Small Portable Battery Battery Jumper - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 09:41 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
...That being the case I wonder if the battery will still be OK after pulling it out after a couple of years of storage on the day that you need it?
Not gonna happen - the XP series is so useful it would never sit around - not meant for that.

However - the Shorai will sit for long periods and start the bike very well ( my KLR had been sitting month is Australia and started perfectly - buddy keeping the bike was impressed ).
I kept going throught batteries in tropical Aus every year. Now on my 3rd year on the Shorai.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Jan to April
Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold Canada > 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold 10 Wee ABS 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS
Travel photos>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Insane Poster

Garage
Antigravity XP1 and you wont look back.
gec343 likes this.

| GIVI AF266 | Denali D2| BreakAway C.C | Pillion Backrest | Sena SMH10 | Gerbings T5 & Jacket | Fehling Racks | Givi E21 | AirHawk 2 | Fender Extender | MCL Reservoir Cover | K&N Air Filter | Stebel Nautilus Horn | Zumo 350 | Drift HD Ghost |
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 10:08 PM

I've used the Whistler Jump&Go Portable Jumpstart and Power Supply a couple of times. I'm getting ready to wire in a supply for a trailer harness and will probably wire in a 10GA wire with a fuse and the correct plug to hook the jumpstart up without the clamp type cables. I may make a pigtail adapter to run an extra cigarette lighter, usb, adapter, or battery tender for when I'm not needing the jumpstart port... I'll leave it capped in the storage compartment under the seat when not in use. Any thoughts?

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
What is wrong with a set of m/c jumper cables?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec343 View Post
The benefit is that you don't need another vehicle to make the jump.
On trips, I carry an extra battery and set of cables. Has the huge advantage that you can run the bike off it and go down the road if you need to, unlike those jump-start only things.

Came in handy a few times in Labrador. I had it set up in my tunnel bag and I jump-started myself at the gas pump without even getting off the seat (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
I have never been where I could not jump off another vehicle.
I have...many, many, many times.
gec343 likes this.

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 04-10-2016 at 12:10 AM.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Insane Poster

The problem that I have had with those jumper batteries is that they are seldom used, and when I need it, it's dead. I can't remember to take it out and charge it every month or two. So I just carry some lightweight motorcycle jumper cables, because there is always a battery around that I can get a jump off of.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.