USA - Coast to Coast - June 17' - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
USA - Coast to Coast - June 17'

so here it goes my new year's resolution, after thinking it for awhile and evaluating other options I made up my mind and here is my plan for 20017.

- When: end of May - June
- Direction: From East to West.
- How Long: 17 days scheduled at first, 13 riding days.
- Bike: I don’t know yet. I may rent or buy one and then somebody will sell it for me? Anybody want to rent me a Burgman? I ride slow

This is my first draft/base of the project, I’m sharing it with you guys so I am open to suggestions. Base route is 66 plus some detours to spend some time with friends. So if you live nearby the route or wanna have a talk, let me know.

Miami, FL, USA
Fort Myers, FL, USA (Friends)
Atlanta, GA, USA (may meet some buddy)
New Orleans, LA, USA (Easy rider and food looks good)
Lake Charles, LA, USA
Fort Worth, TX, USA (Friends)
Wichita Falls, TX
Amarillo, TX
Santa Fe, NM, USA
Flagstaff, AZ, USA - Oak Creek canyon into Sedona
Las Vegas, NV (what happens in vegas stay in Vegas, I like how that sounds.)
Death Valley or Mojave National Preserve?
Palm Springs, CA
Los Angeles, CA (may meet some buddy)

I have created a closed group in Facebook "Living The Dream: USA" if you want to be involved and see the latest updates, no spam!

Any suggestions? thank you for pitching in.

BurgPnoMan, AROTH and Foxyrhei like this.

| GIVI AF266 | Denali D2| BreakAway C.C | Pillion Backrest | Sena SMH10 | Gerbings T5 & Jacket | Fehling Racks | Givi E21 | AirHawk 2 | Fender Extender | MCL Reservoir Cover | K&N Air Filter | Stebel Nautilus Horn | Zumo 350 | Drift HD Ghost |

Last edited by fernando; 12-31-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Super Poster

Garage
Great plan Fernando!

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 01:45 AM
Turbo Poster

Fernando, I really, really, REALLY think you need to head into Colorado from Amarillo. There are a million things to see and ways to go but, one I would suggest would be: Amarillo, Trinidad (CO), Pagosa Springs, Telluride, La Sal (UT), Moab and Arches National Park, Fruita (UT), Zion National Park, Las Vegas (NV). A couple of the stated waypoints are just to force the route and, not necessarily points of interest. Also, there are a couple of places where a GPS routing would take you on Interstate Highway where you would want to jump off onto smaller highways. All along this route I would make specific suggestions on specific places to stop and experience and, would offer that info if you think you may go that route. Let me know if you would like further suggestions. I'm envious of your trip. These are all areas I've travelled and highly recommend.

If you could add a few more miles, if, instead of going to La Sal you split off at Naturita and go through Gateway, then continue to Grand Junction, you would be welcome to sleep on a couch or throw up a tent on our 5 acres. From Grand Junction, you would then get to Moab via I70 and Hwy 128 before getting back onto the route called out. Whatever you do, I would recommend you come up into Colorado.
Dave_J likes this.

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

Better to have scooted and got lost, than to never have scooted at all.

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!

Last edited by Scooter_Maniac; 01-03-2017 at 01:53 AM.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Super Poster

Take the southern route through Houston and I may ride with you to Phoenix Az. To see my son.

Common sense, the least common of the senses.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
Friends come first, so I understand the Ft. Myers/Atlanta/Ft. Worth stops. As a California boy, I can only cringe that you will be missing world-class rides in my State- no Pacific Coast Hwy, no Sierra Nevada passes, no redwood forests, no crossing the Golden Gate. My only suggestion is to get your friends to move to Colorado and California by May.

If you have some time when you hit LA, I know of few of us would love to show you some favorite SoCal rides. Liam? Rusty?

Jeff
AN650L4 in MMFG (Gray) Givi V47, Clearview
AN400K8 in Black, Givi AirFlow
'12 Vespa LXV150 in Portofino Green for the wife

AN400K5 in Blue (sold)
AN650K5 in Silver (sold)
AN650K7 in Gray (sold)

a Burgman rider since Aug. 28, 2005
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_MDR View Post
If you have some time when you hit LA, I know of few of us would love to show you some favorite SoCal rides. Liam? Rusty?
Sure, no problem. Lmk when you'll be here and we can spend a day riding. There's a LOT of fantastic roads here. I'll be glad to show you them Fernando.

I can also provide you some GPS route files for your trip in to Los Angeles. Palm Springs to LA has some good riding. Plan a full day just for that, if you have the time.
Rusty J likes this.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner

Last edited by Liamjs; 01-04-2017 at 09:08 PM.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:23 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Friends come first, so I understand the Ft. Myers/Atlanta/Ft. Worth stops. As a California boy, I can only cringe that you will be missing world-class rides in my State- no Pacific Coast Hwy, no Sierra Nevada passes, no redwood forests, no crossing the Golden Gate. My only suggestion is to get your friends to move to Colorado and California by May.

Liam's the subject matter expert I know the Palos Verdes Peninsula, but Liam knows the Santa Monica and San Gabriel mountains.

Keep us posted!

Not all who wander lack GPS.
Whir-chirp-chirp, purr...
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 AM

Don't miss the Pacific Coast drive from LA to Portland.

hbr1 09 Burgman 650 in white
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Maniac View Post
Fernando, I really, really, REALLY think you need to head into Colorado from Amarillo. There are a million things to see and ways to go but, one I would suggest would be: Amarillo, Trinidad (CO), Pagosa Springs, Telluride, La Sal (UT), Moab and Arches National Park, Fruita (UT), Zion National Park, Las Vegas (NV). A couple of the stated waypoints are just to force the route and, not necessarily points of interest. Also, there are a couple of places where a GPS routing would take you on Interstate Highway where you would want to jump off onto smaller highways. All along this route I would make specific suggestions on specific places to stop and experience and, would offer that info if you think you may go that route. Let me know if you would like further suggestions. I'm envious of your trip. These are all areas I've travelled and highly recommend.

If you could add a few more miles, if, instead of going to La Sal you split off at Naturita and go through Gateway, then continue to Grand Junction, you would be welcome to sleep on a couch or throw up a tent on our 5 acres. From Grand Junction, you would then get to Moab via I70 and Hwy 128 before getting back onto the route called out. Whatever you do, I would recommend you come up into Colorado.
thank you for your input.

The route I've originally planned its just the start point, as I haven't ridden in the US I really dont know which POI are a must. If you were to do the Coast to Coast, what route would you take, considering only 12 days of riding?

| GIVI AF266 | Denali D2| BreakAway C.C | Pillion Backrest | Sena SMH10 | Gerbings T5 & Jacket | Fehling Racks | Givi E21 | AirHawk 2 | Fender Extender | MCL Reservoir Cover | K&N Air Filter | Stebel Nautilus Horn | Zumo 350 | Drift HD Ghost |
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:

I understand California looks like Chile or the other way around LOL, wine is better down here though. LOL. so California could take the entire 17 days I've planned..I wish I had more time. if you were to ride the East to West in 12 days, what would be your route based on POI?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.