Here we go with a problem.... - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 06:54 PM

What is that? a bigger bearing with more bearing surface to carry and distribute load from the chain that is trying to pull it forward (all around really) not to necessarily keep it from twisting the wheel to the side. (though it would have a little more of that effect too)

Bigger bearing distributes load around the axle with more bearing surface to carry the load... Bigger bearing... less stress on it. That would be its main function.

Southeast Michigan Darkside rider

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Insane Poster

It's exactly why the extra bearing is there, the lateral or twisting force applied to the rear sprocket grinds it to the bushings, damaging them and creating a play. Try to put a load on a bicycle pedals with loosened rear wheel axle nuts -- the wheel will always twist to the one same side. Now add road conditions which considerably increase these lateral forces, and get the idea why i would not want to have a single brake disc when stopping hard or looking for a better control of the braking.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Have next week off so Im gonna try to get off my booty and pull it apart. Wife and I decided to fix it since it fits 2 "normal" sized people very well and is actually very well thought out. I may get a hardness test on the O.E.M. outer face and compare it to the Malossi variator. Still kinda angry at the whole thing BUT I still enjoy riding it. So we will soon see if the Z50 curse has got me also, and what is needed to fix it.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Insane Poster

and at the same time you can add a hitch and pto for pulling stumps, that little 200 should be able to take out a moderate sized redwood

doctorate dietary medicene, graduate suma cum laude, Ima eta pi
laugh at yourself, everyone else is
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Bet it could Mikey! Its a strong little motor that is connected to a iffy transmission. I have hope I can figure it out and rid it of the bugs. Should just spray it with Raid! So stay tuned for further developments......
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

O.k., started ordering the parts to attempt to fix the Z50 curse (sorry for dragging you into this Z50 but you were the first!) of the variator wearing out. Going with a Malossi variator. Racing Planet will be my friend for most of the parts of this experiment. Will verify all the sizes/weights and what needs to be replaced during this rebuild. Also post money spent totals when done. I sure hope this experiment works and the transmission last past 10,000 miles! What is my new catch phrase? WISH ME LUCK!
gec343 likes this.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Roller size for Burgman 200-I have a stock, never installed roller and it measured 23.88x17.90MM. I bring this up because there are both 23x18 AND 24x18 rollers/sliders available. I remember seeing someone say 23x18 is the correct size, but due to my measurements I believe it to be 24x18. I also weighed the roller at 23 grams. Im ordering a Malossi variator and the roller sizes may be different, but I figured I would post my findings since the Im working with new, O.E.M. parts for reference.
gec343 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.