Great stuff - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Great stuff

I am going to start a thread here called “Great Stuff” , any product , service or a way of accomplishing some thing is welcome here . Hopefully the tread will be used to share things you’ve learned that will enhance the lives of others .

I’ll start it out with the following post .

TheReaper!

If young men refused to fight and die , old men would be forced to settle their differences peacefully . TheReaper!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 650 Burgman
2008 650 Burgman sold
2006 650 Burgman sold
2005 650 Burgman
2009 T-MAX
2006 Big Ruckus
2005 Big Ruckus
2004 Honda Silverwing 600
2002 Honda Silverwing 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Replacing fats , sugars and sodium with capsaicin

Replacing fats , sugars and sodium with capsaicin .

Replacing fats and sugars with capsaicin (chili peppers / hot peppers) Last summer I decided to start eating healthier , getting off of sugar and cutting back on fats and salt . Food companies are either adding fats , sugars and salt to make their products taste good . So good they become addictive to some , and led to IMO the worst epidemic since the plague . What I have found through experimentation is , in many cases capsaicin can take the place of all the commercial flavor enhancers . How much you add to a recipe is up to you , a little bit can change the recipe enough to replace the flavor lost from the fats , sugars and sodium . I use these products and prepare my own too see link , GREAT STUFF !

http://www.eatitatlanta.com/2008/10/...-garlic-sauce/

Capsaicin also has many health benefits , see link .

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/0...rs-hot-004.htm

To your health . TheReaper!

If young men refused to fight and die , old men would be forced to settle their differences peacefully . TheReaper!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 650 Burgman
2008 650 Burgman sold
2006 650 Burgman sold
2005 650 Burgman
2009 T-MAX
2006 Big Ruckus
2005 Big Ruckus
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Molecular Bonding .

Found about it here .

This is the companies video .

TheReaper!

2007 650 Burgman
2008 650 Burgman sold
2006 650 Burgman sold
2005 650 Burgman
2009 T-MAX
2006 Big Ruckus
2005 Big Ruckus

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Insane Poster

Capsaicin is great stuff. I have eggs almost every morning, very little butter, no salt and lots of Tabasco sauce. My Cholesterol is fine.

I prefer spicy foods though. If you can take the heat, it's a great replacement for flavor most use fats and salt to achieve.
gec343 likes this.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Insane Poster

Gorilla brand duct tape.

Thicker and stickier than regular duct tape. Very heavy duty.

Accept no substitutes.
gec343 likes this.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Super Poster

Thumbs up Sirop D'Erable.

100% Pure Maple syrup. This stuff comes from trees, no less! Maybe it is why the Maple Leaf is Canada's symbol. And Reaper, please tell me it is not fructose.

You can drink an ounce of it out of a shot glass like a liquer - it was offered to us this way one time by the gatekeeper at a Trappist Monastery - the monk had family in Quebec who had just sent him a supply.. It will flavour anything from cookies to bacon. And of course it is an extra charge as THE delux syrup to put on your pancakes at resturants with any class.

Gorilla duct tape - never heard of it. But will look for it; does it it come in colours (for when I need to re-furbish my Burgman cup-holder).
captainfish likes this.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 01:07 PM

Molecular Bonding

The statements made in the commercials regarding epoxy are false. Also there are lots of glues that will bond acrylic or better yet use acrylic solvent.

JP

1995 Honda Elite - Sold
2003 Honda Reflex - Sold
2012 Suzuki Burgman AN400A
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Insane Poster

superglue, cyanoacrylate,,, great for small cuts , stops blood seeping , closes wound, keeps out germs, not real good on bendy places though,, new skin, great for road rash and cat attacks, won't stop bleeding , bbut clean the area, put it on and forget about it, won't wash off in rain, probably in shower too, and keeps out infection, stings like crazy but cats don't mind

never swim nekkid, they'll know who farted
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post
Gorilla duct tape - never heard of it. But will look for it; does it it come in colours (for when I need to re-furbish my Burgman cup-holder).
Only Black and Camo as far as I know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gori...kEBfkQ_AUICCgD

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 AM

Slime tire sealant. I just got back to my place in Mexico the other day. Will be off the Burg for 4 months and instead I'll be riding the quad. The tires are ten years old with cracks all around the sidewalls where the first tread lugs start. Figured I'd have to replace, but tried Slime first. Put it in before we buttoned up the place last season.

When I rolled the quad out of the garage some wet appeared on the tires where the low spots had been while sitting. Slime was oozing out the cracks. I added some air and took her for a ride on the beach. A week later and no air loss. Amazing stuff.

Would not drive old cracked tires on my Burgman of course, but for putting around on four big soft tires like I do down here, perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.