Please post questions for this section *HERE* - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Insane Poster

Re: Please post questions for this section *HERE*

If we think a review is way off-base (like the recent Stop-n-Go review), and since reviews are locked, how can useful retort be made for visitors relying on these reviews to evaluate products?

Can we write separate "counter" reviews?

For example, I'm quite sure the Stop-n-Go reviewer improperly used his Stop-n-Go, since simple physics makes it incredibly difficult for the plugs to come-out if you follow the directions (sounds like he didn't get it all the way in, used it in a hole that was bigger than recommended, or abused the tire while it was in...did he need 100 miles to get to a shop?).

Me, I've used them on my PC800 for a couple hundred miles, my Uni-Go a couple-hundred, and my Zuma a couple thousand--and that is feedback a "review" needs.

Kevin(aka "CalvinFold")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Insane Poster

I suggest that you write your own review. Keep it to your personal experience with the product, and keep the forum posting rules in mind.
Just like the first reviewer did. There may be many opinions, it's not about being right or wrong, it's about relating experiences. You are free to share yours, too. That doesn't mean he's right and you're wrong or vice versa.

And we have to understand that these reviews are only opinions and experiences. It's not about being right or wrong.

Anyone purchasing any product or service has to use their own judgement and take information of this type for what it's worth- the onus is still on the purchaser- Caveat Emptor always.

Just my $.02

Brewman
2005- Burgman 650- One of the faster Silver ones
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Insane Poster

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know "just anyone" could post a review, or if it was "good form" to have multiple reviews. I took your advice and wrote as exhaustive a review as I could based on my own far-too-extensive experience (does anyone want to be experienced with flats on a motorcycle?).

Kevin(aka "CalvinFold")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Insane Poster

I think you did a nice job. Having numerous reviews on the same product could get annoying, especially if they were all "Me Too", in this situation we had differing opinions- and to me it's good to hear all sides if I'm trying to make a purchase decision.

Brewman
2005- Burgman 650- One of the faster Silver ones
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:46 AM

I want to ask a question: I am looking for a "tank bag" or other bags that can be made secure on the "hump" for hydration and audio.

Blue Streak
Shreveport
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Jim,

This section is only for member reviews of products. General questions about accessories should be posted in the Aftermarket and Accessories forum.

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'03 Burgman 400 in silver (rebuilt)
'08 Burgman 400 in red - FOR SALE
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the info and direction.

Jim

Blue Streak
Shreveport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.