• 1 Post By ducati14
  • 1 Post By SgtRV
  • 1 Post By Sallybabe56

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Send a message via MSN to Sallybabe56
Merry Christmas to all

hiya from Sallybabe in Victoria, BC Canada. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hoping that each one of you has safe rides in your future and all the best of wishes for 2017. Hugs and cheers Sally.
AROTH and xringracing like this.

2006 400cc Silver Burgman - SOLD DEC 2011
2012 400cc Black Burgman - bought Oct 5, 2013.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Super Poster

It's almost over but thanks and I hope yours was joyous.

Now on to the next event.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Super Poster

Same back at you Sallybabe in Victoria - do you still have riding weather there?

And Merry Christmas all.

Definitely we do not have to 'dream' of a white Christmas here. And a new snow just started falling - a prelude to 30 cm over the next 24 hours due to a "Colorado low'. OK you guys in Colorado, we're not saying it's your fault, we're just saying we're blaming you.

Good thing one doesn't have to kick start the Burgman as its darned tricky doing a kickstart the scoot while wearing snowshoes.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Super Poster

Christmas glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRV View Post
It's almost over but thanks and I hope yours was joyous.

Now on to the next event.
Actually we try to hang on as long as possible to the Christmas Spirit here as the season is dear to us. One way we do that is by keeping our trees up until Ukrainian Christmas on Jan 7th. After that the tree is back in the box or, alternately, headed for the wood chipper.
Skunkhome likes this.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Super Poster

Christmas in my household will continue on through the Epiphany, January 7th. This is a tradition which has been handed down through generations of my Dad's family from the old country. My wife's family had the tree sitting at the curb side by sundown on the 25th.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Super Poster

Not being a Christian it has much less meaning for me. My deceased girl friend did more decorating than I ever did. She was born in Iraq and chose Islam. The decorations will be stowed away in the next couple days and life will go on. I don't celebrate New Year's Eve like some so, I just wait for the gathering of my 11 brothers in a couple weeks it seems.
Skunkhome likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Send a message via MSN to Sallybabe56
Yes the weather is rainy so we could ride here if we wanted to. We did have snow a couple of days before Christmas but the temps warmed up and the rain washed it all away. Supposed to have gotten another dumping but it has not materialized thank heavens. I don't have a Christmaas tree, my place is too small. I have ornaments and a lighted angel that goes up on the wall and a 5 star arrangement that also gets hung up somewhere. My 4 yr old grandson was horrified that I didn't have a tree, he asked "where is Santa going to put your presents Nanna?" I said "at your house." He did not get it. We had a get together Boxing Day at my eldest daughter's house and it was lovely. Grandson told us adults off as we were too noisy playing Pictionary. He could not hear his tv program. We finally put head phones on him and he was happy then. The ladies won the first round and the guys won the next so it was a tie. A great time was had by all. hugs Sally.
ducati14 likes this.

2006 400cc Silver Burgman - SOLD DEC 2011
2012 400cc Black Burgman - bought Oct 5, 2013.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Super Poster

Wealthy Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRV View Post
Not being a Christian it has much less meaning for me. My deceased girl friend did more decorating than I ever did. She was born in Iraq and chose Islam. The decorations will be stowed away in the next couple days and life will go on. I don't celebrate New Year's Eve like some so, I just wait for the gathering of my 11 brothers in a couple weeks it seems.
Dude, as far as brothers go, you are rich!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 12:24 AM
Super Poster

How'd you know that was my name.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.