adding more front light - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

adding more front light

I need to add more light in the front as I do not see sh.t at night in back roads (almost ran into a deer tonight)

I will appreciate information about compliant products, wiring, hook up to battery and ignition (on/off set up)

With gratitude

T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Super Poster

Someone here did a LED conversion on their 200, but I dont remember who. They found the kit on FleaBay. I would like to convert just the high beam to a super white LED so cars would see me better during the day. I personally find the headlights fine at night. I looked for the thread because they posted a picture and a mini review, but I couldnt find it. Looked really nice and BRIGHT!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:04 AM
Insane Poster

Welcome to BUSA from Tampa Bay Florida USA.
You joined 10 months ago, but only posted 10 times, so hence the following:
If you haven't already done so, please fill out your User profile in the Control Panel to tell us about your bike, location, etc.
Please add your location onto the Burgman Owners Map:
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1693807#

Now, about your lights, First off, you have not mentioned what scooter you are riding, but I am guessing it's a 200, since you posted in the 200 forum. I have a 400 and a 650, and the lights on those are incredibly bright. I don't have any trouble at all seeing well into the darkness on the dark country roads. I don't know what all the buzzz is about with people wanting to put these new fangled bright a$$ bulbs with a heat sink fan cooled power supply built on the back of them. Maybe the 200's lights aren't as bright, as the other Burgmans, but the Burgmans I've seen light up the road really good!

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1979 Honda CB 750 Silver
1979 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

E.D., scOOter,

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, I have a 2014 - 200 Burgamn

I have added my location https://www.zeemaps.com/edit/OipJU3Y...Ps82hPOM_oKKEo

Thanks again,
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Insane Poster

One thing to be wary of is that the electrical system on small bikes have limited capacity for extra draw. It is easy to put yourself into an over draw situation (ask me how I know).

If you want/need more light, make sure you go with LED to minimize draw, and don't go with huge ones either.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
One thing to be wary of is that the electrical system on small bikes have limited capacity for extra draw. It is easy to put yourself into an over draw situation (ask me how I know).

If you want/need more light, make sure you go with LED to minimize draw, and don't go with huge ones either.
FYI - these are the ones I am looking at. All that is stopping me is figuring out where I would put them on my bike. Mounting points are rather lacking.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...d-lighting-kit

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:43 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
FYI - these are the ones I am looking at. All that is stopping me is figuring out where I would put them on my bike. Mounting points are rather lacking.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...d-lighting-kit
A.G. haven't heard from you in a while, good to hear from you up in Penn State. Yeah, those lights you linked, you don't really want to put those ugly boxes on your T-Max do you?. They are hard to mount and look like crap. Why don't you consider those powerful LED's that replace your headlight bulbs? Much better & brighter. Use no more power. Most of them have a power supply built on the back of the bulb that has a little fan in it. I think a better one might be the ones that have a heat sink without a fan, it has strips of metal cloth to conduct the heat away from the bulb.
Here's the thread that discussed it:
LED Headlights *New
They discuss the LED's with fans OPT7, the Phillips and a few others. You and I both posted in that thread, mostly about the cell phones and standard lights! After a few pages Foxyrehei brings up the ones with no fan, just an air cooled heat sink, see the link below:
http://www.xenondepot.com/H4-LED-mot...h4-led-mhl.htm
I kinda like the no fan option, but you would have to shop around. Just make sure you can feel your phone vibrate!
Let me know what you think about changing headlight bulbs to LED's. If you want brighter headlights, it makes sense doesn't it?
I mean, it would look a lot better than hanging black boxes on your scoot.

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1979 Honda CB 750 Silver
1979 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7

Last edited by E.D.; 02-05-2017 at 02:46 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post
A.G. haven't heard from you in a while,
Between login problems, bike problems, job issues, illness, more illness, and more illness....it has been a difficult time (:

Quote:
good to hear from you up in Penn State.
Thanks (:

Quote:
Yeah, those lights you linked, you don't really want to put those ugly boxes on your T-Max do you?.
No, which is why they are not yet there (:

Quote:
Why don't you consider those powerful LED's that replace your headlight bulbs?
I have before. I almost put them on last time I had my bike apart (you have to take the whole front end off to change bulbs). But those OPT7 get such mixed reviews (last I looked) - I just didn't want to spend the money and be disappointed. So I bought two two packs of something else (different bulb each side), so now I am invested in those (can't use them for anything else) too.

But I gotta take the bike apart again soon for other reasons....so I've been tempted....but I dunno. Same logic above still applies.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Super Poster

Garage
I have the Opt7 LED headlight bulbs, they work great and very easy to install. I went with Denali DM micro lights mounted on the front fender, they are great for extra day time visibility and throwing some more light at night. I originally got the Denali DR1 kit, but they are huge. There isn't really any place to mount fog lights other then the front fender without drilling into plastic. Could look into the bottom of the mirrors, you wouldn't be able to fold the mirrors back if you mount them there.

Stock Burgmans scare me........

Givi V46 Tech top case with Givi quick release brake light kit, backrest and interior lighting kit, with an Admore tail/brake light.
Admore Bark Buster running/turn signal LED strips on front faring.
Kiwi Dave side case racks with Givi E21 cases and Admore universal bi-color side case kit.
Clearview XL, tinted and vented windshield. Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda. Kaoko throttle lock. Bestbackrests.com backrest.
Admore large tinted smt led light bar. RAM GPS mount for Tomtom XXL. Oznium turn signal reminders. Stebel Air Horn. OPT7 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs. K&N Air Filter.
Dryspec Tool Tube mounted on left side case rack. Denali DM Micro Lights mounted on the front fender.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post

I don't know what all the buzzz is about with people wanting to put these new fangled bright a$$ bulbs with a heat sink fan cooled power supply built on the back of them.

The stock 650 bulbs are good but there is always room for improvement. Leds give extra visibility in the day time. They throw a lot more light farther down the road and on the side of the road which gives you more time to react to objects or wildlife on the road. Reflective road signs really stand out and look like they have their own power source, I can sometime see the light from my led headlights during the day on street signs. They're unlikely to never burn out and may even outlast the bike. There is also a cosmetic effect, a lot of people find the pure white light of leds bulbs look better then the yellowish light from the stock bulbs.
tabel likes this.

Stock Burgmans scare me........

Givi V46 Tech top case with Givi quick release brake light kit, backrest and interior lighting kit, with an Admore tail/brake light.
Admore Bark Buster running/turn signal LED strips on front faring.
Kiwi Dave side case racks with Givi E21 cases and Admore universal bi-color side case kit.
Clearview XL, tinted and vented windshield. Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda. Kaoko throttle lock. Bestbackrests.com backrest.
Admore large tinted smt led light bar. RAM GPS mount for Tomtom XXL. Oznium turn signal reminders. Stebel Air Horn. OPT7 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs. K&N Air Filter.
Dryspec Tool Tube mounted on left side case rack. Denali DM Micro Lights mounted on the front fender.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.