products in both english and italian internet segments. However I love their products so much, that want to share my own review.

So, let's start Tucano Urbano Ninja Backpack (SKU 462) - 18 liters water repellent Polyester backpack

At first glance it's very simple urban classic backpack. But devil hides in details and small features! Let's start from aesthetics and go to functionality

Tucano Urbano has it's own style across most products for riders REFLACTIVE ® SYSTEM - Visibility On Demand - reflective inserts in gear which improve safety but can be hidden when necessary to get more classic look.

In our case we have reflective stripe on bottom and TU logo on top

There is small pocket beside stripe and logo outside for small stuff like few pack of cigarettes or keys / docs.

There is small mobile phone pocket on the shoulder strap (iPhone 5 goes tight)

Pocket is reflective on one side and can be rotated to other, non-reflecting side. This is how it looks with camera flash

Shoulder straps are comfortable and flexible, can be fastened on chest and waist.

There are "anatomic" inserts on backpack end, which improves air circulation between back and backpack. So far I've tested only with outer clothing and backpack feels like native, really comfortable for me.

There is pocket on bottom with integrated waterproof cover, also there is anti-abrasion reinforcement on the bottom

Waterproof cover is high-viz yellow for maximum visibility in bad weather conditions and fully protects backpack from rain. TU logo is also reflective

There are 2 compartments, first one is for ability to insert CE D3O protection on the back, which can be bought separately

Also can be used as laptop compartment

Main trunk is quite big, also there are 2 small pockets, where you can store passport / earphones / cards or other small stuff

Also there are another big pocket for laptop / documents. 15 inch laptop fits well there.

Backpack comes with spider holder, which can also be used to fix the backpack to a scooter / bike or fix helmet to backpack

And few more photos:

I'm using backpack during everyday commute and it's most comfortable and stylish backpack I ever had. What is huge plus for me, it doesn't look like motorcycle-like monster-transformer backpack, but casual accessory with really nice features. For 80 euros (~88$) I highly recommend it

Thanks for reading this review. Questions are appreciated!

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 05:52 AM
Turbo Poster

When the 56 litres of storage under the seat and the 60 litre top box just isnt enough
Foxyrhei likes this.

Oct 2015 purchased 2007 Phantom Grey Metallic AN650 - 7000 miles
Feb 2016 and have done more miles in 5 months than the previous owner did in 8 years.
Mar 2016 3 MC tires in 17500 miles then went Darkside - Federal Formosa FD1 165/60r 14 - now 8000 miles in and finding it far superior to the MC tyre's.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
When the 56 litres of storage under the seat and the 60 litre top box just isnt enough
Well, point is that you need to move all your stuff from scoot to location! Also when you're moving around with girlfriend, she is using backpack as additional heating accessory

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Insane Poster

I always thought most sportbikers looked like homeless college students... Always with the backpacks. Which is why I like the Burgman, I don't think I've ever need to don one yet.

But as backpacks go, Foxyrhei's looks really nice. I like the helmet holder straps, that's an unusual feature, but totally useful for an MCist.

(Oh, nice cat btw)

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner

Last edited by Liamjs; 02-23-2016 at 10:15 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjs View Post
I always thought most sportbikers looked like homeless college students... Always with the backpacks. Which is why I like the Burgman, I don't think I've ever need to don one yet.

But as backpacks go, Foxyrhei's looks really nice. I like the helmet holder straps, that's an unusual feature, but totally useful for an MCist.

(Oh, nice cat btw)
Hello Liamjs,

Probably in US you have little different situation, but I'm wondering if some of you using scoot as daily commute vehicle from home to work and back, and even you have parking lot just near your office - how you're moving stuff like lunchbox, laptop etc. from scoots trunk to your work desk? I'm pretty sure you're not using plastic shop bags

I've seen that backpacks are very popular for scooter riders in UK and Europe. But what about US?

P.S. I'm usually storing backpack in my Givi case and using it to move my stuff from scoot to office or apartment.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Insane Poster

I have a laptop case that I stuff under the seat. This time of year I find that raingear, laptop case and possibly riding pants for the cold tend to fill the seat pretty quick. I'll be glad when the riding pants get stored for the season, they are the bulkiest of the things I carry. My laptop case is my lunchbox/accessory carrier. It can hold most everything I transport between home and office. I bet it would even fit a laptop.

Ridin' the IceBurg - 10% transportation, 90% fun!
90K and counting.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyrhei View Post
Hello Liamjs,

Probably in US you have little different situation, but I'm wondering if some of you using scoot as daily commute vehicle from home to work and back, and even you have parking lot just near your office - how you're moving stuff like lunchbox, laptop etc. from scoots trunk to your work desk? I'm pretty sure you're not using plastic shop bags

I've seen that backpacks are very popular for scooter riders in UK and Europe. But what about US?

P.S. I'm usually storing backpack in my Givi case and using it to move my stuff from scoot to office or apartment.
Yes, I commute via scoot everyday. And no I don't use plastic shopping bags (Los Angeles county made them illegal). Also Yes, backpacks are popular here too.

I just don't need one. Over the years I've acquired all kinds of bags; cloth shopping bags, lunch coolers, shoulder pouches, even a couple leather attaché cases for business purposes. A backpack just isn't necessary anymore, personally.

But I'm glad you found one you like.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatman128 View Post
I have a laptop case that I stuff under the seat. This time of year I find that raingear, laptop case and possibly riding pants for the cold tend to fill the seat pretty quick. I'll be glad when the riding pants get stored for the season, they are the bulkiest of the things I carry. My laptop case is my lunchbox/accessory carrier. It can hold most everything I transport between home and office. I bet it would even fit a laptop.
What an interesting thing! Never seen suck before.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 03:51 AM
Insane Poster

Thanks but prefer pictures of Moldovan Scooter Girls to Moldovan Scooter Cats!
hotdogdavis2 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.