So I've been using Ultraseal for the last 6K or so and have now gotten around to replacing both front and rear tires this past weekend. The front had a staple in it from October which precipitated this thread and the rear got a drill bit in it shortly thereafter. I put about 6K on the front after installing this product and 5 K on the rear tire after the drill bit incident. I did have to monitor the rear tire pressure. Apparently the drill bit went in somewhat sideways and tore up a fair amount of the interior of the tire. The Ultraseal never formed a consistent plug but as long as I monitored the pressure, adding air every couple of weeks, things went well.
Looking at the removed tires, the Ultraseal did distribute itself completely around the inside of the tire and there is a small puddle that collects in the bottom at rest.
As for messiness on the rim, any left over product on the rim rinsed off easily with water. I noted no interaction between the rim material and Ultraseal (I found some mention of aluminum rims corroding after using this product). I don't know that I can attribute the next to Ultraseal but, this was the easiest tire change in my recent 6 years of cycling (about 6 or 7 fronts and 11 or 12 rears). Might be that I'm gradually learning the process.
After reinstalling the tires, I put in another round of the product (8 ozs in the front and 10 ozs in the rear). I continue to recommend this product.
Ridin' the IceBurg - 10% transportation, 90% fun!
94K and counting.