Please post questions for this section *HERE* - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Insane Poster

Randy,

Just write a new review. You can't edit a post that another member created even if we unlocked it.

Paul

'07 Triumph Bonneville T100
'06 Kymco People 250 (Wineberry)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Insane Poster

I was not thinking about editing a post, just have more then one post under a given thread if your reviewing the same product.
No problem I will just start a new thread with the same name -Givi Windshield
But not tonight
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Insane Poster

Chris,

I just read your review on the Airhawk. The UPS man brought mine this afternoon! I did not get a air pump with mine, but it is very easy to inflate without it. After I finish with the new messages here I will go try it out! One nice thing is that it fits nicely on either the driver or passenger portion of the AN650 seat, so my wife could use it when riding 2-up. I also ordered a bead seat pad. I am curious which I'll like better.

When you get the new one for your spouse, please let me know if an air pump comes with it. Maybe they stopped providing them. I bought mine from RL Motorcycle online, $20 cheaper than other places (and maybe that has something to do with the missing pump...). If so, I really don't care. Just curious.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Turbo Poster

Dear Paul:

I, too, will be interested to hear what you and your lady wife think of the Airhawk, and how it compares to a beaded seat. I have been pleased to find that my Airhawk also increases airflow under my rear, which is helpful in high summer's heat. But I'm sure the beaded seat will be leagues ahead in that regard. Let me (and everyone) know, will you?

Mike's Airhawk did not come with the air pump, either. I was a little surprised, because I bought his from the same place I bought mine. However, as you have discovered, the pump isn't necessary. I've found mine to be just another odd gizmo I have to store somewhere, and won't be able to find if I want it later. So I should edit my post to remove reference it.

Looking forward to your input, as always.

Best wishes,
Christine

Scooter experience: 2006 Burgman 650; 2003 Burgman 400; 1996 Honda Elite 80
Road story:

Gallery:
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Insane Poster

Christine,

We lock the review posts. If you do want to edit it, a moderator can unlock it for you. I don't really see a need to remove the air pump reference - you did get one with yours.

I took an hour ride using the AirHawk this evening. I liked it. Yes I did notice some airflow through it (it was about 73 F out, finally cool after a blistering hot spell). It also seems to damped those harsh little bumps that get past the scooter suspension pretty well. Despite it's price, I've read many good reviews on the AirHawk, and I can see why. Hmmmm.... My wife may find herself sitting on those hard little beads.

Paul

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Insane Poster

Last night my wife tried the Airhawk on passanger seat, said it was a lot better on the rough road we were on, now i will have to get one for her, I gess maby the bigger one would fit the seat better. I did not get a pump with mine, you dont need it.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Super Poster

I just posted a Review and a Pictorial How To, of a 650 windshield removal and install.
Should it be cross posted anywhere else to make available answers to any members questions?
If so where would be best?
Dan

07 400, NEP throttle lock cruise controll, Givi shield, Suzuki R, rack w/ Generic trunk.
06 Ducati Multistrada 620 (does it all)
02 Victory V92c
05 Burg 650 traded in for an 07 400.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Insane Poster

Dan,

We do not encourage cross-posting. That tends to split commentary on topics for one thing. But we do have a "How To" forum. You could start a thread in that forum to field any questions or comments that folks have on your install pics. It is OK to post the link to your pictures in your opening post there also.

Note: For other locked posts in the Reviews section, anyone can initiate discussion in a different forum. Usually it would be the Aftermarket and Accessories forum that you'd want to use, but in this case "How To" is more appropriate.

Paul

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Administrator

If anyone has questions about a locked review, they usually open another thread, referring back to the review, in another forum. It isn't necessary for the reviewer to create the other thread themselves.

Bill
'03 Burgman 400 in blue
'03 Burgman 400 in silver (rebuilt)
'08 Burgman 400 in red - FOR SALE
'13 Honda PCX 150 in red
"Yes, I ride it all year round. No, I'm not insane. I'm poor. With insane, you get free room and board."
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljo
Dan,

We do not encourage cross-posting. That tends to split commentary on topics for one thing. But we do have a "How To" forum. You could start a thread in that forum to field any questions or comments that folks have on your install pics. Usually it would be the Aftermarket and Accessories forum that you'd want to use, but in this case "How To" is more appropriate.
Thanks Paul,
Started out to do a How To. It's there now also.
Probably should have cut it into two definitive threads but the one, install, photographing, editing, download, cut paste, change, edit again and ride took about 6 hours to complete. After I went for a ride I was so impressed it became a review also.
I hope it is intelligable.
Dan

07 400, NEP throttle lock cruise controll, Givi shield, Suzuki R, rack w/ Generic trunk.
06 Ducati Multistrada 620 (does it all)
02 Victory V92c
05 Burg 650 traded in for an 07 400.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.